Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Lipo run time and charging time question. >

Lipo run time and charging time question.

Lipo run time and charging time question.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am thinking of purchasing an 8ight 2.0 E and was looking at batteries.. wow are they expensive.. which packs are you all using? have a link?

thanks all
Old 09-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doox00
I am thinking of purchasing an 8ight 2.0 E and was looking at batteries.. wow are they expensive.. which packs are you all using? have a link?

thanks all
If you can afford an $800 buggy I would guess batts shouldn't be that hard. Try HobbyCity for good stuff at great prices.

I really don't like seeing American dollars leaving the country to fund another but I like getting ripped off by American companies for 4 times the price of the same thing even less.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
If you can afford an $800 buggy I would guess batts shouldn't be that hard. Try HobbyCity for good stuff at great prices.

I really don't like seeing American dollars leaving the country to fund another but I like getting ripped off by American companies for 4 times the price of the same thing even less.
Not really a question of affording, its more of a matter of over spending if its not needed. its about 500+ dollars for 2 packs from maxamps, 400 for the losi brand packs.. that just fuggin nuts to me. As of now I to spend 800 dollars just on 4 packs (2 for 10th scale and 2 for the 8ight), thats alot of money for some batteries that will probably need replacing within 2 years I am guessing.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doox00
Not really a question of affording, its more of a matter of over spending if its not needed. its about 500+ dollars for 2 packs from maxamps, 400 for the losi brand packs.. that just fuggin nuts to me. As of now I to spend 800 dollars just on 4 packs (2 for 10th scale and 2 for the 8ight), thats alot of money for some batteries that will probably need replacing within 2 years I am guessing.
That's my point about getting ripped off by American companies. MaxAmps make great batteries but they are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced.

Go to Hobbycity.com and pick up a 2x 2S 5000mah hard cased packs for $80 shipped or a single 4S soft pack for about the same.

Until American companies get a friggin grip on reality and stop raping people for batts I won't buy another one from them to use personally. Even with my 20-40% discount!
Old 09-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
That's my point about getting ripped off by American companies. MaxAmps make great batteries but they are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced.

Go to Hobbycity.com and pick up a 2x 2S 5000mah hard cased packs for $80 shipped or a single 4S soft pack for about the same.

Until American companies get a friggin grip on reality and stop raping people for batts I won't buy another one from them to use personally. Even with my 20-40% discount!
You have used the packs from hobbycity.. no problems? which brands have you purchased from them?

thanks