R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-11-2004, 03:42 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Default B4 handling Problem.

I have a b4 buggy that I run in stock. I can't stop the rear end from hanging out. I have ajusted the slipper. Used Bowtie's, hole shots and some losi pins. It's allways there. I run the stock set up. And have played a bit but I can't seem to lose it. Batt in rear.
Anyone know what I can do.

Thanks. Ybakoff
Ybakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:29 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Default Re: B4 handling Problem.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ybakoff
I have a b4 buggy that I run in stock. I can't stop the rear end from hanging out. I have ajusted the slipper. Used Bowtie's, hole shots and some losi pins. It's allways there. I run the stock set up. And have played a bit but I can't seem to lose it. Batt in rear.
Anyone know what I can do.

Thanks. Ybakoff
try making these changes, assuming you done you regular maintience, making sure no binding in suspension arm, diff, trans is working property, shock is smooth... etc.....

1 softer rear spring
2 harder front spring
3 longer rear camber link
4 shorter front camber link
5 lighter rear oil
6 thicker front oil
7. laydown the rear shock
8. streight up the front shock
9. if all else fails, you must have a heavy trigger, go easy.
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 01:54 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Try Steve Nelson's setup found on the forum here:

B4 Setup

This is pretty close to what the AE factory guys use as a starting point. I've used this one, lots of forward traction with the right tire for the track...
aaronb73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:33 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

(Im not sure how experienced you are) but also be sure your diff is operating very very smooth.....a diff that is set to tight or one that is slipping can cause the problem your describing....(A quick test)while holding the rear of the car up,(hold the spur gear stationary, and rotate the right outside wheel, the diff action should have a very lite and super smooth feel to it.... now hold the right wheel and the spur gear stationary, and proceed to turn the left wheel.....it should be (very) difficult to turn....anything less than this perfect situation....re-adjust or rebuild as per instructions.......then test this way again..... if this wasn't it, im pretty sure it will be something simple that you shouldn't have to go doing major setup changes to correct......hope this helps some

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:34 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just noticed the date on the post

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:01 AM   #6
Tech Master

HeY hEy!!!

What kind of a Track is it??? is it really stick, bumpy, smooth, dry, clay,etc.??? you could also adjust what holes the shock go in on shock tower or the arm, and mark sure the arms are free and no binding. are you just throwing the car into the turn and hold it full throttle? try different oils in rear from the kit, go to a 25-27.5 in rear.
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:52 AM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have watched you race......there is a very simple solution....take your finger off the throttle
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:54 AM   #8
Tech Champion

Also, you are using the wrong tyre for a relative beginner....you should be using 81's on your home track
Old 03-12-2004, 09:29 AM   #9
Tech Master

HeY hEy!!!

i know this might be wierd asking but what are 81's??? i never heard of them where i race in WI.
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:49 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Proline make them. But I think that we got them here in Aus but you guys didn't get them.

We can only buy them from our LHS
Ybakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #11
Tech Addict

or u can just get a bk2
craziracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:22 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Josh R85 - 81's are Proline 8081. This tyre was made over 10 years ago but for some reason it works fantastic on a large nmber of tracks in Australia.. so Proline make a special batch for us for the local distributor here in Australia . They are a large flat topped pin a bit like Losi Studs but more cylindrical (not tapering as much) They are hard wearing and offer great grip. Not all our tracks are blue groove....we are afterall racing offroad where it is slippery
Old 03-13-2004, 01:57 AM   #13
Tech Rookie

Gee Cannon. That's a bit harsh.

Seems you may have a similar problem to ybackoff. He has trouble controlling his finger and you have the same problem with your mouth.

I think that the whole idea of this forum is to help people, Not bag them out. Maybe you should put in a helpful comment like all the other posts.

Gee you must be good. To be able to bag people out. Funny thou. Havent seen your name anywhere. Oh I forgot. I don't follow the old boys class.
rcnobjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 02:06 AM   #14
Tech Champion

rcnobjockey......what a fool. If you look at my comment it is confirming what jasonchi suggested.....I have seen Ybackoff drive and he is a little too heavy on the throttle....(very similar to his user name). All he has to do is back off a little or adjust his throttle curve on his radio........I don't hide behind my user name as you can see from various pots. Every user in the Australian off road threads knows who I am.....not like the rcnob.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:17 AM   #15
Tech Rookie

But Jason chi doesn't actualy bag him out, he simply states might have a heavy finger.

Doesn't bag him out.

If you know who he is then why not help him out. You say he is a beginner. Do you think that if you put shit on people they will stay in the sport.

I know you are jealous that I though of the name first.

Maybe you should just use the nob part.
rcnobjockey is offline   Reply With Quote