Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Least expensive route?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Least expensive route?

I currently have a Slash and love it for spec racing and will keep it for such. I am looking at getting a second vehicle for mod racing and wondering which will be the most economical to get to perform at mod level. Brushless and ESC will be the same for any of the vehicles I assume. What other mods need to be made and at what cost? Will it be the SC10, Blitz, Strike or Slash? I am thinking I can spend a ton on the Slash based on some guys at our track and still not have the handling some of the others trucks have. From what I have seen at our track the SC10 or Blitz looks like the best option for mod. What does everyone think? Have the Blitz and Strike been out long enough for a fair comparison? Thanks.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

I would have to say the blitz,
Old 11-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you have a standard mod truck class at your track a T4 would be great. Its cheaper than SC class trucks and can handle better than any of them. I dont know much about many of the SC class trucks so I am not much help if you plan to stay that route.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Get a blitz and a sidewinder brushless setup. Cheap route.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Assuming your mod class allows suspension mods like caster blocks and FT inline axels.......

SC10 with CC sidewinder 4600.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burnineyes
If you have a standard mod truck class at your track a T4 would be great. Its cheaper than SC class trucks and can handle better than any of them. I dont know much about many of the SC class trucks so I am not much help if you plan to stay that route.
I see alot of the fast SCT guys, do this. Spec SCT and then a mod or stk AE Losi, or Kyosho race truck or buggy.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have learned that economical and Mod usually don't go together.

Pick whatever class you like the best, and make sure they have a good turnout for it. If it's a SCT you want, then Blitz or AE kit perhaps. Slash and Strike have a higher center of gravity and won't handle as well out of the box.

And it all depends on what equipment you already have as well. Lipos, Lipo chargers, radio systems, Brushless ESC and a motor or 2....different tire sets for changing track conditions.etc.

JMO....

Or wait a month or so and see how the new Slash 4X4 takes off. They might make a new class for that and it's pretty much ready to go out of the box. Brushless ESC\Motor, 2.4Ghz radio, etc.....j
Old 11-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
I have learned that economical and Mod usually don't go together.

Pick whatever class you like the best, and make sure they have a good turnout for it. If it's a SCT you want, then Blitz or AE kit perhaps. Slash and Strike have a higher center of gravity and won't handle as well out of the box.

And it all depends on what equipment you already have as well. Lipos, Lipo chargers, radio systems, Brushless ESC and a motor or 2....different tire sets for changing track conditions.etc.

JMO....

Or wait a month or so and see how the new Slash 4X4 takes off. They might make a new class for that and it's pretty much ready to go out of the box. Brushless ESC\Motor, 2.4Ghz radio, etc.....j

+1 on the slash 4x4, its ready to go, and it comes with a 2.4 radio too.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slashtastic
+1 on the slash 4x4, its ready to go, and it comes with a 2.4 radio too.