Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Ultima SC

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

We have only one class, open. But I run stock.
Servo is already radiopost.
Was thinking of buying another one for spares.
We don't seem to have r's around..
Old 04-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Had it out yesterday first time ever driving on the outdoor track and didn't setup the truck or have the right tires for it, still, I managed to qualify 4th and finish 4th with being 2nd overall in my class, it was a mixed class with stock, mod and 4x4, we where literally racing a approaching storm cloud so they just bunched us together.

Thing just works almost all the time, so much steering and plenty of rear bite, however when the track was blown out on the second qual it was almost undriveable, but this is most likely due to the wrong low pin tires and wrong setup, plus it was so windy it was pushing cars off the track!

And to previous posts, yep, I have issues with tucking the front bumper, I still leave it on as it could be just enough to keep it from breaking in a bad crash.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Had it out yesterday first time ever driving on the outdoor track and didn't setup the truck or have the right tires for it, still, I managed to qualify 4th and finish 4th with being 2nd overall in my class, it was a mixed class with stock, mod and 4x4, we where literally racing a approaching storm cloud so they just bunched us together.

Thing just works almost all the time, so much steering and plenty of rear bite, however when the track was blown out on the second qual it was almost undriveable, but this is most likely due to the wrong low pin tires and wrong setup, plus it was so windy it was pushing cars off the track!

And to previous posts, yep, I have issues with tucking the front bumper, I still leave it on as it could be just enough to keep it from breaking in a bad crash.
I was sick otherwise I would've raced yesterday ;( 4th is pretty good for racing against mod and 4x4. What are you geared at for 17.5? Trying to figure out what to do when I switch to 17.5 for this. I have 76,78,81,82 spur gears and 17/19 pinions.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

good job on the race results so far, I just started racing w an rtr ultima also. great truck. as for the 17.5, they seem to like a lot of gear, I run a 69 spur and 33 pinion, w a gear box ratio of 2.6 that gives a fdr of 5.43. no timing on esc or on the can and the epa set to 70% on tx it will pull wheelies coming out of tight turns if i am not careful. temps usually stay around 110-120 after 6min of running. hope this helps, just some of my exp
Old 04-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys, a guy is selling a bunch of the aluminum t-plates for $18.50! I already bought one so just wanted to let you guys know.
Ad-
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ing-parts.html