R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Any advantage in "Slash" class with different brand bodies? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/349028-any-advantage-slash-class-different-brand-bodies.html)

Cain 12-04-2009 07:26 AM

Any advantage in "Slash" class with different brand bodies?

For the slash class that is looking to be ran at a track that is opening up, its pretty much full spec class limitations, with only change allowed is to the stronger shock caps.

There is also a limitation on the type of body you can run, only traxxas bodies.

I prefer JConcepts for looks and durability I had in other classes, but I was curious, has anyone actually seen an advantage to run a different body in a spec slash class?

lusifur 12-04-2009 07:33 AM

Cooler looking bodies intimidate the competition. :tire:

Also, the stock body is the best parachute made for the Slash, another body (say Desert Rat) might have less of a "parachute" effect when sailing over jumps.

blade329 12-04-2009 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 6676694)
For the slash class that is looking to be ran at a track that is opening up, its pretty much full spec class limitations, with only change allowed is to the stronger shock caps.

There is also a limitation on the type of body you can run, only traxxas bodies.

I prefer JConcepts for looks and durability I had in other classes, but I was curious, has anyone actually seen an advantage to run a different body in a spec slash class?

There would be an advantage in having the Parma Rattler body due to the large wheel wells (less wheel rub). I noticed that the Pro-Line bodies are more sturdy than the stock one. Other than that, I don't see too much performance difference.

There is a definite disadvantage to having the Baja Bug bodies. I've seen those open wheels get tangled too easily.

Cain 12-04-2009 08:37 AM

Thanks for the info. Anyone else have any more experiences?

Gouldzilla 12-04-2009 09:25 PM

each of the bodies handle differently

i have found that the J concepts truth has the most steering, the proline has the least steering and the dessert rat is in the middle. i have not tried the parma or the j concepts dare

G-Zilla

malik 12-04-2009 10:34 PM

I seen all slashes do the parachuting thing and I just seen that desert bug body in 1 of my latest mags and thought that would be an edge really to run that body. I bet you could put down better times with that body. And it looks pretty cool and I am not really a SC guy. In my area I never heard of the body rule that sucks I think it should be any body made for the truck.

Neu_Racer 12-05-2009 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gouldzilla (Post 6679349)

i have found that the J concepts truth has the most steering, the proline has the least steering and the dessert rat is in the middle. i have not tried the parma or the j concepts dare

G-Zilla

WOW!!! Gould does venture out of the NW forum!!!

jasonwipf 12-05-2009 04:50 PM

i got rid of my parachuting effect effect on my slash by cutting out he side windows and a large windshield sized hole in the rear right behind the lip of the roof. I no longer feel that floating in the air like i used to.

Cain 12-07-2009 08:25 AM

thanks for the info!

Krawl 12-07-2009 10:53 AM

I ran Slayer body that came with a big hole on the windshield and quite many at the upper bed....should be lesser parachuting, just a little I guess because I didn't notice any big difference...

SirSpeedy 12-07-2009 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Gouldzilla (Post 6679349)

G-Zilla

hahaha

tc5 man 12-07-2009 06:46 PM

hes right man i run the jconcepts truth body and i defiely notice a steering
increase from the stock body and i run stock slash.
but also the fenders dont rub ha