Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree4Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the updates guys, I'm still a little confused being that I haven't owned an 1/8th scale buggy before.

I’m confused on what would be a possible upgrade for the Vorza and what part # is used where on the buggy. Basically, I'm retarded so if you have the time I need a full explanation, lol.

The #67518 Universal drive shaft set comes standard on the Vorza?
The #67177-67179 WCE center drive shaft set is an upgrade for just the center drive shaft? Does the set come with all three then I choose one length to use?
The #67824 front & #103691 rear universal drive shaft set comes standard on the Vorza?
The #67217 DCJ drive shaft complete set is an upgrade for just the center drive shaft?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

I dont understand something about this car , it says it comes with a 2200kv motor on there website and then under option parts it lists tires , different gearing and a 2650kv motor. Why list the 2650kv motor as an option , isnt it true the 2650kv can only be run on 4s max and the 2200kv on 6s max ? Why would it be an option and what did they achieve the top speed of 70+ mph with a 2650kv or 2200kv ?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

The 2650 is an option because of the RPM compared to the 2200 and the weight of the 4S Lipo compared to the 6S that would need to get the 2200 up to ludicrous speed.

So, 2650 on 4S is geared ore for racing. 2200 on 6S geared more for breaking stuff
Old 12-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

check out the bottom of this page where it says "how fast does it go"
http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/103420/

The 2650Kv motor seems like an upgrade to get from 64mph to 73mph.

losifiend, I got the HPI Castle link kit to connect to the esc, can I change the settings to tone down the 2200Kv motor and 6S lipo I'm using so my buggy is geared more for racing? Has anyone used this HPI Castle Link before, I'm not sure what settings to change up.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

well the max you can run on the 2650kv is 4s and the 2200kv is 6s so wouldnt the 2200kv have a higher top end due to it being able to use 6s ?

Oh and Hyde16 , you will want to put your punch control at 100% or somewhere near that , this way you wont be spinning your tires when starting off the line and fishtailing , 0% is for the least traction and very fast starts. Timing i would put on normal or one step down , it helps with temps and takes a tiny bit off of top speed. As for the other settings maybe someone can help , i ahvnt really played around with the throttle curves or anything but i keep my drag brake disabled , auto lipo cut off , 50% -80% brake power. Start power i like high but for racing its prob best at low or normal. This si for the mamba monster programing , i am assuming its the same since there both made by castle creations...
Old 12-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
1) The #67518 Universal drive shaft set comes standard on the Vorza?

2) The #67177-67179 WCE center drive shaft set is an upgrade for just the center drive shaft? Does the set come with all three then I choose one length to use?

3) The #67824 front & #103691 rear universal drive shaft set comes standard on the Vorza?

4)The #67217 DCJ drive shaft complete set is an upgrade for just the center drive shaft?

1) yes it comes standard in the kit

2) no they are sold per axle, and you get them for each axle on the car (center axles and suspensions axles)

3) yes it comes standard in the kit

4) yes it is a upgrade for the center shaft only. this axle was release after "WCE chrome axles" due to the extreme high wear on the D8T which uses the same front center axle as the vorza I would highly recommend getting the DCJ axle with your kit
Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the updates guys, I'm still a little confused being that I haven't owned an 1/8th scale buggy before.

I’m confused on what would be a possible upgrade for the Vorza and what part # is used where on the buggy. Basically, I'm retarded so if you have the time I need a full explanation, lol.

The #67518 Universal drive shaft set comes standard on the Vorza?
The #67177-67179 WCE center drive shaft set is an upgrade for just the center drive shaft? Does the set come with all three then I choose one length to use?
The #67824 front & #103691 rear universal drive shaft set comes standard on the Vorza?
The #67217 DCJ drive shaft complete set is an upgrade for just the center drive shaft?
Originally Posted by nv529 View Post

2) no they are sold per axle, and you get them for each axle on the car (center axles and suspensions axles)

4) yes it is a upgrade for the center shaft only. this axle was release after "WCE chrome axles" due to the extreme high wear on the D8T which uses the same front center axle as the vorza I would highly recommend getting the DCJ axle with your kit
The only universals that come in the kit are for the front left/right axles only. The front/rear center axles and rear left/right axles are dogbones according to the Vorza Manual.

