Like Tree37Likes

Kyosho MP9E Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 11-25-2016, 05:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho MP9E Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho MP9e Wiki.


Mp9e TKI4 Manual

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 05-18-2018, 06:36 PM
  #3106  
Tech Regular
 
rcbuggy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California
Posts: 476
Default

New front arms for tki4. Lots better and more durable. A little change in geometry though.
rcbuggy88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:57 PM
  #3107  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (301)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 10,405
Trader Rating: 301 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcbuggy88 View Post
New front arms for tki4. Lots better and more durable. A little change in geometry though.
Or use these arms, have webbing like the TKI4, same geometry as TKI3.

IF493 Front Arm (Updated MP9 front arms replaces IF427B as a direct fit. Left and right.)
tobamiester is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:23 PM
  #3108  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Wichita Ks
Posts: 43
Default Mp9e

so iv just done my first complete tear down and clean, as well as differential maintenance. Iím to the point in the re assembly that the motor mount as been put back on the chassis , with The motor and all differentials and shafts attaches. However after tightening everything down the center differential has a lot of wiggle and the bearing doesnít stay seated correctly to the mount and the spur rubs the chassis. It wasnít like this before what did I miss? Iíve taken it all off and put it back on three times . Help!

Last edited by Danknastyy; 05-19-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Danknastyy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:28 AM
  #3109  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wollongong area NSW
Posts: 37
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Danknastyy View Post
so iv just done my first complete tear down and clean, as well as differential maintenance. Iím to the point in the re assembly that the motor mount as been put back on the chassis , with The motor and all differentials and shafts attaches. However after tightening everything down the center differential has a lot of wiggle and the bearing doesnít stay seated correctly to the mount and the spur rubs the chassis. It wasnít like this before what did I miss? Iíve taken it all off and put it back on three times . Help!
not 100% sure where u went wrong but u should shim the diff in the way that it fits securely and doesn't rub the chassis.
diff shims can be bought from basically any rc shop, i know kyosho sell them in batches of 10 under part number 96772 $4 us dollars from amain
https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...yo96772/p37363
hope this helps
EnthusiastBurst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:38 AM
  #3110  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Wichita Ks
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by EnthusiastBurst View Post
not 100% sure where u went wrong but u should shim the diff in the way that it fits securely and doesn't rub the chassis.
diff shims can be bought from basically any rc shop, i know kyosho sell them in batches of 10 under part number 96772 $4 us dollars from amain
https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...yo96772/p37363
hope this helps
well i looked over the manual again and thereís no directions for any shims on the center diff and there werenít any shims when I disassembled
Danknastyy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:22 AM
  #3111  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wollongong area NSW
Posts: 37
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

well im not entirely too sure but shimming the diff sounds like its going to fix ur problem
EnthusiastBurst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:00 AM
  #3112  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Wichita Ks
Posts: 43
Default

Iím an idiot and didnít have the second carriage type deal on the front end of the diff. I fixed it 😂
EnthusiastBurst likes this.
Danknastyy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:50 AM
  #3113  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Greenwood, IN
Posts: 974
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

So the tki4 kit is no longer on amain and tower is out of stock. Is there a new kit coming?
windellmc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:09 PM
  #3114  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Wichita Ks
Posts: 43
Default


im getting ready to order the springs what length springs work best for these?
Danknastyy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:17 PM
  #3115  
Tech Regular
 
rcbuggy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California
Posts: 476
Default

Originally Posted by windellmc View Post
So the tki4 kit is no longer on amain and tower is out of stock. Is there a new kit coming?
Maybe a 10th anniversary like the nitro version?
rcbuggy88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:17 PM
  #3116  
Tech Regular
 
rcbuggy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California
Posts: 476
Default

Originally Posted by Danknastyy View Post



im getting ready to order the springs what length springs work best for these?
Really depends on your track.
rcbuggy88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:47 AM
  #3117  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 100
Default

Originally Posted by Danknastyy View Post



im getting ready to order the springs what length springs work best for these?
iíd get the shock kits throug DollarHobbyz (10th Anniversay Kits). For less cost youíll also get springs and the 8x1.3 piston and not the one off the tree.
Matty A is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:40 PM
  #3118  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
jag5508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Of Heaven
Posts: 1,635
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Anyone running the plastic spur ? If so what do you need to change ? I have a couple of extra diffs not sure exactly what I need if anything .
jag5508 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:43 PM
  #3119  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Wollongong area NSW
Posts: 37
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

shouldn't need any change: direct fit, just make sure to take the o-ring from the old one
EnthusiastBurst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:56 PM
  #3120  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
jag5508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Of Heaven
Posts: 1,635
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EnthusiastBurst View Post
shouldn't need any change: direct fit, just make sure to take the o-ring from the old one
I thought someone said you need a different diff cup then the original center ?
jag5508 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service