Like Tree37Likes

Kyosho MP9E Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-25-2016, 05:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho MP9E Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho MP9e Wiki.

Mp9e TKI4 Manual

Print Wikipost

Old 03-14-2015, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
Started my build last night, surprised there's not a washer between the o-ring and shaft in the diffs. How well does the o-rings hold up? Is the grub screw in the diff cup used as a bleeder? If so does anyone really use it? And how would u put new oil in it? with a syringe?
grub screw is so you can get the cross pin in. Install the cross pin then put the grub screw in before filling the diff with oil. Just tighten it until it's flush with the inside of the diff case.

I haven't had any problems with the o-rings. I replace them maybe once a season.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 301 (100%+)

Started my build last night, surprised there's not a washer between the o-ring and shaft in the diffs. How well does the o-rings hold up? Is the grub screw in the diff cup used as a bleeder? If so does anyone really use it? And how would u put new oil in it? with a syringe?
O-rings last good in my experience.

Not 100% on the purpose of the grub screw. I've used it to slide the pin from the outdrive easier..I guess yes it could be used for bleeding when your putting to diff together, so excess oils exits...
Old 03-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (99%+)

Speaking of Fioroni they make a sweet steering top plate and use to only make it in blue which is not my color but know I see they make it in gunmetal color. If I could find there ergal towers in that gunmetal I would consider a set of those.
There were very few of those Hard Anodized Towers made, their regular is the standard anodized blue and black, with very select few parts getting the Hard Anodized treatment. It seemed as though with the MP7.5 there were more Blue Fioroni parts, and with the MP777 there were more Black and now with MP9 they are back to Blue.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I read in here to put a shim behind the pinion gear in the diff? Is it needed period or based off the ring and pinion mesh? Someone posted 0.1mm what about id and od size anyone have washer sz or part #? Also shims on rear inner hinge pin on each side of A arm sz or part #? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

I run Tekin on my Tekno sct and Orion on my HB. Was thinking of tryin a Orion R8.1 pro and the 690 1900kv motor, anyone else running this combo? Any issues anyone own it and the Tekin and can compare them? I think the R8.1 is a smaller footprint but not sure of height w bodies? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

So I read in here to put a shim behind the pinion gear in the diff? Is it needed period or based off the ring and pinion mesh? Someone posted 0.1mm what about id and od size anyone have washer sz or part #? Also shims on rear inner hinge pin on each side of A arm sz or part #? Thanks for the help guys.
Anyone?
Old 03-19-2015, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Someone makes a flexible body post, not sure if it was Mugen or who it was but would really like to pick one up.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (99%+)

Anyone?
Your good going with leaving a "Two Sheet" gap as stated in the manual on the Pinion between the case and the Universal. Its basically the thickness of two sheets of paper. As long as you have the 0.15mm shim on the diff (ring side) you should be ok. You may just have to recheck your universal gap to case every now and then.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho MP9E Thread-mesh.jpg  
Old 03-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Your good going with leaving a "Two Sheet" gap as stated in the manual on the Pinion between the case and the Universal. Its basically the thickness of two sheets of paper. As long as you have the 0.15mm shim on the diff (ring side) you should be ok. You may just have to recheck your universal gap to case every now and then.
Ok it sounds like your saying I only need this shim if I'm using a shim over the outdrive between the bearing and diff case also? Is that what your saying? Or do I shim like in the pic regardless of having to shim between the outdrive bearing and diff case?
Old 03-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone know where I can find the flexible body mounts? I think there aluminum on top with rubber underneath.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Does anyone have any new, good indoor setups for a regular indoor sized track?

I use Tebo setups but he doesn't really have much for indoor (obviously not too common)
Old 03-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone know where I can find the flexible body mounts? I think there aluminum on top with rubber underneath.
They are made by a company called 6mik, from Europe I believe.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok it sounds like your saying I only need this shim if I'm using a shim over the outdrive between the bearing and diff case also? Is that what your saying? Or do I shim like in the pic regardless of having to shim between the outdrive bearing and diff case?
You should watch Tebo's tech tip videos on building and shimming MP9 diffs. He has a lot of very useful info in them that will answer all of your questions.

http://jtprc.com/tech-tip-videos/
Old 03-24-2015, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Derek_Wood View Post
You should watch Tebo's tech tip videos on building and shimming MP9 diffs. He has a lot of very useful info in them that will answer all of your questions.

http://jtprc.com/tech-tip-videos/
Awesome thanks man.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MattPR8 View Post
They are made by a company called 6mik, from Europe I believe.
Thank u sir!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service