Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree7Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The ve8 is like a couple mm longer than the Vorza and d8 not much just like 2-4mm. The JC and Proline D8 bodies fit my ED8 with 4s 30C 5000mah Turnigy pack under it. The stock body got lifted up alittle by the battery. The layout was the same on my ED8. The JC RC8 body also fits nice I know of. There is a few bodies I know will fit the vorza.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Finally the weather allowed racing and my Vorza made it's maiden race. I must admit that this is a beast and only good things are to come. Everyone at the track was impressed with the Vorza and I think I will be seeing more of them in the near future. I was running 5/5/2 and the stock setup. Using 2x2s 4000mah Zippy Flightmax, the first three heats were a learning session for both the Vorza and my rusty 1/8th scale driving skills. The only problem I experienced during the three heats was the rear end needed planting and maybe going to 5/5/3 and longer stiffer springs may help. In the main, I started 11th out of 16 and after several laps I made it up to 6th then fell to 7th and as I got my groove back and felt more comfortable with the Vorza, I started to my a move, then the only thing I failed to put lock-tight on let go (the pinion). Lesson learn.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by outtafocus View Post
HYDE16, remember the D8 and Vorza are very much the same car, if KennethM got the Ve8 body to fit a D8 conversion, it will fit the Vorza. But it does look like you will need to remove the side guards which can leave your electronics more vulnerable to side impacts.

There is the Proline Shift D8 body, it has higher sides.

HYDE16 also, earlier you were discussing painting a white wing blue, I would avoid painting a wing just because your first flip will cause the paint to start chipping. Try using RIT fabric dye. Comes in many colours and wont chip off.
All you have to do is boil the wing in the dye and will take the colour.
I think the Ve8 body is out, I don't want to leave the sides exposed without the plastic guards. I'll try a D8 body or a MP9 body to work with how the chassis is currently laid out.

As for the white wing, I just ordered a white pro-line downforce wing and leaving it white.

Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
Finally the weather allowed racing and my Vorza made it's maiden race. I must admit that this is a beast and only good things are to come. Everyone at the track was impressed with the Vorza and I think I will be seeing more of them in the near future. I was running 5/5/2 and the stock setup. Using 2x2s 4000mah Zippy Flightmax, the first three heats were a learning session for both the Vorza and my rusty 1/8th scale driving skills. The only problem I experienced during the three heats was the rear end needed planting and maybe going to 5/5/3 and longer stiffer springs may help. In the main, I started 11th out of 16 and after several laps I made it up to 6th then fell to 7th and as I got my groove back and felt more comfortable with the Vorza, I started to my a move, then the only thing I failed to put lock-tight on let go (the pinion). Lesson learn.
Stoker, great feedback. What springs (color/length) were you running in the rear?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

I keep reading about people wanting to use different bodies but are trying to see what fits.Why not just buy a replacement vorza bodyfrom hpi and paint it what ever you want?I like the yellow look of that pic of the vorza a few back.I am doing that.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

There's no doubt i will be doing a custom vorza body for my vorza, i don't mind the vorza body, however i also want to do an alternative body, something with a slightly different style/shape.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Ran mine at the track yesterday. It is a small track, set up more for SC than large buggies. Only my second time to this track or any track for that matter.

I was the first one there and got to run the track without anyone watching. Turned out to be a good thing since I couldn't drive for crap. LOL. Driving a 4wd buggy is a lot different than a 2wd SC10.

I had plenty of people eye-balling the Vorza on the work bench as ran other cars while waiting for the batteries to recharge and track conditions to improve. There was a mix of people second guessing a RTR and others who were very curious. Most were impressed with how cool it looked for an RTR.

Running it was all grins, and many on the stand commented how cool the buggy was, wishing they had one. It was awesome to turn such fast laps as a novice, passing the field over and over. I even managed to beat out some guys running 4wd SC trucks.

I noticed it jumps with a lot of lift in the rear. Gotta figure that out as I did a lot of nose dives even on the throttle hard. It took a severe beating from me and my lack of skills, and just kept begging for more.

I really wanted to clear the section in front of the stands which was basically a series of small doubles back to back. Wanted to double in, triple out, but never could make it happen and didn't want to risk breaking something so I gave up. Probably the stock tires were to blame as well as my driving skills.

I can already see that my other cars are going to get a lot less attention from me.

ben
Old 02-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Sounds like you had a great time, nice one.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a Ve8 and also a Vorza for my little boy. My Ve8 chassis broke the other day so I'm waiting on a replacement from HB. Anyway, we were at the track and I decided to try out my little boy's Vorza. I was VERY impressed with it on the track! I believe, I was going around the track faster in the Vorza than I do with my Ve8! I was shocked at how well this thing rotated in the turns! It jumps well( a little more nose heavy than my Ve8), but very controlable. And, of course....it has a lot power! What's even more surprising is that I haven't touched a thing on the Vorza...except for the tires... I slapped some Proline Calibers on it...other than that....it was stock..with stock settings! I was very impressed!

I'm kind of getting fed up with my Ve8, so I've been looking into an 8ight-E or an RC8, but after today...I'm seriously thinking of possibly getting another Vorza!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by egmuni View Post
I'm kind of getting fed up with my Ve8, so I've been looking into an 8ight-E or an RC8, but after today...I'm seriously thinking of possibly getting another Vorza!
Why don't you like the Ve8?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Alot of people have been saying the same thing about others checking out their vorzas.Its only a matter of time before you will start seeing alot of companies making parts and upgrade options.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Hyde16, everything was stock except the receiver, radio (Spektrum DX3S), tires (AKA City Block), and the ESC settings. The track has an alsome quad and if my driving skills were better I would have been able to clear them. A friend of mine, ERACER, runs an Losi E-Eight with the Castle 2200kv with a 5s and was clearing it by a good amount. As stated in an earlier post, the nose is a little heavy, which may contribute to the handling, but slight adjustments/tuning of the springs and fluids should take care of it.

Any part numbers for F/R springs? Other than the HPI parts available on thier site?
Old 03-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

nope, just follow the part numbers under optional parts.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

So I decided to play guinea pig and test out some other bodies for the Vorza…
Last night I won an auction for the Kyosho MP9 clear buggy body.
I plan on testing the MP9 body along with a D8 body (when it’s off backorder).
Pictures to follow shortly…..

To answer a previous question as to why we don’t just get a clear VB-1 body; I personally like the look of the racing buggy bodies (smooth and curvy) over the basher buggy body (boxy and square).
Old 03-01-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RcWorkShopp View Post
Why don't you like the Ve8?
It handles great, but I guess I'm having durabilty issues. Something breaks almost everytime I run it. And, now...with the chassis snapping...I've had more down time than run time on it. My little boy has been bashing that Vorza hard and not a single thing has broken....YET! But...when I place both the Vorza and Ve8 side by side...almost everything seems to be the same...different layout, but again, most of the parts are identical.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I went to go order the longer springs from my LHS and they couldn't get them. So I went to order them from the HPI website, but they wanted $10 for shipping for an $8 part that doesn't even weigh an ounce. I quit the order process. Maybe I'll order them if I ever have a need to order other parts.

Anyone know if another company/buggy springs will work?

ben

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.