HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree7Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Originally Posted by bnangle View Post
Vision,Thanks these look awesome.They have three different wings.A v,k and m wing take a look and tell me which one you would recomend for basic bike tracks and flat dirt surfaces.I think the m but I am not sure.like the green too.

http://www.vp-pro-usa.com/rc-wheels-...category_id=40
I choose the M version as it is very similar to the ofna high down force wing design, which was used on a 100mph rc8 speed run. I like VP b/c at the time I could get the wing in blk from them.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy FIRE VORZA FIRE ..........

The worst day, today i hit the bmx track and was doing what i do getting around 8 meters in the air when it all went wrong. It landed then i saw smoke and flames coming from the e.s.c. The 11.1v lipos look like balloons so it looks like big $$$ to fix Not 100% sure what went wrong but i think maybe the 20c batteries. What do you guys think? ive run them a lot threw this car.

Cheers
Old 03-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chris79 View Post
The worst day, today i hit the bmx track and was doing what i do getting around 8 meters in the air when it all went wrong. It landed then i saw smoke and flames coming from the e.s.c. The 11.1v lipos look like balloons so it looks like big $$$ to fix Not 100% sure what went wrong but i think maybe the 20c batteries. What do you guys think? ive run them a lot threw this car.

Cheers
I agree, sounds like the batteries have suffered impact from the landings, probably against the battery box.

Sorry to hear of the bad news

Lee
Old 03-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lgbzone View Post
I wouldn't have thought you had to totally rebuild them at this stage, i'd be looking at draining them, cleaning them and then adding the new oil. although it wouldn't hurt if you did rebuild them.

I wouldn't change both the spring and oil at the same time, ideally; change the springs and them preload them until the correct amount of force is needed to compress the suspension, this depends on car weight, speed and how rough the track is. then look at how fast the suspension returns after being compressed, if it's too fast; the car will bounce on the rough, traction and stability will be compromised, so add thicker oil to slow it down. if it's too slow/damp; then the suspension compresses on a bump, but won't return quick enough for the next one, so on the rough you're hitting bumps with the suspension already compressed, again the car will start to bounce and traction and stability will be lost, obviously you won't be able to get the power down either. when you get it right; the chassis will travel flat, horizontally as the wheels are going up and down tracking the ground, here the car is most stable with the best traction.
Cheers mate, will give it a go as you suggest.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
For front and rear what are your settings for camber, toe, oil weight, springs and preload?
Front: Camber -2.0, Toe 2.0 out, Oil wt. 42.5, Springs (stock)Gray 60mm/75gf, Preload 12.75mm

Rear: Camber 0.0, Toe 6.0 in, Oil wt. ? (stock 112mm HB Shocks), Springs Orange 76mm/74gf, Preload 9.5mm
Old 03-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Cheers
We need to see pics.

Why it happened is really anyone's guess. I'm using some 20c Lipos in mine, so far so good. I do have the ESC turned down quite a bit too.

ben
Old 03-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

there 20c burst or constant and what mah and brand are they?.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Cheers
There are known issues with these ESC's going up in smoke, just do a search with with a search engine, on youtube or certain savage flux & traxxas forums. Theres plenty of examples of this happening. However sometimes (or dare I say mostly) its down the missuse & abuse. However there are issues with faultly capacitors apparantely.

The third time I used my vorza my esc went up in smoke, luckily it wasnt going fast and wasnt far from me so I managed to get the body off & disconnect the lipos. The only damage I suffered appart from the esc was some burn marks on the inside of my body, my lipos were fine. The car had only been switched on/running for about 20-30secs.

HPI replaced mine with no questions, but the car was brand new & I sent them pics showing this.

Sorry to hear about yours
Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Would hpi warranty their products when we're in australia? Pretty sure I read something in manual that they're only covered in USA/Canada. Sucks about the esc fire, let us know what happens.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Well since we’re talking about smoking ESC’s I thought I would go ahead and post and email I received from HPI Tech Support in regards to the 2650kv motor. I’ve actually posted this on another thread, so if you’ve seen it before sorry for the repeat.

"Castle (they make our motors) only recommends a 4S on the 2650 but we say 6S is fine and will cover it if there are any issues. We have done our own testing and have not had any issues with putting some big power to that motor."

So I would imagine they would cover the ESC too.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the info guys the batteries were venom 11.1v 4000mah 20c my mates e revo brushless did the same thing last week. I just dont want the same thing to happen so maybe just run 4s to limit the voltage it sucks because the care hammers on 6s. Thanks again Chris.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info guys the batteries were venom 11.1v 4000mah 20c my mates e revo brushless did the same thing last week. I just dont want the same thing to happen so maybe just run 4s to limit the voltage it sucks because the care hammers on 6s. Thanks again Chris.
Just to be safe, you may want to test the batteries. I have a e-revo also that I run 2-11.1v 3S 5250's all the time and I've never had a problem and it's been over a year. Just a thought.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can someone tell me why they have dog bones in the back of the Vorza and the universals in the front?Does this need to be this way?I ask this because I am almost completed my 2nd vorza for my son(buying it part by part on ebay/hpi total $230.00) and I was going to make mine universals both front and back and make his dogbones until I can upgrade his.He is only 7 so hes not getting anything more than one 7.4 lipo until he knows how to drive them.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bnangle View Post
Can someone tell me why they have dog bones in the back of the Vorza and the universals in the front?Does this need to be this way?I ask this because I am almost completed my 2nd vorza for my son(buying it part by part on ebay/hpi total $230.00) and I was going to make mine universals both front and back and make his dogbones until I can upgrade his.He is only 7 so hes not getting anything more than one 7.4 lipo until he knows how to drive them.
You should be good to do this. It comes with cvd's on the front due to the higher wear they receive. You should be able to use dogbones on the front just fine.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I also noticed the cvd's sit right at the edge of the cups on the diff and the dog bones sit in the cup more.I am not sure why that is.i am going to put the cvd's in the rear to I think.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.