R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2004, 10:37 AM   #166
Tech Fanatic
 
KY9fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tai Po
Posts: 776
Default

Another..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xb8_2.jpg (76.4 KB, 310 views)
KY9fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:38 AM   #167
Tech Fanatic
 
KY9fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tai Po
Posts: 776
Default

Last one..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xb8_3.jpg (50.2 KB, 324 views)
KY9fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:40 PM   #168
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

looks sweet! can't wait to get mine. what is this "wave pattern one from Gandini" filter and where can I get it from?
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:59 PM   #169
Tech Apprentice
 
Bandicoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey KY9fat, what is that grey stuff around your stinger? Is that JB weld? What is it for?
Bandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 07:14 PM   #170
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

The epoxy or JB Wels helps prevent the stinger from getting blown off in a hard crash. I don't use that stuff thou, makes the pipe look yucky.
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 07:15 PM   #171
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KY9fat
Hi Guys,
I bet I'm the lucky guys here. Look what I've found in my XB8 kit
What are those that you found?
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 07:21 PM   #172
Tech Apprentice
 
Bandicoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

They look like diff shafts for the spur gears, the groove should be in the same location on each shaft so that when they cross there is even length on each side. One of the shafts is off and would not line up at assembly it looks like. The diffs look alot like the Mugen diffs. Has anyone ran the car long enough to know if the Xray diffs leak like the Mugens?
Bandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 07:24 PM   #173
Tech Master
 
LosiFromHell986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: El Cajon, San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,625
Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986
Default

WOW that's a nice buggy....

Man, If I owned one of those, I'd be showing off those cool Xray rims!
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:39 PM   #174
Tech Regular
 
supercross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London UK
Posts: 404
Default

i don't know why everyone bangs on about MBX5 diffs leaking?
i've run an MBX5 for the last 9 months & my diffs have Never leaked!
__________________
Adam Lewis - JQ Design - JQ Products - SMD - LMR - oOple - MutinyRC -
supercross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:36 AM   #175
Tech Regular
 
Niklas Edlund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 306
Default

Its the same manufacturer (I think) as the original XB8 filter but the outer diameter on the first grey filter is shaped in a wave pattern or "zig-zag"... Its still new (introduced at the worlds) so I dont know if even GRP (Gandini Racing Products in Italy) has even started to export them yet...

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
looks sweet! can't wait to get mine. what is this "wave pattern one from Gandini" filter and where can I get it from?
Niklas Edlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:05 AM   #176
Tech Fanatic
 
KY9fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tai Po
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
The epoxy or JB Wels helps prevent the stinger from getting blown off in a hard crash. I don't use that stuff thou, makes the pipe look yucky.
.....Better protection than Yucky.. same as using a condom
KY9fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #177
Tech Fanatic
 
KY9fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tai Po
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandicoot
They look like diff shafts for the spur gears, the groove should be in the same location on each shaft so that when they cross there is even length on each side. One of the shafts is off and would not line up at assembly it looks like. The diffs look alot like the Mugen diffs. Has anyone ran the car long enough to know if the Xray diffs leak like the Mugens?
Correct. The shafts should be same length but I got a bad one.
Actually all makes of diff are similar. I've own a kyosho MP7.5 before and it is the same design. As for leaking diff, It depends on how well you build it and make sure the contact space on the gasket is clean. What I used to do on my 1/10 MTX is use double gasket and a layer of silicon (Glass glue).
One thing about the Xray diff is it uses an 'o' ring on the back of the smaller gears (grooved). It use this config in the Front and center diff, and not the rear. This gives the diff a "stiffer" feel. I'm worry that when the o ring starts to aged, the diff will have different feel and need re-building a lot.
Well, we'll see...
Apart from the little pin, the kit was excellent, as always Xray.
KY9fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:55 AM   #178
Tech Regular
 
supercross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London UK
Posts: 404
Default

that extra O ring idea is just the same as thre Mugen diffs
you'll get a much more consistant diff action if you leave the O rings out & just use stiffer silicone

it was said somewhere that the O rings will add about 2-3,000 in stiffness to the oil you use!
well thats when they're new anyway, it'll get rapidly less as they wear! thats why stiffer silicone would be more suitable
__________________
Adam Lewis - JQ Design - JQ Products - SMD - LMR - oOple - MutinyRC -
supercross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:37 AM   #179
Tech Regular
 
Niklas Edlund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 306
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KY9fat
Correct. The shafts should be same length but I got a bad one.
Actually all makes of diff are similar. I've own a kyosho MP7.5 before and it is the same design. As for leaking diff, It depends on how well you build it and make sure the contact space on the gasket is clean. What I used to do on my 1/10 MTX is use double gasket and a layer of silicon (Glass glue).
One thing about the Xray diff is it uses an 'o' ring on the back of the smaller gears (grooved). It use this config in the Front and center diff, and not the rear. This gives the diff a "stiffer" feel. I'm worry that when the o ring starts to aged, the diff will have different feel and need re-building a lot.
Well, we'll see...
Apart from the little pin, the kit was excellent, as always Xray.
On the prototype XB8 we liked the small satelite gear o-rings but on the production cars for the worlds we did'nt like them any more... We all thought that they seem to be a little un-consistent in their action with them in at Furulund.

The diffs also are small so it seems that they are "harder" by design. Tip: dont fill them more then just about to the center of the shafts or just slightly more...
Niklas Edlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:15 PM   #180
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Niklas Edlund
On the prototype XB8 we liked the small satelite gear o-rings but on the production cars for the worlds we did'nt like them any more... We all thought that they seem to be a little un-consistent in their action with them in at Furulund.

The diffs also are small so it seems that they are "harder" by design. Tip: dont fill them more then just about to the center of the shafts or just slightly more...
Is there any initial setup suggested?
I mean other than stock one?
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XRAY XB8/XT8 THREAD 20 SMOKE Nitro Off-Road 404 04-23-2014 06:32 PM
Xray Thread (EP,GP On & Off Road) Andrew Barr Australian Racing 100 12-24-2007 06:32 AM
XRAY XB8EC THREAD pink_sleeve Electric Off-Road 82 08-01-2007 08:28 PM
Xray M18T/MT/NT Thread thachowman Micro and Mini Scales 2 10-31-2006 08:28 AM
Xray M18T Thread!!! LosiFromHell986 Electric Off-Road 10 10-15-2004 01:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net