Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Anyone tried the new Kyosho MP9 e-conversion kit >

Anyone tried the new Kyosho MP9 e-conversion kit

Anyone tried the new Kyosho MP9 e-conversion kit

Old 12-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I was just thinking of trying to order this setup. It will go on my 777 WC SP2. I like the fit and finish of the setup. Thanks for posting up the pic above.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Just finished mine..I went with the 1900 tekin though.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
thats nice if u do plan on doing plan on spending big bucks on tires with all that electric power and its heavyer but the speedo is nice though,but thats why i stay with 1/8 nitro for that reason and others
What???

The trigger has multiple slide positions for proportional speed...just an fyi lol
Old 12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by tharris1959
What???

The trigger has multiple slide positions for proportional speed...just an fyi lol

what are u talking about lol
Old 12-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

thats nice if u do plan on doing plan on spending big bucks on tires with all that electric power and its heavyer but the speedo is nice though,but thats why i stay with 1/8 nitro for that reason and others
I know you said you are not trying to put anything down , However where do you get these ideas about spending big bucks on tires and that electric buggys are all heavy from ? . I don't go through tires any faster .My buggy is not heavier than most nitro buggys out there. Just wondering
Old 12-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Powerlink
I know you said you are not trying to put anything down , However where do you get these ideas about spending big bucks on tires and that electric buggys are all heavy from ? . I don't go through tires any faster .My buggy is not heavier than most nitro buggys out there. Just wondering

i was just saying that the 2 1/8 buggy that my buds have where defiely. heavyer however they where running two 2 cell lipos and a tecko conversion, kit which i head is heavyer than most conversion kits. as for the tires i was just thinking that the heavyer the car the more ware on your tires.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i was just saying that the 2 1/8 buggy that my buds have where defiely. heavyer however they where running two 2 cell lipos and a tecko conversion, kit which i head is heavyer than most conversion kits. as for the tires i was just thinking that the heavyer the car the more ware on your tires.
Thats why (you were thinking) it wont use tires no faster than nitro unless its ran on the street, and if you weigh them there not that much heavier.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Prophet

i belive u it just felt heavyer to me
Old 12-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default St-rr conversion

Help me out here. First does any one have a picture of a str or strr with this conversion on it. Second with truggies being heavier should they some how retain there nitro brakes. I saw a conversion kit by a rc screw company that kept both servos and brake linkage. This seems a little complicated, do the brushless systems have enough brake and I shouldn't worry about it? Thanks
Old 12-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chopper 7
Help me out here. First does any one have a picture of a str or strr with this conversion on it. Second with truggies being heavier should they some how retain there nitro brakes. I saw a conversion kit by a rc screw company that kept both servos and brake linkage. This seems a little complicated, do the brushless systems have enough brake and I shouldn't worry about it? Thanks

IMO motor brakes are More then enough and work just dandy when you take the time to set them up...some guys like the mechanical brakes for the bias adjustment and that's about it....Mechanical brakes can fade over a long main where as the motor brakes will be pretty consistent throughout the main.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

OK I understand. So the bias could be handy for tuning on specific tracks (just like with nitro). Is there any suggested brushless 1/8 system that could be swapped back and forth between my truggy and buggy? Maybe only change pinions?
Old 12-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

PitPop,

How was the Orion Vortex 8 system?
Old 02-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

tekno makes a conversion kit as well. has anyone tried it? any better/worse than the kyosho brand?