Like Tree42Likes

Kyosho MP9E Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-25-2016, 05:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho MP9E Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho MP9e Wiki.

Mp9e TKI4 Manual

Print Wikipost

Old 05-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

I use a 4s hard case such as the Fantom low profile - about 138mm in length. With the kit supplied foam it fits like a glove as do my other hardcase lipos. I believe some tracks/rules frown upon use of soft case lipo if that’s what you refer to as standard.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:22 PM
KoP
Tech Apprentice

Hey Matty. What is the kit supplied Foam you speak of? I cannot think of any foam in my box.

I took my incompleted car car to the LHS today and found that the ProTek 5600 hard case batteries fit nicely, front to rear, with a couple mm to spare. I had them order up two Protek 6500mah HV lipos for me as they are only 1mm longer than the 5600.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Apologies you are correct I must have used some of the adhesive foam left over from my previous K buggy. If you can get some I would recommend it - 5mm thick..
Old 05-10-2019, 03:38 PM
KoP
Tech Apprentice

Hey my Evo came to life for the first time today!!

have the ESC mostly programmed now. Just need to figure the low voltage cutoff for my batteries.

Now i I need to build up the shocks, and add the wing !!
Old 05-12-2019, 08:53 PM
KoP
Tech Apprentice

Default Finished and time to add dirt

RTR body for now
Old 05-14-2019, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

More than seven years of hard racing and it's still an amazing drive. Started as a standard mp9... then an Mp9e, then Tki1 and now it's probably a Tki2.5.

Did a full tear down and rebuild yesterday and after switching out some worn out parts and bearings, and rebuilding all the diffs, it's driving as well as I could ever remember. I wont say it drives like new but it doesn't feel like its lacking anything.

It was never the fastest due to driver limitations but it sure seemed like the easiest car to drive on the track... I look forward to owning an Evo or an Mp10e one day but this still puts a smile on my face every time.

Matty A likes this.

Last edited by tak4; 05-14-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Front shock tower

Originally Posted by tak4 View Post
More than seven years of hard racing and it's still an amazing drive. Started as a standard mp9... then an Mp9e, then Tki1 and now it's probably a Tki2.5.

Did a full tear down and rebuild yesterday and after switching out some worn out parts and bearings, and rebuilding all the diffs, it's driving as well as I could ever remember. I wont say it drives like new but it doesn't feel like its lacking anything.

It was never the fastest due to driver limitations but it sure seemed like the easiest car to drive on the track... I look forward to owning an Evo or an Mp10e one day but this still puts a smile on my face every time.

Hey guys I was just wondering for a outdoor bike track which shock tower is better the MS OR S and is there really a difference I've been running it with the MS since I got it but a few months ago I realized when I bought the car there was like 6 sets of shock towers and thought it was weird lol so when I seen the different sizes I got confused ( not the brightest bulb lol) I tried to look up on all my pro set up sheets and only found 2 that had it in thier and it was Tebo and he used the small one can some one give me advice please I'm new to rc and have owned tlr and kyosho and guess what I stuck with lol I also have the zx6.6 to but to brittle thanks guys
Old 05-14-2019, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hi there

Originally Posted by D1360 View Post
Those of you who has hollowed the battery tray, do you mount your esc directly on the chassis?
I did and it works perfect Nd handle way better
Old 05-14-2019, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hi there

Originally Posted by D1360 View Post
Those of you who has hollowed the battery tray, do you mount your esc directly on the chassis?
Originally Posted by 91junior View Post

No, a few boys have killed escís by doing this due to vibrations (probably from over jumping the landings). Not sure why or how when this doesnít seem to happen in 1/10 scale. I always use thick double sided tape and apply two layers for a bit of safety precautions. I havenít killed an ESC yet.
Originally Posted by Bigv View Post
I did and it works perfect Nd handle way better
I use show goo and it takes vibration away
Old 05-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bigv View Post
Hey guys I was just wondering for a outdoor bike track which shock tower is better the MS OR S and is there really a difference I've been running it with the MS since I got it but a few months ago I realized when I bought the car there was like 6 sets of shock towers and thought it was weird lol so when I seen the different sizes I got confused ( not the brightest bulb lol) I tried to look up on all my pro set up sheets and only found 2 that had it in thier and it was Tebo and he used the small one can some one give me advice please I'm new to rc and have owned tlr and kyosho and guess what I stuck with lol I also have the zx6.6 to but to brittle thanks guys
The MS tower needs to be used in conjunction with the medium shocks 50mm. If you didn't get those then your standard shocks will affect droop as they won't extend as far. The HS mount was supposedly for "high speed" but good luck picking up the difference to the standard. If you're bashing on a bike track - assuming big air - I'd use the MS mount if you have the 50mm shocks otherwise use the standard mount etc and use thick oils so to avoid slapping the ground. preservation before performance....
Old 05-21-2019, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

hi, anyone using short packs with the Evo ? how about mounting ?