Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Rustler VXL Staduim Truck Advice >

Rustler VXL Staduim Truck Advice

Rustler VXL Staduim Truck Advice

Old 12-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Heavy-D View Post
Yeah even tho im a novice i think any out of the box rc needs all its plastic parts thrown out the door. Plastic is just way too easy to break. You dont even have to crash the thing that hard. Just the right amount of pressure in the right spot will snap any part.
Well heres the thing. Metal and plastic will break, just some plastic will break quicker than others. Sometime metal will break easier than plastic. Now plastic will bend and return to it normal shape most of the time, metal will bend but all most never return to its orginal shape. Metal isnt always better. It depends which parts your talkng about. The plastic output yokes on the rustler wont hold up to the vxl system for long, the steal will. I dont recommed useing alum arms and towers. They will bend and your truck wont handle as well and you'll have to replace a $25-$35 part.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A ball differential work wonders for these Traxxas cars.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer View Post
Well heres the thing. Metal and plastic will break, just some plastic will break quicker than others. Sometime metal will break easier than plastic. Now plastic will bend and return to it normal shape most of the time, metal will bend but all most never return to its orginal shape. Metal isnt always better. It depends which parts your talkng about. The plastic output yokes on the rustler wont hold up to the vxl system for long, the steal will. I dont recommed useing alum arms and towers. They will bend and your truck wont handle as well and you'll have to replace a $25-$35 part.
I never even thought about it like that... exactly why i called myself a novice haha.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Heavy-D View Post
I never even thought about it like that... exactly why i called myself a novice haha.
What kind of surfaces are you planning on driving on? If it is mild terrain than stick with the ruslter but if you are bashing on rougher terrain you might consider a 4x4 Monster truck like the e-maxx or e-savage.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snowboard094 View Post
What kind of surfaces are you planning on driving on? If it is mild terrain than stick with the ruslter but if you are bashing on rougher terrain you might consider a 4x4 Monster truck like the e-maxx or e-savage.
Nothing crazy. Simple dirt and grass, but prolly Mostly street. A Stadium Truck is definitly my best bet. I would much rather a savage cause having that much torque with that large of an rc car would be great. I am also not loaded with money and dont have $700+ to spend on one.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

If I could just throw my 2 cents in I would say the rustler vxl is a bit much for a newbie It was my first truck since I started back up in rc and It was too fast and every time I ran it it would break something. Also a 7 cell battery would be better than a lipo to start unless you want your house to burn down! The Traxxas slash would be a good inexpensive truck.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jimmy Avila View Post
If I could just throw my 2 cents in I would say the rustler vxl is a bit much for a newbie It was my first truck since I started back up in rc and It was too fast and every time I ran it it would break something. Also a 7 cell battery would be better than a lipo to start unless you want your house to burn down! The Traxxas slash would be a good inexpensive truck.
Thanks for the heads up but im sure i will be just fine. i have been around RC cars alot. some family of mine owns them and i used to have a nitro truck when i was a kid but it was too much to keep up with. and there is plenty of features in the VXL-3 to keep my power down as much as possible just to get the hang of driving and rc car again. As far as the lipo goes its just like anything else that you charge. pay attention to when ur charging it and dont leave it alone. Common sense is all and i have plenty of it.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:16 AM
Tech Initiate

u like going fast? get a rustler vxl. enough said.