Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho MP9E Thread >

Kyosho MP9E Thread

Like Tree106Likes

Kyosho MP9E Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-25-2016, 05:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho MP9E Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho MP9e Wiki.

Mp9e TKI4 Manual

Print Wikipost

Old 02-08-2021, 01:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Post Kyosho Brainz 8 - works with Programming Card Hobbywing?

Originally Posted by Sweddriver View Post
Thanks for a Great Tip man

The Hobbywing LED Program Card HW30501003 works perfect with the Kyosho Speed House Brainz 8 ESC all you have to do is plug it in the fan port on the ESC and then start programming.
A must buy for everyone with an MP9e EVO RS

Hello, how did you have to connect the cable to the ESC? I try but not working.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread.

Just bought a mp9e evo 2 readyset. My first 1/8th buggy. Previously raced 1/10th onroad with an xray, Years (years!) ago, when I started RC I used to run 2wd offroad. So never had a 4wd off road, and never 1/8th scale, and have a couple of questions.

1) First thing I noticed was the drivetrain noise. This sounds real loud. After first pull of trigger double checked pinion/spur mesh which seemed fine. Though maybe that's just how they sound. Decided to stop after a couple of min, moved the motor away from spur and pushed buggy by hand. Could feel some notchyness. Pulled center diff out, and found the rear diff was notchy like the backlash was too tight. Now comparing readyset diff part numbers/exploded views to team kits, it looks like the pro or team kit you actually shim the diff to get correct backlash, whereas the readyset has no scope for backlash adjustment. Anyway, gave everything a good clean, no obvious damage to gears, tightened the screws that hold the diff together (1/8th of a turn), lightly lubed the ring gear, and put it back together, without overtightening diff hat screws, and its much better.

Anyone else had issues with notchy diffs in readyset's? Without going to a track (yet) to compare to other 1/8th e buggies, assume they are a fair bit louder than 1/10th off road cars, etc?

2) I then gave it another run, (on road out front, and short grass) and after a few mins, it feels like its unloading through the front wheels. Feel's very "front wheel drive". Is this just how they are? All diffs have stock fluids.
Feels like it needs thicker oil in the center diff, but I should probably try it on the track I'll be racing at before I make any changes

I've got to get some different shock and diff oils before I head to the track. Read somewhere else its probably worth changing the fluids out before racing, at least I'll know what's in there that way.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2021, 11:30 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by CEF33Y View Post
2) I then gave it another run, (on road out front, and short grass) and after a few mins, it feels like its unloading through the front wheels. Feel's very "front wheel drive". Is this just how they are? All diffs have stock fluids.
Feels like it needs thicker oil in the center diff, but I should probably try it on the track I'll be racing at before I make any changes
The most important upgrade you need is to complete the diffs, the RTR ones only have two bevel gears installed. That would be 2x IF402 and 2x IF411.
As a general starting point I'd go with f/c/r = 7/7/5 or something like that, better yet ask the guys at your track what kinda diff oils they're running. If you don't want to complete the diffs (which, especially in the center would be a bad idea) you can basically double the fluid weight.
Old 05-17-2021, 03:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kawasaki161 View Post
The most important upgrade you need is to complete the diffs, the RTR ones only have two bevel gears installed. That would be 2x IF402 and 2x IF411.

As a general starting point I'd go with f/c/r = 7/7/5 or something like that, better yet ask the guys at your track what kinda diff oils they're running. If you don't want to complete the diffs (which, especially in the center would be a bad idea) you can basically double the fluid weight.

Thanks, I'll order those diff parts. I looked at that exploded view many times and didn't even notice!
Old 06-04-2021, 10:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Anybody using a Leadfinger A2 body?
Old 06-06-2021, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Evo V2 readyset chassis material??

Hello. New to the thread. What grade aluminum is the Evo V2 readyset chassis made from? Is it 6061 or 7075? I've looked everywhere on the internet and I can not find an answer. My next step is to email Kyosho America and see if they will tell me. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default MP9E Evo V2 readyset

What type of Phillips head screws are used? Is it a normal P2 or a JIS tip screwdriver? I want to buy the correct screwdriver for when I finally get the buggy. Thanks
Old 06-07-2021, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by biggreen View Post
Anybody using a Leadfinger A2 body?
Emailed Leadfinger over the weekend, and asked what body had more room for batteries and electrics.
Good morning Chris,

Yes, there is more room with the Assassin body. The A2 body works best with an LP battery.
jamsandolina likes this.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jamsandolina View Post
Hello. New to the thread. What grade aluminum is the Evo V2 readyset chassis made from? Is it 6061 or 7075? I've looked everywhere on the internet and I can not find an answer. My next step is to email Kyosho America and see if they will tell me. Thanks for the help.
Welcome. Not sure about the readyset. The kit chassis is 7075. I dare say you have the "weaker chassis" but good luck trying to bend it driving normally.

What type of Phillips head screws are used? Is it a normal P2 or a JIS tip screwdriver? I want to buy the correct screwdriver for when I finally get the buggy. Thanks
the manual specifies Phillips not Japanese industry Standard,

Old 06-08-2021, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

It's more likely they are a P2. There might be some tinny screws that will require a P1, but I'm not sure.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Speed house brainz 8

It appears that the ESC that comes with the V2 readyset is a rebranded Hobbywing ezrun max10 sct esc. Is that esc big enough to run that buggy without overheating and dying?? I wonder why there is such a large price difference too. Brainz 8 esc is $180 from amain and the HW is like $100.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Tech Initiate

It's just a way Kyosho can make a few more bucks on RTR people who might not be able to research. Or people the folks with big wallets who just want a replacement that will plug and play with less hassle.
As far will it die.. no idea.
But I looked up Losi RTR kit and they put a similar spec ESC in their 8th scale. Losi: Fuze 130A Sensorless Bl WP ESC: 4WD SCT 1/8: Dynamite (DYN4955)
Old 06-10-2021, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

As soon as you start contemplating swapping out things from an RTR then consider a kit, especially if you're keen on racing. It will be far cheaper in the long run. As far as the RTR speedos are for racing, there's nothing wrong with them, a guy at my track runs the Fuze 130A and it's quicker than his skills are to drive it. These speedos just don't have the same programmability or have a sensor and all the other bells and whistles - (or 6s in some cases if you want to bash/drive a missile). The RC World is small so don't be surprised to see most (non-core) items from a brand coming out of a few factories with different labels. Lipos and bearings are a great example of that.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matty A View Post
As soon as you start contemplating swapping out things from an RTR then consider a kit, especially if you're keen on racing. It will be far cheaper in the long run. As far as the RTR speedos are for racing, there's nothing wrong with them, a guy at my track runs the Fuze 130A and it's quicker than his skills are to drive it. These speedos just don't have the same programmability or have a sensor and all the other bells and whistles - (or 6s in some cases if you want to bash/drive a missile). The RC World is small so don't be surprised to see most (non-core) items from a brand coming out of a few factories with different labels. Lipos and bearings are a great example of that.
I think that is very true to a point. I plan on doing very casual club racing like 1-2 times a month. That itself is what made me chose the Evo V2 readyset. I use to race alot when I was younger so I bought top of the line equipment. Now that I'm much older my priorities have changed but still want to enjoy the fun I get from club racing every once in awhile. This is my first kyosho ever. I use to be an Associated fanboy for like since the TC4 heyday.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Speed house brainz 8

Can anyone that has the new inferno MP9E Evo V2 readyset chime in on what gauge wire the ESC has for both the battery wires and motor wires?? My educated guess from blurry pics is that it is 12 gauge. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.