R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-26-2004, 02:58 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Default Which Brushless.

Would anybody know which Brushless setup would be best suited to a B4 in 2wd Mod.
Does any of the controller's fit in the car ok.

Thanks.
Ybakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:57 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Does anyone run a brushless in a B4. I don't have time for motor maintance so I think this would be a better option.

Anyone.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:24 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to mishok

Ive never ran a brushless, but i saw someone at the track yesterday with a brushless system, and his Losi XX was flying. It was very fast and powerful. He would almost pop a wheelie when he throttled.
Mike
mishok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:12 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Do you know what type it was. I know of Hacker and the Novak one just wondered of there was any more. And does the hacker controller fir in a B4 buggy.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:24 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to mishok

It was the novak system
Mike
mishok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 05:43 PM   #6
Tech Adept

There's also a Lehner brushless system.
mattyk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 06:14 PM   #7
Tech Elite

The system you want is the Novak 5800. They make a good system but there are two variations. The 5800 and the 4300. The 4300 more closely replicates a stock 27turn motor in the stock setting (there are 6 settings on the ESC). The 5800 is quicker in Mod mode (double check this). So if you are racing, and the track will allow brushless to run in stock versus other brushed stock, that would be your deciding factor (some tracks let you run brushless in Novice and intermediate, check with their rules). Also, some tracks do a brushless/ stock race. Weigh your needs and what you plan on doing, then decide. The brushless is very low maintenance, and if you race mod, or want the best performance in a brushless motor, the 5800 is your choice. I ran the 4300 in my b4 and it was great, but I ran in to limitations as I improved. It is actually more torquee and quicker than a true stock motor, so as I moved up in classes, I wasn't able to race it in normal stock anymore. Plus, in mod mode, it just can't keep up with good brushed motors. I found it was about equal to a 14 turn. Now I have to run it in brushless class only, which isn't very common. It is more common in touring cars though.

The esc that comes with either motor works with both, so you can purchase the system with either then pick up the other motor later if you want more versatility.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:59 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Default BL MOTORS

If your looking for power and dont care what the price is , I would go with the lehner system, if you looking for a descent bl for lower cost, the novac system would be just fine. Personly I would go with the novac setup. But remember you can only run up to 7 cells on the novac.

Thanks, yon
pede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:28 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: BL MOTORS

Quote:
Originally posted by pede
If your looking for power and dont care what the price is , I would go with the lehner system, if you looking for a descent bl for lower cost, the novac system would be just fine. Personly I would go with the novac setup. But remember you can only run up to 7 cells on the novac.

Thanks, yon
i say for all round trouble free BL go the Novac ( not the fastest but depending on the track can still stay up the pointy end of the field)
war11x is offline   Reply With Quote