Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TURNIGY 5000 20C hardcase lipo

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jimbobjoejackjr
I'm about pick up a pair of those for my Strike. Good to read here that over 10 pages of posts, nobody has a real issue with them. They're a steal fo sho! Only problem is that at 333g each, you can only get 2 before exceeding the $26 shipping rate.
True they will make great slash packs. but at over 660g for my buggy and 52mm tall when stacked i dont think it will work for me
Old 01-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

How does this one look? Seems like a good deal as well and ought to do well in my Blitz if it ever get's here..

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...25C_Car_Lipoly
Old 01-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The 4000 may be fine for Blitz - there are others you could also try as well as the "side-exit" ones too. I've fitted a 5000 Zippy 20C into a Blitz with some Dremel work that has the side-exit wires.

This is the side-exit one. They have a 30C 4000 and 5000 version too.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store..._hardcase_pack
Old 01-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
How does this one look? Seems like a good deal as well and ought to do well in my Blitz if it ever get's here..

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...25C_Car_Lipoly
I have two of those that I run in my stock slash, and they're perfect. I've also got some 5000mah turnigys and performance wise, I can't tell the difference between them.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jmcvicker
The 4000 may be fine for Blitz - there are others you could also try as well as the "side-exit" ones too. I've fitted a 5000 Zippy 20C into a Blitz with some Dremel work that has the side-exit wires.

This is the side-exit one. They have a 30C 4000 and 5000 version too.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store..._hardcase_pack
Those are forward exit now. I had the side exit batteries and just ordered more. They had the wires forward exit like a nihm stick pack. On my sc10 I just cut the foam battery spacer at the front of the track to allow the wires clearance. On my B4 I needed to notch the front of the battery box.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

has anyone ran this battery yet? im going to be running it in a slash and was wondering if anyone has tried it yet?

5800mah 2s 25c
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s..._25C_Lipo_Pack
Old 01-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasonwipf
that pack acts like its over 20c rating. I can attest. BUT its big brother just came out and its CHeap$$$. Check it:http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10277

i got 4 of those for my savage flux and they couldn't be better. the resistance is very low in these packs. i was using a pair of SMC 9000mah "28c+" packs and they got a little hot and even got "spongy". they would puff about 2mm after a full run. they also had just enough power to barely do a standing backflip the way i have my truck set up. these new turnigy packs have noticeably more punch. with the turnigy packs, my truck will do a backflip and land on it's rear wheels or even on it's back if traction is good enough. the voltage drop is also very low. after the end of a really hard full run in tall grass, they only went up about 5F above ambient. they didn't break a sweat. i have 4 cycles on each battery and the voltage doesn't rise as much above resting voltage as my SMC packs, so they take less time to charge. my charger goes up to 10 amps and i put a fully drained SMC pack on the charger at 9a and timed it. then, i put a fully drained turnigy pack on the same charger at 5.2a. the turnigy pack took 6 minutes less to charge. this is because since the voltage didn't go as high above resting as the SMC, it took longer to hit the phase when the amps lower. also, once the charging amps started dropping on the turnigy pack, they dropped faster and the charge finished much sooner than i expected. i know it took a full charge because i had the voltage cutoff at 3.4v/cell and it still took 5400mah.

long story short, these "156a" $22 packs have less voltage drop, heat, and resistance than my "252a" $125 packs. it's a good thing i didn't buy the SMC packs. they came with my used flux. the truck would have been a good deal even without the batteries, so it's all good.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default connector

Hey Guys
New to all this so this question may seen stupid but here goes it.
I just received 4 of the Turnigy 5200mAh 2S 30C Hard-Case Car Lipo Pack batteries. My problem is they came with a bullet style connector. The bullets should come off easy enough but the wires are 8awg. They are huge. I wanted to put deans connectors on but I read somewhere they were only good for up to a 12awg wire. These wires on this battery are so big that the diameter with the jacket on them is as big as the deans connector is wide. I'm not sure if there is enough prong on the deans to handle a wire this big.
Any suggestions would be great!!!
Thanks
Old 01-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gottahaveit
Hey Guys
I just received 4 of the Turnigy 5200mAh 2S 30C Hard-Case Car Lipo Pack batteries. My problem is they came with a bullet style connector. The bullets should come off easy enough but the wires are 8awg. They are huge. I wanted to put deans connectors on but I read somewhere they were only good for up to a 12awg wire. These wires on this battery are so big that the diameter with the jacket on them is as big as the deans connector is wide. I'm not sure if there is enough prong on the deans to handle a wire this big.
Thanks
As far as I know, the diff between 8 & 12awg is the strands. For me, I cut down the number of strands just enough to fit onto the deans.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gottahaveit
Hey Guys
Thanks
i also got 4 of the 5200's a couple of weeks ago and i installed deans plugs. i used a 100w iron and tinned the wires first. then i soldered them on the deans plugs. you will need bigger diameter heatshrink because the ones that came with the plugs will not fit. i just stripped about 5-10mm off the wire's covering. make sure you get solder all around the exposed wires.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I installed deans on my 30c hard packs no problem. Strip just enough insulation needed to fit the deans plug and make sure to fill the wire up with solder and you should be good. I used a 70 watt iron with no problems. If your going from a 20c pack to these, make sure to go down a tooth on your pinion. The power difference is that noticeable . Or at least check your motor temp after 5 minutes, I burnt up my 10.5t after switching to these lol.