R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-04-2002, 04:19 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Paint-jobs

Ive just bought a new XXX for the upcoming off road season but I am lacking inspiration for the colour scheme to spray it. My normal colours are blue, fluoro yellow and silver/grey. anyone feeling at all insirational?

drop me some suggestions or point me in the direction of some inspirational pics on the web

chownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 06:41 AM   #2
Tech Adept

I just had a friend make a mask out of vyinal......(sp)....ill end up scanning it in and ill post it up...its like the crazy anled paintjobs on the trucks.....like the grens, reds, and stuff.....i dunno...ill show you later..lol
integrashowcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 01:14 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

yes

please post it soon

Anyone else loaded with inspiration?
chownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:13 AM   #4
Tech Adept

lol.....just go to mag sites like Truckin, lowrider, sport compact , superstreet...places like that...look ar REAL paint jobs...thats where i get my imspiration
integrashowcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:52 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to VDUBGTI Send a message via Yahoo to VDUBGTI

i was thinking on getting the rc10ce air brushed.
VDUBGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 07:42 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

go to www.skipgear.com they have a lot of awesome losi painted bodys may be u can get some ideas from them
aeracer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 11:41 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Here is one I just finished for the Cactus. It is actually Zoom teal over maple leaf prizm. The flames are off of the mask that are posted here. Click on the file.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg new-body.jpg (7.4 KB, 197 views)
purple p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 01:00 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Default Kick ass idea i've just thought of!!

Hi Matey,

I've just had an idea that i think will work if you want to be a little more creative + if you suck at painting fine detail it could be a cheats way out :-)

1/ Get a sheet of transparent sticky backed labels from a stationary shop/ office supplies store.
2/ Find a cool pic on the internet which will print out on a colour printer (the more basic the better)
3/ Print out an inverted version (eg mirror image especialy if it contains text anywhere) of the pic onto your transparent sticky backed label.
4/ Trim down to size
5/ Stick on the inside of your clear shell.
At this point it may look a little transparent still but put a peice of white paper behid it and it should look pretty cool against the white background
6/ Remove the card and paint the inside of the shell in the normal manner over the tope of the pic which you've stuck on the inside of your car.
7/ Final result should be a s*** hot looking shell with a sweet looking graphic on the inside??

I've not yet tried this with a body shell (will do at the weekend though) but I have tried if for demonstration purpose with an old CD case. I Printed the pic onto transparent sticky backed label. Stuck this on the inside of the CD case. Painted over the back of it all. Result a cracking looking pic which will not get damaged as it's on the inside of the shell/case on this occasion. Only problem was the pic was quite detailed so it did not print out briliantly.

I figured cartoon characters would work really well as most of them are basic shapes and colours. I am going to take a Scooby Doo pic which i found on the net and use it down the full leghnth of my TVR tuscan shell which should be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully as long as all goes well I'll put a pic of it on here so you can see the result.

Let me know what you think of this idea & if you think it would work?? Maybe someone out there has a better idea??

Cheers all

Daz!!
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote