Like Tree44Likes

Kyosho MP9E Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-25-2016, 05:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho MP9E Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho MP9e Wiki.

Mp9e TKI4 Manual

Print Wikipost

Old 03-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
The RCPD kit is great. The tray fits just like the original mud guards and keeps the factory look of the car. It also maintains the stock body fitment. The balance of the car with the RCPD kit installed as you see above running Tekin electronics and a Thunder Power 40c 5000 pack is spot on with that of my Caster EX1R Pro. The Caster buggy runs saddle packs and is by far the nicest layout to date.

I am not affiliated with RCPD, but their kit is the best on the market.

If I were to build the best EMP9 I would run the RCPD top plate and battery tray with an Elite motor mount.
I was thinking of trying 2 x 2s onto the RCPD Tray. Anyone knows the inner dimensions of the tray?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The trays are 170mm X 53mm .
Old 03-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
The trays are 170mm X 53mm .
Thanks Bud.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if the standard mp9 body will work with the e conversion? (other than for cooling and airflow) Just curious if the battery height is an issue.

My SE kit arrived and my Tekin RX8, just waiting on the conversion kit which I should have Tuesday. Hope to have it together for a trophy race this weekend.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by WINTER350 View Post
Does anyone know if the standard mp9 body will work with the e conversion? (other than for cooling and airflow) Just curious if the battery height is an issue.

My SE kit arrived and my Tekin RX8, just waiting on the conversion kit which I should have Tuesday. Hope to have it together for a trophy race this weekend.
Leave a bit extra on the sides when cutting as it can get tight on the battery side but it does fit.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
Leave a bit extra on the sides when cutting as it can get tight on the battery side but it does fit.
Cool, thanks that is what I was looking for.

You going to run a 4s or 2 2s? Does a 4s hard case fit is what I am wondering. I have to see what SPC has for batteries.

Also you coming down for the trophy race?

If I can get this together Cimato is going to run my car. I am going to be already running my RT5, ZX5FS and SC truck, so Scott will run this to get it dialed in.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

The standard body will fit only if you heat it up and create a little extra clearance on the left side by pushing up the side pod a little higher. The body intended for the MP9e is a much better fit. You can help the clearance by using batteries that have the bullet plugs. If you have batteries with wires, you almost have to run them along the top of the battery (see the picture I posted of mine a few pages back), which creates the need for even more clearance. You can't run the wires on the inside of the battery packs because they'll get into the spur gear, and if you run them around the outside, it's going to take lots of extra wire. The staggered battery tray is set-up that way so you have direct access to the bullet plugs, which makes the wiring a lot easier and creates a little extra clearance above the batteries.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
The standard body will fit only if you heat it up and create a little extra clearance on the left side by pushing up the side pod a little higher. The body intended for the MP9e is a much better fit. You can help the clearance by using batteries that have the bullet plugs. If you have batteries with wires, you almost have to run them along the top of the battery (see the picture I posted of mine a few pages back), which creates the need for even more clearance. You can't run the wires on the inside of the battery packs because they'll get into the spur gear, and if you run them around the outside, it's going to take lots of extra wire. The staggered battery tray is set-up that way so you have direct access to the bullet plugs, which makes the wiring a lot easier and creates a little extra clearance above the batteries.
Thanks for the input
Old 03-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I see what you mean, I was thinking a four cell would be best but my SPC hardcase 2s Lipos fit well and would be easily connected in series with the bullet connectors. Thinking a couple more 2S 40C packs will be the ticket. BTW my car is half way together, should be ready for this weekend's trophy race.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Has anyone drove the new MP9e? I would love to hear some reviews. I have a Losi 2.0 e and love it but I always liked Kyosho's. Its hard to justify the price differance between the MP9 and every other buggy that is on the market.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Rookie

The car drives great its smooth, fast, and jumps great. Awesome quality, rarly breaks
Old 03-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Is it worth the extra money? How does it compare to the Losi or Associated?
Old 03-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Definatly worth the extra money, yes it is pricey but you get what you pay for. Of all the cars i have driven the mp9 drove the best but thats just my personal oppinion.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Had my MP9SE w/ Kyosho e conversion out at AMS Raceway for it's maiden run. Everything was champ and I got 24 minutes of run time. If you get the gear mesh right it isn't that loud with the steel spur.

Running:
Tekin RX8
Tekin 2050Kv
Gearing: 15/46
Peak Racing 5400 45C 2 cell x 2
Old 03-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
Had my MP9SE w/ Kyosho e conversion out at AMS Raceway for it's maiden run. Everything was champ and I got 24 minutes of run time. If you get the gear mesh right it isn't that loud with the steel spur.

Running:
Tekin RX8
Tekin 2050Kv
Gearing: 15/46
Peak Racing 5400 45C 2 cell x 2
Mine got it's breakin this week at the Glenwood Trophy race. We ran 14 / 46 for gearing and 5 - 7 - 3 for the diffs, front - center - rear. Batteries were 5000 20 C 2 cell x 2 SPC's with the same speedo and motor combo as yours. My car was quite compared to the VE8's and others. Car had more than enough power for sure. 7 minutes on the track came off at 132F on the motor, batteries were only down to 3.9 volts per cell (using about 1,200 mah)after that run. Initial turn in was good but we had to free the car up to continue to turn through the whole turn, the back end was hooked up almost too good.

Cimato drove it and finished 1st in the B main. Very close to making the a main with it, (double a's, no bumps).

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service