Caster SC

Old 09-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

1/8 scale gas short course would be great. but AE is failing miserably so why even bother.

there needs to be 2 sc classes

Electric 1/10 2wd sc10 slash hpi and losi trucks
electric 1/10 4wd all new format plastic or carbon fiber chassised. belt or drive shaft driven. all new design.

the 1000 dollar nitro sc trucks defeat the purpose for budget friendly hardcore racer.

every one has contemplated buying slash or sc10. i have not met any one, that was like hell ya i want sc8 or sc8e. let that class die
Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

let me be the first, i said "Hell Yeah, i want an sc8e" then i bought one
Old 09-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I guess to me the reason the SC8s are not as popular as you would think is they just cost too much. Once I saw the price of the nitro I cringed a bit even though I like the looks and concept and thought they would be fun as a nitro.

Anyway, since it appears the buggy 1/8 chassis fits the dimensions of the slash body, maybe doing a buggy conversion is the way to go and offer that as others have suggested as Casters entry into the 1/10 4wd SC market along with Ofna and Jammin? Maybe a way to get those Fusion Race Rollers moving too since it seems the Pro model is more popular with the 1/8 racing crowd, and the SC crowd seems more price oriented.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OCKyosho View Post
1/8 scale gas short course would be great. but AE is failing miserably so why even bother.

there needs to be 2 sc classes

Electric 1/10 2wd sc10 slash hpi and losi trucks
electric 1/10 4wd all new format plastic or carbon fiber chassised. belt or drive shaft driven. all new design.

the 1000 dollar nitro sc trucks defeat the purpose for budget friendly hardcore racer.

every one has contemplated buying slash or sc10. i have not met any one, that was like hell ya i want sc8 or sc8e. let that class die
The SC8e is similar to the 1/8 AE buggy - there are plenty of them racing and they are not cheap.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CBHVR6 View Post
let me be the first, i said "Hell Yeah, i want an sc8e" then i bought one

Same here! I was really excited when I saw it because it looked exactly like the real SCT...Even better is that it's a blast to drive...

I bet most of the people that don't like them have never driven one for more than a couple of laps.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I guess to me the reason the SC8s are not as popular as you would think is they just cost too much. Once I saw the price of the nitro I cringed a bit even though I like the looks and concept and thought they would be fun as a nitro.

Anyway, since it appears the buggy 1/8 chassis fits the dimensions of the slash body, maybe doing a buggy conversion is the way to go and offer that as others have suggested as Casters entry into the 1/10 4wd SC market along with Ofna and Jammin? Maybe a way to get those Fusion Race Rollers moving too since it seems the Pro model is more popular with the 1/8 racing crowd, and the SC crowd seems more price oriented.
The SC8 does cost alot and hopefully AE production costs weren't too high so they can eventually lower the sales price and still make a profit to keep the line going. I think it will happen they do a good job at supporting their vehicles.

A Caster conversion kit is a good idea. If there was a 1/10 4X4 it may get other manufacturers to get involved if the segments sales pick up.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DraftDriver View Post
The SC8 does cost alot and hopefully AE production costs weren't too high so they can eventually lower the sales price and still make a profit to keep the line going. I think it will happen they do a good job at supporting their vehicles.

A Caster conversion kit is a good idea. If there was a 1/10 4X4 it may get other manufacturers to get involved if the segments sales pick up.
That is the sole reason you don't see more with a price tag of $700 for a truck that doesn't have a true class to race at most tracks and for what many people view as a basher is the reason they don't appear often. The Reason The 1/10th continues to grow is they all have a price points @$200. I also think the majority of people who look at SCT's are new to the hobby and sc10's/slashes and soon the kyosho/losi's all appear because of pricepoint and you see them everywhere.

Hak I wasn't worried about truggy dying just saying I don't see why it would even be mentioned as being dropped when there is no need. truggy and buggy are both very popular classes
Old 09-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
That is the sole reason you don't see more with a price tag of $700 for a truck that doesn't have a true class to race at most tracks and for what many people view as a basher is the reason they don't appear often. The Reason The 1/10th continues to grow is they all have a price points @$200. I also think the majority of people who look at SCT's are new to the hobby and sc10's/slashes and soon the kyosho/losi's all appear because of pricepoint and you see them everywhere.

Hak I wasn't worried about truggy dying just saying I don't see why it would even be mentioned as being dropped when there is no need. truggy and buggy are both very popular classes
Yeah, I just looked up the cost of the RC8 RTR and it's about $300 less than the SC8e but the RC8Be and RCRTe are similar in the price. I do see more and more Losi 8eightes at the track which is a good sign. What needs to happen is for Traxxas to push the Slayer into the lime light and have a reliable conversion kit.

Most tracks that I know of stick the SC8e in with the 1/8 buggy or truggy, I think it's great to have different vehicle types in the race, keeps things interesting. Agree, the 1/10 is cheap and it will be the largest class but their is enough room for 1/8 trucks.

By the way, about a dozen people came up to me at the track today and all said the truck is AWESOME!!! Half of them where driving slashes and most everone said they want one but don't have the money.

With the given economy being weak its hard to quanitify the true popularity of the SC8e. Let's not forget the SC8e hasn't been out that long as well. Lets give it two years and see where it is then.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

slayer vxl rtr w/tq 2.4 . . . . that could work for the current slasher looking to move to something new and still cost effective
Old 10-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

I purchased the SC8 when it came out and loved driving it, so real looking. I have had every sc truck available. I even made a longer rustler chasis sc truck. My newest venture is an RC8e converted to SC truck. The SC trucks got me back into rc racing THANKS to all the RC companys for that!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I cant beleive what I am reading here.

Truggys going away and 1/18 sc taking over.

YEAH RIGHT

I love SC just as much as the other guy but please. Trugys arent going anywere. Losi hasnt even introduced a 1/8 SC. So your looking at years for this to develope. O would love to see a Caster SC 1/8 or 1/10, or both. Ill buy them.

The appeal of a 1/8 scale is you hardly have to do anything make one. You already have the chassis. Some towers some bumpers and a lid is all you need.

AKA has some 17mm sc wheels coming out the middle of this month
Old 10-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R- View Post
I cant beleive what I am reading here.

Truggys going away and 1/18 sc taking over.

YEAH RIGHT

I love SC just as much as the other guy but please. Trugys arent going anywere. Losi hasnt even introduced a 1/8 SC. So your looking at years for this to develope. O would love to see a Caster SC 1/8 or 1/10, or both. Ill buy them.

The appeal of a 1/8 scale is you hardly have to do anything make one. You already have the chassis. Some towers some bumpers and a lid is all you need.

AKA has some 17mm sc wheels coming out the middle of this month
Old 10-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

It won't take long for Losi to come out with a 1/8, they need to do what AE did, convert the buggy into SC...so how it works and on the next iteration they can figure out what to do...
Old 10-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Caster makes it, ILL BUY IT
Old 10-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by DraftDriver View Post
So, thats an 1/8 SC right?????? I hope Caster will do both 1/8 and 1/10 SC

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service