sc10 tuning

Old 09-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Default sc10 tuning

hi i am new here and i was wondering if i could get some help with my sc10 tuning. i am having alignment trouble and shock trouble, not trouble but dont like the way its driving. what fluid, shock spring color and shock positions are you running?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mine is nearly stock. What is it doing that you don't like?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Initiate

basicly i have the stock spring set up but with 55 oil in the front and 80 in the rear but i think its to stiff like i cant take turns at the same as my friends with out rolling i ordered
ebay Item number: 360185704494
Item number: 150370314331
for a little more tuning help and i have the piggy back res on the rear
Old 09-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

alignment trouble? what do you mean?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

We run 55/45 oil in ours for a track with some big jumps. I am currently running Gold springs in the front and soft green springs in the rear. I have all the turning, and handling I need.
What are your friends running. Are they taking the turns better and smoother. Look at their setup, and copy it for a good starting point.
I am definitely surprised in a good way how durable these SC10 trucks are. We beat the crap out of them yesterday for about 5-6 battery packs with no broken parts. That is a lot of 5' drops on the front and rear bumpers too.

Good luck,
Stephen
Old 09-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TfnG View Post
alignment trouble? what do you mean?
like to in to out camber those mesurements
Old 09-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by toobad4u View Post
We run 55/45 oil in ours for a track with some big jumps. I am currently running Gold springs in the front and soft green springs in the rear. I have all the turning, and handling I need.
What are your friends running. Are they taking the turns better and smoother. Look at their setup, and copy it for a good starting point.
I am definitely surprised in a good way how durable these SC10 trucks are. We beat the crap out of them yesterday for about 5-6 battery packs with no broken parts. That is a lot of 5' drops on the front and rear bumpers too.

Good luck,
Stephen
they are using the stock oil and springs
Old 09-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

oh i forgot to mention i am running on flat asphault with a sedan layout at the track in gathersburg MD
Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

That makes a big difference, and explains the very heavy shock oil. Most people's setups are for typical off road tracks. All I can suggest for you, is a good sway bar.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
That makes a big difference, and explains the very heavy shock oil. Most people's setups are for typical off road tracks. All I can suggest for you, is a good sway bar.
what sway bar kit can you recomend? what car is it for and what is the part number if you know
Old 09-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
I have to agree... running these trucks on asphalt is now a total different animal. I would go something like a 55f/65r oil & gold (F) Silver(R) just to start & a roll bar in the front(silver) depending if she pushes? Do they make a roll bar for the T4? I havent a clue. Hope that helps & good luck
Old 09-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Lower your truck a bit. It will help.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default suspension tips

alright man, think about it like this, EVERYthing comes into play with handling, EVERRYYYTHING. throttle control, braking control, oil, springs, sag, rebound(springs), shock absorber, caster, camber, toe in/out, tires, battery placement(big one). blah blah blah.

so heres some quickies for you. see what tires your local racers are running. go from there.

SC trucks have shorter a arms so throttle control and steering control are KEY, the fastest motor at the track doesnt do jack if you cant keep it straight.

try google searching SC10 setup sheets. the pros are not shy about sharing theyre setups with everyone.

LINE selection is also key in driving on tracks, youtube SC10 racing to watch the pros and how they take turns. turns are where the races are won and lost.

even if you dont want to take gold in the SC olympics, its more fun when your driving good and not crashing and sliding out all the time.