Wiki Posts
Search

Slash running Truggy Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)
Default Slash running Truggy Wheels

I was digging through my photobucket account recently and found a pic of a Slash I owned a while back and thought I would share it.

It had a Mamba Max 4600kv combo and 17mm hub conversion.

I had a set of wheels/tires from a Duratrax Raze layin around that used to be on my Gorilla Revo so I got bored and thought I would cut out an old body and stick them on the rear of the Slash.

Drove it around on a 2S lipo and it handled SO good I wish it didn't overheat in the first 5 minutes.

I even turned the EPA down but it didn't help. It was a real rock thrower though and rode wheelies as far as you could drive in a straight line.

Thanks for looking.

I also found pics of a custom 4wd Slash I had around the same time. It was based on a Tamiya DF-03 but had a completely custom carbon fiber chassis.

The truck also had removeable fenders too. Was a lot of fun but given my history with the DF-03 I decided to sell it before driving it more than a couple battery packs.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
I was digging through my photobucket account recently and found a pic of a Slash I owned a while back and thought I would share it.

It had a Mamba Max 4600kv combo and 17mm hub conversion.

I had a set of wheels/tires from a Duratrax Raze layin around that used to be on my Gorilla Revo so I got bored and thought I would cut out an old body and stick them on the rear of the Slash.

Drove it around on a 2S lipo and it handled SO good I wish it didn't overheat in the first 5 minutes.

I even turned the EPA down but it didn't help. It was a real rock thrower though and rode wheelies as far as you could drive in a straight line.

Thanks for looking.

I also found pics of a custom 4wd Slash I had around the same time. It was based on a Tamiya DF-03 but had a completely custom carbon fiber chassis.

The truck also had removeable fenders too. Was a lot of fun but given my history with the DF-03 I decided to sell it before driving it more than a couple battery packs.
Looks like one of those tractor pulling trucks.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how did the 4wd slash handle?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

It probably would have if I had a tractor to pull! It was a blast and I highly recommend anyone running 17mm wheels to give it a shot. Even if you don't run with a body because not many people want to cut one open to do that.

I actually still have the body in the pics though if someone's interested. It's THRASHED!!!! LOL