Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree7Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

I ordered 2 sets of those DE skids. I cant wait to get some wear on them and see how they hold up. The track here is a chassis eater.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
For the D8 body, there is no gap if the body fits on the chassis perfectly (smaller battery). With my battery I have a gap on one side on the front driver's side corner.

For the MP9 body, there is an even gap (front to back) of about a quarter inch on both sides. Should I be concered with the gap?
The less gap the cleaner the inside of the buggy will stay. Velcro around the edges or single sided foam tape. Either would be good.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bmitchell373 View Post
I ordered 2 sets of those DE skids. I cant wait to get some wear on them and see how they hold up. The track here is a chassis eater.
So they come in a pack of 3, are these only for the rear of the chassis?
http://www.deracing.net/sales.htm#hbd8

Are there skid plates for the front at all? Just the front bumpskid plate?
http://www.deracing.net/sales.htm#hbd8_front
Old 03-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Just those 2 but thats all you need. The front for if you nose dive to much and the rear for slapping down after big jumps.

See where the main wear is, thats what the skid plates over. The front could be a little longer, but after its on it should hit before the chassis does.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Getting the stock front bumper off seemed kind of tricky, but the replacement DE unit mounts the same. It gets pinched between the chassis and bulkhead when you tighten the screws.

Here is the post with the photos of the skids mounted.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/7060455-post1003.html

Here is the one with the photos of the street tires.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/7060460-post1004.html

ben
Old 03-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

That was a huge help!

I just ordered the tapered outer hinge pins and the skid plates.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if the screws in the chassi are stainless? If not, can you buy a kit of stainless screws?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Limpan View Post
Does anyone know if the screws in the chassi are stainless? If not, can you buy a kit of stainless screws?
Nope, not stainless. Haven't heard of a kit, give it some time. Either that, or make a list and head to the Ace Hardware and get as many replacement stainless as you can find. They have a pretty good selection, just pricey at about $.50 each.

ben
Old 03-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Nope, not stainless. Haven't heard of a kit, give it some time. Either that, or make a list and head to the Ace Hardware and get as many replacement stainless as you can find. They have a pretty good selection, just pricey at about $.50 each.

ben
Oh.

A friend of mine bought a kit of stainless screws for his RC8e. Any chance the same screws will fit the Vorza?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Limpan View Post
Oh.

A friend of mine bought a kit of stainless screws for his RC8e. Any chance the same screws will fit the Vorza?
More likely that a D8 kit would work, but it wouldn't likely have all of the screws.

ben
Old 03-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You don't want stainless screws. They are weak and will strip out or break long before a standard steel screw would. They are also no lighter than the standard.

The only screw kit to buy is that made by Tonys Screws.
He currently doesn't make a Vorza specific screw kit, but Im sure its on the way, not many cars that he doesn't do a kit for.
There is a D8 kit which will give you the majority of screws.
http://www.tonysscrews.com/product.s...&categoryId=61

You could also look at Lunsfords Titanium screws, very expensive but awesome, or Mugen makes some Ti screws also. Super light weight.

I have been putting DE skids on my cars for a while now. I wouldnt run a car with out them.

My Vorza chassis arrived today, now just gotta wait for the rest to come available.
But I want it now.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

I use some Stainless on the top of some cars for a BLING factor, but noting that requires alot of torque.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
Has anyone tried the Xtreme Racing D8 Carbon fiber mud guards?

In the past I have not paid much attention to the skid guard discussion on this thread.
Can someone post the available options for our Vorzas?

Also, is anyone interested in seeing my updated setup sheet chart based on the latest Ve8 and D8 setup sheets found on the web?

I am interested in the setup sheets! Post away!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Here are my home made mud guards. I think they turned out pretty good. Thanks to Mr. Mya for posting templates. I used Plexiglass, traced it out from the template, then a 561 bit on a Dremel to rough cut them out. I then used a sanding drum on the Dremel to sand them evenly to my trace lines, then hand sanded the edges to finish them.

I drilled the holes using a 1/8th bit in my dremel, and countersunk the hole by the hinge pin since the screw is short and the Plexiglass was thick.

Also attached are picture now of my chassis with the DE Racing skids. All of those scratches are from the track, not bashing. I have only bashed it at the park on grass. Arizona has rocky soil unfortunately. I walked the track several time to pick up rocks, and this is still the result.

ben
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-p1010222.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-p1010223.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-p1010224.jpg  
Old 03-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Here are my home made mud guards. I think they turned out pretty good. Thanks to Mr. Mya for posting templates. I used Plexiglass, traced it out from the template, then a 561 bit on a Dremel to rough cut them out. I then used a sanding drum on the Dremel to sand them evenly to my trace lines, then hand sanded the edges to finish them.

I drilled the holes using a 1/8th bit in my dremel, and countersunk the hole by the hinge pin since the screw is short and the Plexiglass was thick.

Also attached are picture now of my chassis with the DE Racing skids. All of those scratches are from the track, not bashing. I have only bashed it at the park on grass. Arizona has rocky soil unfortunately. I walked the track several time to pick up rocks, and this is still the result.

ben

Those are pretty think, Not to heavy? Only other thing would be not having any flex it might have to much drag. Gota test em and give a report im really curious. They look Sweet tho.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.