Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up need opinions please.

my son and i started racing rc late in the summer.
we started with spec slash. im thinking about building another vehicle.
im thinking either a short course truck, or a stadium truck.
if i went stadium truck what truck would you suggest, rb5, losi?
then if i did what motor speed control combo would be good for a medium sized off road track?
if i go short course our club is gonna run 4x4 slashes in a class deemed
shourt course mod. if i were to run say a modded blitz would i get my rearend handed to me. or should i just get a 4x4 slash?
again if i go blitz what motor speed control combo would be good?

sorry if this is too much but everybody that has givin me advice in this forum
about chargers and batteries etc. have been right on the money.
thanks again.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Stadium trucks are a ton of fun. They handle better and are more like serious racing. If you guys are still new I would stick with the stock class. 17.5 motors. Once you get better in that class you can move up to 13.5.

If there is a good turnout for stadium trucks at your class I would lean toward that as I think you may enjoy the better handling cars.

As for modified SC classes. The 4X4's will have a handling advantage. It ultimately comes down to the driver though. Anything over a 13.5 in my experience for the SC cars is pretty hard to handle. Although you may not be the fastest truck out there. (I am almost certain you won't!) you will be in control and running better lap times. Putting more power in does not mean faster lap times for the MAJORITY of racers. It takes a lot of experience to use the extra power only when the track and car will allow it to lower lap times. Most people are faster with stock motors as they are in control of their cars and make less mistakes.

As long as you go out and have some fun you can't go wrong with what you choose! It ultimately is up to what your tastes are and what you want to do with the hobby. If you want to get into the more serious side of racing then stadium trucks. If you like the real look and fender banging of SC trucks stick with those!
Old 11-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I suggest a XXXTCR-FTT4-RB5T or something along those lines, they are way fast and fun. Now you can also go 2wd or 4wd buggy also. Now 2wd buggy will hone your driving skills the most then the stadium truck as I suggested 1st. See what the biggest class is at your track and go for 1 of those. I always wanted to run 4wd buggy but at my local track sometimes nobody shows who has them so I didnt get 1 because of that. ESC motor combo just go maybe a decent brand 8.5 combo and your golden.