- Paulie
Old 12-16-2009, 03:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

check out the bottom of this page where it says "how fast does it go"
http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/103420/

The 2650Kv motor seems like an upgrade to get from 64mph to 73mph.

losifiend, I got the HPI Castle link kit to connect to the esc, can I change the settings to tone down the 2200Kv motor and 6S lipo I'm using so my buggy is geared more for racing? Has anyone used this HPI Castle Link before, I'm not sure what settings to change up.
On your Castle link set the punch control to 50% to start with you can adjust this setting at the track later to suit conditions. Set the dead band to the widest setting, set the timing to zero, set the LiPo cut off to auto detect and change the voltage setting to 3.2, brakes at 25%, no drag brake. This is a good starting point.
georgec
Old 12-16-2009, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

Default drive axles

I would replace the dog bones with the D8 universals. You can pick these up on fleabay for less than $20.00 per set from the pull apart guys
georgec
Old 12-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Justpassedu View Post
Oh and Hyde16 , you will want to put your punch control at 100% or somewhere near that , this way you wont be spinning your tires when starting off the line and fishtailing , 0% is for the least traction and very fast starts. Timing i would put on normal or one step down , it helps with temps and takes a tiny bit off of top speed. As for the other settings maybe someone can help , i ahvnt really played around with the throttle curves or anything but i keep my drag brake disabled , auto lipo cut off , 50% -80% brake power. Start power i like high but for racing its prob best at low or normal. This si for the mamba monster programing , i am assuming its the same since there both made by castle creations...
Justpassedu, yes the settings I’m looking for would be for the included “Mamba” 2200Kv BM that comes with the Vorza. This Castle Creations software works with the Vorza.
I loaded the software to my computer but I can’t bring up the available settings until I connect the cable to the Vorza’s ESC.
This is the first time I’ve read of the settings we are able to adjust so I may be a little rough on what each setting does.

Punch control = ~ 100% for best traction when racing
Timing = “normal” or one step lower to reduce brushless motor temperature and reduce top speed. What does “Timing” truly control?
Throttle curve = ???
Drag brake = disabled. What does this do exactly?
Auto lipo cut off = On? Are the selections either on or off? I would definitely want it on so I don’t ruin my new MaxAmps hard case lipo.
Brake Power = 50% - 80%. Is this the force or speed of braking? I don’t want the braking to be too high causing higher temperatures to the BM.
Start power = Low or normal for racing / High for bashing. Is this setting in regards to immediate power delivery when I nail the throttle?

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
Thanks nv529, I definitely want to address any possible high wear areas in this buggy ahead of time.
Since I’m in the “upgrade” mood, can you let me know what else you would upgrade off the bat and how many of each I would need to order?

The #67518 universal and #67824 front / #103691 rear already come standard with the Vorza so no need to get these unless I wanted to get exact replacements with no increased benefits.
I will order (1) #67217 DCJ drive shaft set to replace the front center drive shaft in order to reduce the high wear concerns.

It seems all that’s left is the rear center drive shaft axle and the 4 suspension dog bone shafts right?
The #67179 78mm / #67177 92mm / #67178 105mm WCE drive shafts should be used to replace the rear center drive shaft and the 4 suspension shafts right?
Then there is also the #67171 78mm / #67174 92mm / #67170 105mm WCE drive shafts listed in the manual (see attached picture). Seems there are two sets of WCE drive shafts.

Which WCE part number should I get for each axle? Each part number corresponds to a different length.
(1) Rear Center Drive Shaft Axle = ?
(2) Front Left Suspension Axle = ?
(3) Front Right Suspension Axle = ?
(4) Rear Left Suspension Axle = ?
(5) Rear Right Suspension Axle = ?

Originally Posted by georgec View Post
On your Castle link set the punch control to 50% to start with you can adjust this setting at the track later to suit conditions. Set the dead band to the widest setting, set the timing to zero, set the LiPo cut off to auto detect and change the voltage setting to 3.2, brakes at 25%, no drag brake. This is a good starting point.
georgec
Thanks Georgec,

Punch Control = 50%. If 100% is for better traction and 0% is for no traction, 50% seems like a middle ground for racing and bashing.
Dead Band = widest setting? Is “Dead Band” an actual option or is it called something else?
Timing = “0” instead of normal or one step lower? What does “Timing” truly control?
Auto lipo cut off = Auto Detect with voltage setting to 3.2. Is this the same as “On” and is 3.2 the right setting for a single MaxAmps Hard Case 6500mah 60C 4S 14.8V Lipo Pack?
Drag brake = disabled
Brake Power = 25%. Is this the force or speed of braking? I don’t want it to over-brake causing higher temperatures to the BM.

