Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
SC10 Receiver Question >

SC10 Receiver Question

SC10 Receiver Question

Old 09-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default SC10 Receiver Question

OK, just for clarification PLEASE. The SC10 Manual does not specify where the servo, ESC plug into on the receiver. I also have a Transponder and a Futaba 2.4GHz R603FS 3-Channel Receiver now. Can't find anything on GOOGLE....

Ok, question is: what plugs (servo/ESC/Transponder) into what channels on the Receiver?

1:
2:
3:
B/C:

Thanks

-Hsier
Old 09-26-2009, 05:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABN Hoosier View Post
OK, just for clarification PLEASE. The SC10 Manual does not specify where the servo, ESC plug into on the receiver. I also have a Transponder and a Futaba 2.4GHz R603FS 3-Channel Receiver now. Can't find anything on GOOGLE....

Ok, question is: what plugs (servo/ESC/Transponder) into what channels on the Receiver?

1:
2:
3:
B/C:

Thanks

-Hsier
Channel 1 is always steering. Channel 2 is the speedo and the then the transponder in either channel 3.

I was always told you have to steer it first before you throttle it. Thats an easy way to remember the channels and where to plug the speedo and servo in.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Questions??

Thanks.

I set up the ESC according to the book. I run the car for about 5 min and it goes into 1/2 throttle and will not return to neutral. I kinda feel like stomping on it...

I sent the esc into AE, (which took 60 days) just got it back. I don't get it. I am kinda lost in this electric scene. I will probably buy the MM ESC/5700 combo. But it would be nice if this thing worked. Maybe the engine is grounding out??

also

I am running biggest Spur gear 87 I think, 17 pinion, and a 8 cell 3300 Nickle metal batt. Temps are always high, just temped it at 270 driving it for like 7 minutes. Geeze

I am running the 17mm wheel adapters and buggy wheels/tires (about the only mod i have done)

-Hsier

Last edited by ABN Hoosier; 09-26-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Thanks.

I set up the ESC according to the book. I run the car for about 5 min and it goes into 1/2 throttle and will not return to neutral. I kinda feel like stomping on it...

I sent the esc into AE, (which took 60 days) just got it back. I don't get it. I am kinda lost in this electric scene. I will probably buy the MM ESC/5700 combo. But it would be nice if this thing worked. Maybe the engine is grounding out??

also

I am running biggest Spur gear 87 I think, 17 pinion, and a 8 cell 3300 Nickle metal batt. Temps are always high, just temped it at 270 driving it for like 7 minutes. Geeze

I am running the 17mm wheel adapters and buggy wheels/tires (about the only mod i have done)

-Hsier
I ran SC10 this weekend with a 19 tooth pinion and the stock RTR motor that came in the kit. I neverdidcheck the temp on the motor.

Run 8 cells (9.6 volts) will make the motor get hotter than when running more of a standard 6 cell NIMH or a 2 cell lipo. IMO that is too much voltage for that motor and thats why it is getting so hot. Getting the motor that hot will damage and ruin your motor very quickly. It can also lead to buring up the speedo with that kind of temp and running that much voltage thru that speedo.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Thanks.

also

-Hsier
270!?!?!?

Definitely will want to drop to a 2S lipo or a 6 cell Nimh pack or you won't have to worry about the temp your motor is because you won't have one anymore.

As for remembering what plug goes in what channel, I always say to myself,

"1 to turn, 2 to burn"