Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Hyper 10 SC 4x4 Pro Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah that is the motor mount I have...I was hoping for a sliding mount. I'll keep looking.

What about something that fits the Jammin' ? something like the

Jammin Scrt & Nexx10 Hv Motor Mount??

Sorry...apparently I'm not allowed to post a link yet. Part #:OFN40957 at nitro house....?

Thanks!
Blue

Last edited by Blue in VT; 12-04-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I don't think they are compatible, the Jammin was made by HongNor, completely different brand.

Back when I owned the Hyper 10SC, I never had an issue with stripping spur gears, just make sure to use blue thread lock gel on all metal to metal fasteners and that did the trick for me, it was easier to adjust the mesh with the complete center diff/motor mount removed leaving the top plate installed and only remove the screws from the bottom of the chassis; adjust the mesh, then re-install entire center diff + motor mount assembly, almost as fast as working on any slide-lock system
Old 12-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Tech Initiate

roger that...thanks Bill.

Blue
Old 12-26-2018, 09:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Wow...I've been having a ton of fun with My Hyper 10sc. I realize that it is not typically considered a basher vehicle...but thats what I've been doing with it and loving every minute. I still working on the Stock RTR frame base model for the moment while I complete the assembly of a hopped up version for when the weather improves.

In the mean time I've been having lots of fun in the snow with this bad boy. I've made a few updates including:
  • Replaced stock receiver with a Spektrum 3100 and wrapped it up tight in ballon for waterproofing until I can find a receiver box that fits
  • I replaced the, painfully weak, 10t pinion with a 15t and really woke this thing UP! Still running the Stock Hobao 3900KV motor but the pinion upgrade made a HUGE difference.
  • I put on some 12-17mm Hex adapters
  • I put some, ugly but effective, 17mm buggy paddle tires that handle the snow nicely.
So far this set up has been a ton of fun in 2" of snow. The cold weather did contribute to one piece of brittle plastic breaking...I stuffed the poor thing under a fallen log at near full throttle and snapped the top off of one of my shock caps. Luckily I've assembled a significant supply of spares and switched it out right away.

Fun Footage:

I'm really loving this truck!!!

Cheers,

Blue
billdelong and Bri like this.

Last edited by Blue in VT; 12-26-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Here is a pic of the truck with the new treads...ill
probably need to trim the body a bit if I’m going to use these long term.
billdelong likes this.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Update video on my Hyper 10sc project.

cheers,

Blue
Old 03-05-2019, 04:37 PM
Bri
Tech Regular

I have one and it truly is a great truck. I have only had replace the steering knuckles a few times and everything else has proven to be plenty durable. Only mods so far are some STRC upgrades, T-Bone front bumper and added some spacers to the shocks to limit the travel somewhat.

Brian
Blue in VT likes this.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Here is another quick video of a snow bash with the Hyper 10sc...so much fun.

Cheers,

Blue

Old 04-19-2019, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Well...with the final arrival of spring here in VT I have shifted gears from running the snow paddles on the Hyper 10sc and have decided to take it in a completely different direction!

MONSTER Hyper 10sc!!

In an effort to make this truck a basher (there are no tracks in my area) I've made a couple of minor modifications and added some new bits. I am still running the Hobbywing Max 10 sct and that Chinese 3100kv motor...but I've taken it up to 3S. And one of the reasons I've done that is because I also added the 2.8"mx proline trenchers on 17mm hexes!! WOW 3s is a whole new world of power and fun!

Though this truck is not typically thought of as a basher...I have to say that I'm very impressed with its durability! I've beaten this thing hard over the last couple of weeks and not had any significant failures other than one body post snapping and my basher body taking a hard beating.

I'm very happy with this transition and look forward to having hours more fun with this Monster Hyper...and if I start breaking things I've got STRC and Integy alloy parts to drop in as needed!

Here is what she is looking like now with the BIG tires

And here is a video I made...it has a little bit of running footage but also has more details on the extra bits.

Cheers for Now!

Blue
idlecurrent and pastimesteve like this.