Originally Posted by georgec View Post
I would replace the dog bones with the D8 universals. You can pick these up on fleabay for less than $20.00 per set from the pull apart guys
georgec
Georgec, you recommend replacing the 4 suspension dog bone shafts with D8 shafts? Are these the same as the WCE shafts? Can you tell me the part numbers / lengths for each?
Front Left Suspension Axle = ?
Front Right Suspension Axle = ?
Rear Left Suspension Axle = ?
Rear Right Suspension Axle = ?

THANKS A TON GUYS!!!!! CHRISTMAS IS GOING TO ROCK THIS YEAR!
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-hop-up-drive-shafts.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-included-drive-shafts.jpg  

Last edited by HYDE16; 12-16-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

The #67518 universal and #67824 front / #103691 rear already come standard with the Vorza so no need to get these unless I wanted to get exact replacements with no increased benefits.
It seems all that’s left is the rear center drive shaft axle and the 4 suspension dog bone shafts right?
No Sir, the only universals the Vorza comes with are the front suspension left/right. All others are dogbones...

- Paulie
Old 12-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Georgec,

Punch Control = 50%. If 100% is for better traction and 0% is for no traction, 50% seems like a middle ground for racing and bashing.
Dead Band = widest setting? Is “Dead Band” an actual option or is it called something else?
Timing = “0” instead of normal or one step lower? What does “Timing” truly control?
Auto lipo cut off = Auto Detect with voltage setting to 3.2. Is this the same as “On” and is 3.2 the right setting for a single MaxAmps Hard Case 6500mah 60C 4S 14.8V Lipo Pack?
Drag brake = disabled
Brake Power = 25%. Is this the force or speed of braking? I don’t want it to over-brake causing higher temperatures to the BM.

Georgec, you recommend replacing the 4 suspension dog bone shafts with D8 shafts? Are these the same as the WCE shafts? Can you tell me the part numbers / lengths for each?
Front Left Suspension Axle = ?
Front Right Suspension Axle = ?
Rear Left Suspension Axle = ?
Rear Right Suspension Axle = ?

THANKS A TON GUYS!!!!! CHRISTMAS IS GOING TO ROCK THIS YEAR![/QUOTE]

Here are links to the drive axles you will need Cheap, stock up you will need these!
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Hot-Bodies-D...item27addf0f4f

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Hot-Bodies-D...item27addf0fb8

As for dead band yes that is what it is called it controls the amount your finger has to move to transition from throttle to brake, to start make it large.

Timing controls the amount of rpm's the motor will turn. Trust me set it to "0"

Auto LiPo will do just that it automatically counts the number of cells being used then in the Castle Link software it allows you to set the voltage cut off per cell. 3.2 is a safe setting!

25% is the lowest brake setting. All you should need.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Do not set timing to "0" on these Neu-Castle/Flux motors. They are 4-pole brushless motors and are most effcient at 8 - 15 degrees of timing. "0" timing is usually recommended for 2-pole brushless motors. For 4-pole motors, start with "normal" (10 degrees) and go up or down to see if your motor temps decrease or increase.

I have a 10lb HB LSP-R truggy running a Medusa 36-70-2000Kv (4-pole) on 6S geared 14/52. Initially, with timing set to "0" temps were over 150 degrees. The minute I changed timing to "normal" temps dropped to 124 degrees after 20 minute practice run at the track. That has been the best for my motor and yours will be different. But please don't set timing to "0" on 4-pole motors.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default hpi vorza

The bottom line is that the vorza is gonna kick ass!! And you will be able to get parts easy and after you smoke everybody at the track you should be very happy!! And castle creations is the best thats why the vorza comes stock with it!!!!!!! If you have a laptop just bring it to the track and you can try different settings to see what works best because if you listen to every1 else you might not be happy so the best thing is just try it yourself!!! And castle has great tech support and they can tell you whatever you need to know!!
Old 12-18-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

this basically the same as the hotbodies one correct

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service