R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-04-2004, 09:12 PM   #271
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Did you guys see this on the RC America website?

November 1, 2004

Dear XRAY/HUDY Customers,

RC America is happy to announce that we are now shipping all dealer orders! We appreciate everyone’s understanding and show of support while waiting for our new distribution channel to come to life. In return, RC America will be rewarding our faithful customers for their show of patience and support. If you are one of the faithful, and will soon be taking delivery of your new XRAY car/buggy kit from your local dealers, please make sure you take time to register your kits serial number with us. Simply email us at [email protected] with you kit’s serial number found inside on your registration card, your choice of L, XL, or XXL T-shirt along with the name of the dealer where you purchased the kit. We do NOT need a copy of the receipt. Your name will also be entered in a drawing to be held at the end of November for one of the new HUDY setup systems! Just our way of saying thank you to our customers and dealers who have shown their patience and support. Sorry, team drivers and kits purchased over-seas are not eligible for the free T-shirt or setup system give away.

Look for other great announcements and offers from RC America, XRAY USA, HUDY USA, and remember to always support your local dealers!

Best Regards,

John Michael Sawyer

President RC America
Rich Panganiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 04:07 AM   #272
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to corradopsi

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Panganiban
You won't be disappointed, it's a great buggy.

Also, btw.

I'll be racing for XRAY/HUDY USA this next year concentrating on the XB8 in 1/8th scale. Let me know if you guys have any questions or concerns. Feel free to e-mail me @ [email protected] Thanks.
im glad to see that Xray is getting thier team together now. it would be nice if you guys would make your presence known on a few of the major RC forums like this one the grid obviously and rcnitrotalk. nothing feels better than having access to a sponsored team member if you have a setup question about your car. congratulations on your ride for next year and have fun!

ps. who is the xray team's motor sponsor? i know gene is working with andy brown but what about the rest of you guys? there are supposed to be 10 guys total right?
Old 11-05-2004, 04:12 AM   #273
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Panganiban
Did you guys see this on the RC America website?

November 1, 2004

Dear XRAY/HUDY Customers,

RC America is happy to announce that we are now shipping all dealer orders! We appreciate everyone’s understanding and show of support while waiting for our new distribution channel to come to life. In return, RC America will be rewarding our faithful customers for their show of patience and support. If you are one of the faithful, and will soon be taking delivery of your new XRAY car/buggy kit from your local dealers, please make sure you take time to register your kits serial number with us. Simply email us at [email protected] with you kit’s serial number found inside on your registration card, your choice of L, XL, or XXL T-shirt along with the name of the dealer where you purchased the kit. We do NOT need a copy of the receipt. Your name will also be entered in a drawing to be held at the end of November for one of the new HUDY setup systems! Just our way of saying thank you to our customers and dealers who have shown their patience and support. Sorry, team drivers and kits purchased over-seas are not eligible for the free T-shirt or setup system give away.

Look for other great announcements and offers from RC America, XRAY USA, HUDY USA, and remember to always support your local dealers!

Best Regards,

John Michael Sawyer

President RC America
this is nice and all, but now i feel excluded because i wanted my car in time to use it before the end of the season :-/
Old 11-05-2004, 06:27 AM   #274
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well since the deal is offered by the US distributor, and your car came through different channels I guess you're out of luck

According to the letter it's a thank you for continued suport and patience during their startup....again...no patience...no goodies...

If you like though I'm sure you could get another kit, and that would make you eligible

Seriously though, You've had the pleasure of running the buggy. Mine is scheduled to arrive today, although I too would have like tohave had it in August so I could have finished my season with it.

How have you liked your XB8 so far? How does it stack up with any previous buggies you've run?
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:13 AM   #275
Tech Fanatic

Thanks everyone. I know myself as well as David Joor will try and be avalable on here to offer some feedback.

As for the buggy, I've been doing a ton of testing with setups, engines, etc. and all I can say is WOW! I drove the "M" car last year, and this car will be just as good as that one, if not better. This car feels a little lighter, it flies better and goes over the top of the rough stuff. As with any new car, it will definitely take some time to find a comfortable base setup.

As far as engines go, XRAY does not have a deal with any specific engine manufacturer, like Serpent does with Picco and Mugen does with JP. I think that'll be good because you'll see a lot of XRAY drivers with a lot of different engines.

I'm not sure as to the actual size of the XRAY USA team, but I believe the travel team will be around 6 members.

Keep wrenchin' and we'll see you at the races!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 08:30 AM   #276
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by corradopsi
im glad to see that Xray is getting thier team together now. it would be nice if you guys would make your presence known on a few of the major RC forums like this one the grid obviously and rcnitrotalk. nothing feels better than having access to a sponsored team member if you have a setup question about your car. congratulations on your ride for next year and have fun!

ps. who is the xray team's motor sponsor? i know gene is working with andy brown but what about the rest of you guys? there are supposed to be 10 guys total right?
I will be on here to try and help when time allows.

