Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho 1/10 DBX VE Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Wow , that does look pretty sweet ! I think its killer that so many companies are putting out RTR brushless R/C's
Old 09-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
Looks pretty cool. I wish is wasn't an RTR.

It is pretty much a just for fun type of car. With a couple of adjustments, it could be a stadium truck or it could be close to 1/8th dimensions as well. Maybe it will be a new class!
The DRT version is a full blown 10th scale 4WD stadium truck. Together with its big bore shocks and tranny I think it would have an unfair advantage over other 2wd counterparts (eg. Blitz, SC10, Slash, etc..).
Old 09-25-2009, 01:03 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yeah sadly there isn't a class for 1/10 4wd stadium trucks or truggies. The DBX isn't really a buggy. Its more a truggy with a buggy body. Its a blast to drive and is wider by almost an inch than a 1/8 buggy. I think with 1/8 buggy tires it would be competitive at the club level in 1/8 buggy racing. Its only about 20mm shorter in wheelbase than a 1/8 buggy.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hey guys, i just noticed this on amainhobbies for 270

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Off-Road-Buggy

i'm seriously considering this over a slash 4x4, but there are two things keeping me from going for it. parts availability and ground clearance. since both vehicles are mainly bashers, which do you think fair better at a construction site?? the main chassis on the new slash is raised up, but the diffs are roughly at the same height so i dunno.

other concerns:
durability?
cost of parts?
where to get parts?

other than that (and lack of 2.4 radio), i think it would be a blast most everywhere. maybe throw some mashers or badlands on there for some more ground clearance
Old 11-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default DBX VE

Man, the guilt is really starting to get to me when I go over to my sisters and brother in laws house during holiday gatherings and run my nitro truggy in my nephews presence. He's only ten years old and I'm a bit "protective" of my gear b/c of the enormous expense. Maybe this is the solution. I mean, it looks awesome and could run on any format. Only challenge is that at $270.00, it might still be too expensive for a ten year old. Maybe a Losi desert truck, 10th or 18th scale would be a better match financially? Nonetheless, this buggy/truck looks bad____ Hell, I want one
Old 11-28-2009, 04:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wriffwraff
Man, the guilt is really starting to get to me when I go over to my sisters and brother in laws house during holiday gatherings and run my nitro truggy in my nephews presence. He's only ten years old and I'm a bit "protective" of my gear b/c of the enormous expense. Maybe this is the solution. I mean, it looks awesome and could run on any format. Only challenge is that at $270.00, it might still be too expensive for a ten year old. Maybe a Losi desert truck, 10th or 18th scale would be a better match financially? Nonetheless, this buggy/truck looks bad____ Hell, I want one
I thought the same about buying one for my little brother (10yo), but I really have no idea where to buy spares for this kyosho
Old 11-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default DBX VE

It just released here in the US, so I can understand why there aren't any spare's available yet. Give it another month or so and a full line of part's should become available.

I think this is a refreshing alternative to e-buggy and e-truggies. It looks like a truggy and buggy hybrid, so you get the look, and hopefully, performance of both worlds. Hey, and not to mention, it's electric. So, if you have access to an indoor track, you can run it, whether it's raining or not. The only improvement I can envision is a kit offering.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When is the elctric DRT going to be available? That's something I'd buy.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:59 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Most "breakable" parts are the same as the nitro DBX, so just use those. I get all my Kyosho parts from my LHS (they're in my sig). Otherwise, I've gotten parts from Amain also (but I have to pay tax AND shipping from Amain). The only parts that aren't the same are the BL setup, the chassis, battery tray, front steering plate, and some plastic posts/support stuff.
Diffs, gears, dogbones, drivecups, suspension, bulkheads, wheels, etc. are all the same as the nitro DBX and easily available.

The DBX is definitely not a 1/10 buggy as it's marketed. Much larger and almost the size of a 1/8 buggy. It's only 20mm shorter in wheelbase than a 1/8 buggy. If you look at ROAR rules, it actually qualifies to race in 1/8 buggy class. And being as it's 40% lighter than 1/8 E-buggies, that might be a nice advantage on the track in terms of agility, acceleration, and runtime. The DBX is really a DST (1/10 truggy) with a buggy shell.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:01 AM
tns
Tech Apprentice

Default What's most likely to break

Originally Posted by JSR
Most "breakable" parts are the same as the nitro DBX, so just use those. .
Which are the parts that are more likely to break (I'm a off-road noob...)? I'm heading to Japan next week and I'm thinking of picking up a couple of spares over there, along with the kit itself

Cheers!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (79%+)

is this buggy race worthy ?? i seen a few reviews and it sounds more like a basher but id really like to get a affordable 1/10 buggy to race this year
Old 03-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by livetocrawl
is this buggy race worthy ?? i seen a few reviews and it sounds more like a basher but id really like to get a affordable 1/10 buggy to race this year
I don't think it fits within the 1/10 scale buggy class maximum dimensions, or else it would make a pretty good budget racer. would need a faster motor since ur limited to 2s and definitely better tires tho. sadly, it's far too light to fit into 1/8 scale buggies too so it doesn't really work as a racer.

roar rules:

Length (B) Maximum 457.2 mm
Width Maximum 250 mm
Height Maximum 203.2 mm
Wheelbase (A) Maximum 292 mm Minimum 229 mm
Weight 2WD class 1499 gr 4WD class Minimum 1613 gr

DBX dimensions:

Width: 326mm (way too wide (might be the wheels though))
Length: 450mm
Height: 150mm
Wheelbase (min):299mm

RANDOM THOUGHT: i wonder if the a-arms off the DRT (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...--GXR18-Engine) would bring it within spec?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:32 AM
JSR
Tech Master

The parts most susceptible to breakage are the front arms. The only other part ice broken is the rear bulkhead but that was from some really big impacts by landing on the wing constantly for 2 days on a big 1/8 track.

The DBX is too big for 1/10 class. You would be more competitive running an actual 1/10 buggy though the DBX would be more durable. It fits better in 1/8 buggy rules. You only have to worry about ROAR rules if you race it in a ROAR event or your track enforces it. Most track don't enforce ROAR rules at club races.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

can someone tell me where can i find this car΄s motor mount?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:21 AM
tns
Tech Apprentice

JSR - thanks for the reply. I'll be getting me some spare arms then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.