Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Slash Wheel and Tire Combo's >

Slash Wheel and Tire Combo's

Slash Wheel and Tire Combo's

Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Slash Wheel and Tire Combo's

With all the options out there now for wheels and tires, what are you guys finding work the best for your track conditions?? I'd like to make an educated guess before I spend the money, since it's not a cheap investment. The track I race on is a small indoor, high bite clay track. I run a 10.5 brush-less and the stock tires are crap, unless you just want to do donuts. Anyone with the same conditions?? Rule of the track here is only SC tires and rims. Any manufacturer combo's allowed, they just have to be made for the SC trucks. Lets list what works good for all types of tracks. I was thinking Pro-Line's and Badlands for me??........Let it begin............
Old 09-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i would get proline bead loch and either switch or bowtie tires
Old 09-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkgonzo View Post
With all the options out there now for wheels and tires, what are you guys finding work the best for your track conditions?? I'd like to make an educated guess before I spend the money, since it's not a cheap investment. The track I race on is a small indoor, high bite clay track. I run a 10.5 brush-less and the stock tires are crap, unless you just want to do donuts. Anyone with the same conditions?? Rule of the track here is only SC tires and rims. Any manufacturer combo's allowed, they just have to be made for the SC trucks. Lets list what works good for all types of tracks. I was thinking Pro-Line's and Badlands for me??........Let it begin............
J concepts goose bump tire work great on the clay tracks. J concepts also has an sc wheels out that looks great.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'm with you on the stock Hockey pucks Traxxas calls tires.

Proline Bowties work really good all around right out of the bag.
Goosebumps work good out of the bag for loose conditions, but work really good on clay tracks once the little knubs are worn down to the bars. Set either of them up on stock or the JConcepts new wheels and you're good to go.

Beadlocks look cool, but not sure they are worth the extra rotational weight and money, especially on a heavy truck like the Slash.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Stock rims and Jconcepts Goosebumps work for me.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkgonzo View Post
If you are allowed ANY Short Course combo get the 17mm hub conversions from STRC and pick up a set of SC8 premounted wheels/tires and you will absolutely destroy everyone else. That's what I did on my Slash on a very small indoor med bite track and it works amazing. Will run you around $100 but it will be a VERY worthwhile investment. The tires hook up pretty well and wear very slow so you won't need to replace them for a long time.