Like Tree37Likes

Kyosho MP9E Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-25-2016, 05:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho MP9E Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho MP9e Wiki.

Mp9e TKI4 Manual

Print Wikipost

Old 12-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matty A View Post

Iíve only heard of rear toe measured in degrees. But if you want to convert use a camber gauge (horizontal) with the rear wheels against a straight edge such as a wall.
Sorry meant the 3 degree inserts
Old 12-21-2018, 11:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

New fan mount works very well. It ain’t going anywhere and that zombie blows!

jkurz211 likes this.
Old 12-22-2018, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matty A View Post

New fan mount works very well. It ainít going anywhere and that zombie blows!

Does that fan bolt right on?
Old 12-22-2018, 03:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yep, Refer back of manual for screw size that comes with kit. Mount will accept 40mm fans. It can get hot where I am so this fan is good peace of mind.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:38 PM
PSD
Tech Initiate

My rear wheels are getting loose. I checked and found the bushings are bad on the lower pin that holds the hub. The manual shows the bushings as IF423, but that is for the complete arm set. Can we get the bushings separate?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...yoif423/p29665
Old 12-22-2018, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PSD View Post
My rear wheels are getting loose. I checked and found the bushings are bad on the lower pin that holds the hub. The manual shows the bushings as IF423, but that is for the complete arm set. Can we get the bushings separate?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...yoif423/p29665
Not that Iím aware and I assume youíre not running TKI4 or EVO. But if you did build from a kit you should have 4 spare. I would also check the hub bushes - they can be purchased separately and in the case of the EVO they ainít cheap... A plastic washer can also tighten things up.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:54 PM
PSD
Tech Initiate

mine is TKI3 I believe. i have no spares, bought the roller used here on RCTech.
the hub bushes are what seemed to have the play. I tightened the hinge pin nuts, seemed to help.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think you're going to have to purchase the arms too.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:47 PM
PSD
Tech Initiate

i think I bought the wrong car. I just bash with it, really a shame. Now when I break something I downgrade with the readyset parts or whatever is cheapest from Dollarhobby. .
But I love the car, it drives so nice. Today I replaced the steel spur gear with plastic. Had to change the diff case too but wasn't too difficult. Car sounds so much better now. The Kyosho steel spur must be made of some seriously hard metal, it would eat pinions.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PSD View Post
i think I bought the wrong car. I just bash with it, really a shame. Now when I break something I downgrade with the readyset parts or whatever is cheapest from Dollarhobby. .

But I love the car, it drives so nice. Today I replaced the steel spur gear with plastic. Had to change the diff case too but wasn't too difficult. Car sounds so much better now. The Kyosho steel spur must be made of some seriously hard metal, it would eat pinions.

If just for bashing and you're going through sand, mud or terrain that might drag the underside I would suggest trying to cover the slot which exposes the spur with strong duct tape. Small pebbles / asphalt and the like will destroy a plastic spur in seconds - steel is better. If the steel spur is missing teeth or has a rock embedded in the teeth then it will eat pinions and vice versa. Also don't mesh the pinion/spur too tight, leave a little wiggle again to allow for the odd rock.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Matty A is correct. Pinion/spur had to be too tight. There should be a little play between them. Note: not a lot of play. Just a little where the spur should have just slight play. My buggy doesn’t make much noise when it runs.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Mp9e chassis protector

Can anyone tell me where to find a chassis protector?
Old 01-01-2019, 04:44 PM
PSD
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ehann777 View Post
Matty A is correct. Pinion/spur had to be too tight. There should be a little play between them. Note: not a lot of play. Just a little where the spur should have just slight play. My buggy doesnít make much noise when it runs.
I have lots of experience setting up gear mesh. I fly large helicopters and trust me, they don't tolerate improper setup.
I think what happened is the Hobbyking pinions are on the soft side and I'm driving on high grip surfaces with lots of start/stops. fact that there is no wear on the steel spur is telling too.
Incidentally the plastic Kyosho spur is holding up fine so far, only about 10 packs thru it but no signs of wear.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Should I buy it?

hey guys/gals, Iím trying to get back to r/c, been away for 7 yrs... so I really like how the Inferno looks, but seems is more expensive than Mugen, TLR, HB and Tekno kits....now I donít mind the price if the quality is there, so Iím a novice and would like to race outdoors, so is it worth it? How does it compare with the others? I know is usually not the car but the driver when racing but durability wise, spare parts and others which one is best? Again I like how it looks but I donít know anything about 1/8 e. Thanks

thanks
Old 01-12-2019, 02:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by snakemau View Post
hey guys/gals, Iím trying to get back to r/c, been away for 7 yrs... so I really like how the Inferno looks, but seems is more expensive than Mugen, TLR, HB and Tekno kits....now I donít mind the price if the quality is there, so Iím a novice and would like to race outdoors, so is it worth it? How does it compare with the others? I know is usually not the car but the driver when racing but durability wise, spare parts and others which one is best? Again I like how it looks but I donít know anything about 1/8 e. Thanks

thanks
if those youíve listed is the shortlist. Iíve had Tekno and TLR and didnít like them as much. The Tekno I found too cramped and the plastic horrible but itís quick. The TLR I like but it doesnít have the same polish as the Kyosho. Guys at my track run HB, they seem to have diff problems but otherwise they perform ok. The K car for me has been awesome, I love the open layout, which makes it easy to maintain, the quality, and it drives really well. Only thing that seems wear is the outdrives and maybe the pins on the driveshafts but youíll easily go a season. Most of the top end buggies perform very well, ideally the one you get is from a LHS so spares etc are easily purchased. Great to hear youíre getting back into RC!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service