HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree7Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Mya,

Would mounting the stock wing in the same mount points help with the nose heavy issue until I can get a new wing?

ben
Are you nose heavy coming off a jump? Turn down your drag brake or give it a bit of throttle to bring up the nose. Those will help more than a wing which is to give a little more rear traction rather than controled flight.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Mya,

Would mounting the stock wing in the same mount points help with the nose heavy issue until I can get a new wing?

ben
Haven't tried with the shock wing, but I would think you should have the same results. I plan to hit the track this coming Monday morning to do some testing, I'll add it to the list.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Are you nose heavy coming off a jump? Turn down your drag brake or give it a bit of throttle to bring up the nose. Those will help more than a wing which is to give a little more rear traction rather than controled flight.
I've tried it with no drag brake and pegging the throttle and still can have issues coming down on the nose.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Here's a pretty good video about wings. The guy is a little chatty but seems to have a lot of good info.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83j9zluzEU0
Old 03-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, Skid Plates. Mine are from DE Racing. Use the D8 part numbers. They fit perfectly. The rear one comes with 3 in the package, as these wear more.

ben
Cool thanks, those would be really nice. Ive never seen those befor.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys.

I ran my Vorza for the second time a few days ago.. After about 1 minute the servo stopped working. It moves very, very slowly and I'm sure it's busted.

But since I bought the car from Towerhobbies and had it delivered to Sweden, it is no longer covered by the warranty. So now I will have to buy a new steering servo...

So to my question. Which servo should I buy? It should be better than the stock one but it doesnt have to be a monster-servo..

Thanks,
Linus Sjöberg
Old 03-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Well the more money you spend, the better servo youll get and the longer itll last. In my vorza i run a Ace 1015. its $100 over here but its perfect. I love it.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

As promised, I ordered and received two bodies to test out on the Vorza chassis.
I trimmed both bodies tonight and tested how they fit for my configuration.

Hot Bodies D8 Buggy Body:

-Rotating the ESC definitely allowed for the body to fit on without the ESC wires pushing the body up.
-The rear contour of the body just about covers the back corners of the mud guards but does not enclose the rear of the chassis all that well.
-The outer front corner of my 4S Maxamps hard case battery forces the front driver's side corner up enough to just get away with covering the front corner of the mud guard as you can see from the first and second pictures.
-This body would fit perfectly if I did not have such a large / tall Maxamps hard case battery. I also moved the battery tray as far back as possible and removed the padding in the battery tray for testing.

Kyosho MP9 Buggy Body:

-Rotating the ESC definitely allowed for the body to fit on without the ESC wires pushing the body up.
-This is a very wide body with very tall sides, perfect for our E-buggies.
-It completely covers the Vorza chassis on every side.
-My larger/taller Maxamps hard case battery does not interfere with the body at all.
-I will need to rotate my motor counterclockwise to get the wires to lay down flatter but it doesn't really push the body up at this point.
-Provides greater coverage behind the ESC and motor; basically encloses the chassis and protects the ESC and motor better.

After carefully trimming both bodies and testing their fit, the MP9 body fits a lot better with my larger/taller Maxamps hard case battery.
I will be sending the MP9 body out for custom painting tomorrow.
I will keep the D8 body for when and if I can sell my new Maxamps 4S 6500mah 60C burst Hard case battery and get a smaller battery.

Last edited by HYDE16; 03-10-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Im glad to hear the MP9 body actually fit the Vorza, I was kinda sweating that one.

Many bodies can have the shape massaged slightly by using a heat gun to carefully warm the lexan and while hot, again carefully shape the body as needed. Could also result in utter failure.

Who are you getting to paint your bodies?

Here is a pic of one of my brothers sponsored drivers, running at the Nitro Challenge a few weeks ago. Pic taken by Neobuggy.
Driver Steven Daniluk of Red Deer Alberta Canada.
My brother also has Ty Tessman as a driver, but I believe Ty has started using Upgrade wraps for his bodies.

Local fast guy Troy D.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

The pics look great. Ill have to order one of those too. Ill still get the D8 Shift body and see how it goes. I'm using Thunder Power batteries and they are not as tall. Other than it not sealing the back of the chassis, is there any other problem spots?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Mud guards
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Arm-Mud-Guard

The price isnt bad, not for the amount of dremal work needed to build a set.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Excellent pictures, many thanks Ryan.

Lee
Old 03-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bmitchell373 View Post
Mud guards
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Arm-Mud-Guard

The price isnt bad, not for the amount of dremal work needed to build a set.
Not a very good review on there though...
Quote: these suck!! They broke after only one race they are very thin!!

Those DE Racing skid plates look good.

Also search this thread for servos, i'm pretty sure hyde16 created a comparison chart of servos....

cheers.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

Any thoughts about buying this servo? The website is in swedish, but you'll probably understand the specifications

It's 66$ btw.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Limpan View Post
Any thoughts about buying this servo? The website is in swedish, but you'll probably understand the specifications

It's 66$ btw.
Not sure Limpan.I dont understand the language.I am happy with the Hitec Titanium gear.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.