As far as motor sponsors for the team, it is not setup at this time but if there was to be one it would be Max Power (Nova based line). I will be running Fusion Motorsports Hot Mod P5's and 421's.

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:17 AM   #277
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by corradopsi
this is nice and all, but now i feel excluded because i wanted my car in time to use it before the end of the season :-/
The reason they dont offer you and me shirts is because we gave our money to the other distributors. Now that there is an XRay USA, I'll be ordering all of the spare parts I was wanting to order.

How often do you guys replace the clutch shoes in this car, I havent run 1/8 scale in a few years and I hear the aluminum ones wear out fast. Anyone tried the Fioroni sliding clutch with this car?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:39 PM   #278
Tech Fanatic

Randy, As long as your clutch shoes are not slipping against the clutch bell, your aluminum shoes should last for gallons. A little maintenance goes a long way, deburr the edges of the shoes and clean with motorspray. On the other hand, I try and replace my clutch bell bearings often. New ones before any "big" race, and then save the used ones for club racing or practice.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:12 PM   #279
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I got a ton of spare bearings, so replacing those wont be a problem. It's just been too long since I raced nitro, but I'll figure everything out after the first raceday.

Are you team drivers using the dark grey brake pads, or the lighter grey/tanish ones? Any differences between them?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:14 PM   #280
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I won't be getting my stuff until after all the shops have their orders filled, so maybe someone else can help with the brakes.

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:18 PM   #281
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well, I didn't wait and I don't feel bad....heck,I've had my car for over two months.....two months of racing that I didn't miss

The stock aluminum clutch shoes have worked fine but like any other 1/8 buggy....you really need to keep up on the clutch. I don't know how many DNF's I've seen due to poor clutch maintenance and yes,I've been bitten myself for not watching my own clutch maintenance. Clutch bearings are dirt cheap through Avid....I replace every other race day for two stinkin dollars

My XB8 has held up fine but I'm not fond of the graphite radio plate and the top chassis plate. The radio plate flexes under braking amd the upper attaching screw for the front chassis brace is pulling through the graphite....looking for aluminum aftermarket replacements over the winter.

Everything else is holding up alright given its run time but nothing last forever. These cars just see lots of run time with 20 minute mains and whatnot. I would say that I have about 9 months of electric time all jammed into two months
Lowrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 04:04 PM   #282
Tech Fanatic

Randy,I've been using the dark gray pads as opposed to the lighter ones. The gray one are supposed to be the Ferodo material, I believe. The lighter one are supposed to be less aggressive.

Lowrance, that's great you've been racing your buggy for a couple of months. You're that much further ahead than most of the team guys!!!

I haven't really noticed excessive flex on the braces or radio tray, I did notice the screw on the front brace could wear the hole on the graphite upper plate. When you assemble the car, don't forget to prep the graphite like you would a pan car, lightly sand the edges then q-tip the edges with CA glue. Also, I used a concave aluminum washer to attach the front chassis brace to help spread the load a bit.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:02 PM   #283
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Rich, good tip on the concave washer deal....wish I would of thought of that while building the car.

Further ahead? doughtfull,its my first 1/8 scale buggy

On them shock boots. Mine are shreaded after two months and while not complaining....is their a workable sub for them such as them fabric covers that fit over the springs or are the rubber boots the way to go..?
Lowrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 05:35 PM   #284
Tech Fanatic

Those pesky little shock booties...when the stock ones wear out, replace them with latex balloons, just cut to fit. I don't really care for the neoprene covers because it is one extra thing to remove when you tune your shocks.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:46 PM   #285
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
The reason they dont offer you and me shirts is because we gave our money to the other distributors. Now that there is an XRay USA, I'll be ordering all of the spare parts I was wanting to order.
its understandable since its the distributor making the offer not Xray, still kindof a "damn" feeling though. oh well its been a fun 2 monthes racing a buggy instead of waiting for one. ill be buying all my parts locally now too, although i do have about $70 in spares already due to not wanting to break and be done for the day. lot of good it did me though. after i bought all the spares, i never broke anything. only the rear hub and camber link i got replacements for when i got the extra parts.

i havent had any problems with my front brace but i dont run on a big air track either. the flex in the chassis parts actually is probibly helpful in the rough stuff to get more power to the ground.

clutch bearings ill admit i wanted to see how long parts on this buggy would last. i have over 1.5 gallons on the original set, i just changed them due to my concience taking over though. they were just starting to get a hair gritty and i figured i had abused them long enough. the shoes have 1.5 gallons on them as well, and are wearing great. though its more like i dont notice any wear more than anything. overall im very happy with the way the car is performing and wearing. its way more car than i need, although i like that, i have no excuses for a bad performance that way. i can take all the blame