Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree7Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone know how to reset the esc?I didnt read the setup instructions and now I have fwd and reverse but I dont know if I am putting out its full potential.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by outtafocus View Post
Im glad to hear the MP9 body actually fit the Vorza, I was kinda sweating that one.

Who are you getting to paint your bodies?
None other than Winning Edge Designs! Jim has been great with the design I want to do and responds very quickly to any questions or concerns.
His work can be found under the "Looking for a custom painter" thread in this forum. The pictures of his work speak for themselves, they are amazing.
www.wedjim.com
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6345446-post15307.html

Originally Posted by bmitchell373 View Post
The pics look great. Ill have to order one of those too. Ill still get the D8 Shift body and see how it goes. I'm using Thunder Power batteries and they are not as tall. Other than it not sealing the back of the chassis, is there any other problem spots?
Keep us posted on the D8 Shift body with pictures please.

Originally Posted by Lgbzone View Post
Excellent pictures, many thanks Ryan.
No problemo, can't wait to see how the other possible body options go!

Originally Posted by horseteeth View Post
Also search this thread for servos, i'm pretty sure hyde16 created a comparison chart of servos....
Attached to this post is a zip file of the updated servo comparison file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Servo Comparison Chart.zip (5.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 03-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I got some scrap plexiglass from a guy here at work. It is about 3/16th thick and looks to be very durable. He uses it for outdoor signs. It won't take me long to fab these up in the garage with the dremel. Besides, I like tinkering and making my own stuff when I can.

I made a bunch of skid plate/reinforcement parts for my SC10 out of aluminum sheet. For the price I paid for the aluminum sheet, I could have easily just bought a product off the market, but I've used that sheet for other stuff too, so it is all good.

Only time will tell if these end up holding up or not.

ben
Old 03-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

For cheap durable mud guards. On my 8ight I have different thicknesses of lexan that you can tie into your paint job, and they hold up great. You get a 8x10 I think sheet of it, starts at $2.50.

Ill post pics of the body as soon as its available. All the online places I go to are out, and all my distributors are sold out at my work. If anyone comes across the Proline Shift D8 body let me know please.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bnangle View Post
Anyone know how to reset the esc?I didnt read the setup instructions and now I have fwd and reverse but I dont know if I am putting out its full potential.
The only way i know how is to plug it in to the pc and update/reset firmware. That will reset the ESC and if your using a digital controller you can play with your ETA/Travel and see if your getting full speed.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried the Xtreme Racing D8 Carbon fiber mud guards?

In the past I have not paid much attention to the skid guard discussion on this thread.
Can someone post the available options for our Vorzas?

Also, is anyone interested in seeing my updated setup sheet chart based on the latest Ve8 and D8 setup sheets found on the web?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

HYDE16, i would im getting ready to tear into 2 vorza today and redo all of them.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

My only though with the cf mud guards if a rock gets kicked into from the front tires, i bet it would crack.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

HYDE16, i would im getting ready to tear into 2 vorza today and redo all of them.
Redo all of...?

My only though with the cf mud guards if a rock gets kicked into from the front tires, i bet it would crack.
Great point, I plan on racing it on dirt tracks only without any real bashing in rocks.
I'm picking up a cheap pair of Dynamite Hot Laps "Autocross" 1/8 Mounted Buggy Tires [DYN7986] in order to test ESC programming changes on the street out front of my house.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ryan,

The body looks good. I would put foam on the body or the side guards to take up the space between the chassis and body. You know the foam for around doors that have tape on one side. If not all the dirt and rocks will fill up the chassis from the front tires. Other then that it looks like you found yourself a winner.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

There both box stock, New diff fluids, shock oil. Clean one of them. My friend took his threw some watery mud, cooked the esc. After the silver state race were going to start going to the track.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RcWorkShopp View Post
Ryan,

The body looks good. I would put foam on the body or the side guards to take up the space between the chassis and body. You know the foam for around doors that have tape on one side. If not all the dirt and rocks will fill up the chassis from the front tires. Other then that it looks like you found yourself a winner.
Ryan, how big do you reckon the gap is?

I run sticky back velcro around mine, provides a good seal and also ensures the body doesn't move.

Lee
Old 03-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

For the D8 body, there is no gap if the body fits on the chassis perfectly (smaller battery). With my battery I have a gap on one side on the front driver's side corner.

For the MP9 body, there is an even gap (front to back) of about a quarter inch on both sides. Should I be concered with the gap?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
Redo all of...?

Great point, I plan on racing it on dirt tracks only without any real bashing in rocks.
I'm picking up a cheap pair of Dynamite Hot Laps "Autocross" 1/8 Mounted Buggy Tires [DYN7986] in order to test ESC programming changes on the street out front of my house.
Darn it. I picked up the same tires from my LHS for $24.99 a pair. Oh well, I did get instant satisfaction, so I guess that is worth the extra money -- NOT. They actually work pretty well. They will be slippery at first, but watch out, once you wear off the first layer and get them warm, they hook up pretty good. I went from sliding and drifting to flipping over all in the same run.

ben
Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
Has anyone tried the Xtreme Racing D8 Carbon fiber mud guards?

In the past I have not paid much attention to the skid guard discussion on this thread.
Can someone post the available options for our Vorzas?

Also, is anyone interested in seeing my updated setup sheet chart based on the latest Ve8 and D8 setup sheets found on the web?
There are several options posted in this thread with photos. I opted for the DE Racing skids, use the D8 part numbers. I posted pics a few pages back of them mounted.

ben

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.