HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree7Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
I like your style!

Which white wing though?
Do they really affect performance or should I get any old white wing?
I run the Pro-Line High Downforce, it's pretty similar to the e-revo stock wing, which also fits. Don't notice any real difference on the track, I just like the look better, plus the white looks sweet too. When I get a chance I'll run it on the street and clock to see if there is any difference between the two, but I doubt it. By the by just got my 112mm shocks & 112mm tower so I'll be doing more track tests soon!

Last edited by Mr. Mya; 02-25-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

i'm picking up one of these this week. i'll be running 2x2s 5000mah packs on a small-medium size track.

first, gearing, from what i've been reading, a 17t should be a good starting point? runtime is more of my focus rather than speed

that said, anyone else running 2x2s 5000 packs wanna chime in with what they are getting for run time on a smaller track?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theagentorange View Post
i'm picking up one of these this week. i'll be running 2x2s 5000mah packs on a small-medium size track.

first, gearing, from what i've been reading, a 17t should be a good starting point? runtime is more of my focus rather than speed

that said, anyone else running 2x2s 5000 packs wanna chime in with what they are getting for run time on a smaller track?
Ordered mine last week and really hoping it arrives before this weekend. I'll be running 2x2s 5000 packs in mine. I ordered some 40c units to use with this buggy. On my E-Maxx, equipped with the same motor/ESC setup, using 2x2s 20c I can get about 30 minutes of bash time. That includes a lot of top speed runs too. So, I'm expecting to get about the same with the buggy.

Should be noted that I run my controller with about 50% punch control, 0 timing, low initial speed, etc. So conservative settings.

ben
Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Just as an FYI for everyone looking for setups based on the Ve8 (electric weight) instead of the D8 (nitro weight), the April 2010 issue of R/C Car has an awesome review of the Ve8 and discusses Josh Alton's specific setup for testing this car.

Luckily, R/C Car just posted the setup sheet used for the Ve8 review under their Setup Sheets section.

They tested it with a 4S battery and our Castle Creations 2200kV brushless motor.
For most of us this is close to the weight we are currently running (if using 2S - 4S) but there is a small tradeoff with the Ve8's composite chassis vs. the Vorza's aluminum chassis.

Diffs: We've been recommending the 5-5-2 starting point, the only difference in their setup is the use of 3,000 in the rear differential. 5,000 in the front and center still seem to be the prime choice for D8's and Ve8's.

Gears: 50T spur gear instead of the stock 48T and the 17T pinion gear instead of the stock 15T.

Ride Height: 28mm Front / 29mm Rear

Camber: -2 Front / -2 Rear

Toe: +1 Front / -3 Rear

Springs: Grey Front / Yellow Rear

Shock Oil: 500 Front / 600 Rear

Right off the bat I'm going to increase my shock weight. I started too light based on D8 setup sheets.

I'm getting more and more interested in switching out the spur and pinion gear. I may pick these up to have as replacement parts if anything goes wrong.

As for the rear differential, I'm going to try 2,000 weight in the rear first then 3,000 weight.
From my earlier post today, I wanted to re-visit the spur and pinion gear choices. I haven't paid much attention to the past discussions on gears here in this thread. What is the consensus of using the 50T spur gear instead of the stock 48T and the 17T pinion gear instead of the stock 15T?

Is this what most people are running? Can anyone give me a quick rundown of why we would change out the gears and what this combo would do for me?

Has anyone checked into using mud guards yet designed for the D8?
Xtreme Racing makes Carbon Fiber Mud Guards for $25.

Also, I'm looking at closed end 17mm wheel nuts in blue but I'm finding coarse thread and fine thread, any advice on which ones to get?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by theagentorange View Post

I get about 30-35 minute run times with 5400mah on a small track with several off course high speed excursions.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

My wife called. Said my box arrived today. I can't wait to get home now, and I have tomorrow off. Woot Woot.

Now, if my damn batteries from HobbyKing would just get here. I ordered over two weeks ago and paid for the fast shipping. Chinese New Year got in the way, and they aren't really doing anything except apologizing.

ben
Old 02-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Those are pretty tiny to be charging that much, even if they are carbon fiber. I'd think you could pick up some scrape lexin and make your own for next to nothing.

Would be could if someone took the time to trace a template, scan it and post it so we could make our own.

ben
Old 02-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I wonder if HPI's Phaltline tires will fit on the Vorza??? Im thinking about geting some for the car for ourroad course to get more top end and possibly more traction due to width.. Do you guys see any reason why not?
Old 02-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by *BBB* View Post
I wonder if HPI's Phaltline tires will fit on the Vorza??? Im thinking about geting some for the car for ourroad course to get more top end and possibly more traction due to width.. Do you guys see any reason why not?
Says they fit 17mm hex. Might need to email HPI. I'd be interested in these if they fit.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/4729/

ben
Old 02-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Those phaltline tires look sick. Let us know if you get them and how they work out.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Here is a quick pic of my high downforce wing -

Old 02-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

So my wife just decided to order me some parts for the Vorza....

She just ordered me a set of Caliber M3 tires, 4 sets of different springs (white/yellow/blue/grey), diff/shock fluids and the Pro-line High Downforce wing!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

So my wife just decided to order me some parts for the Vorza....

She just ordered me a set of Caliber M3 tires, 4 sets of different springs (white/yellow/blue/grey), diff/shock fluids and the Pro-line High Downforce wing!
Good Wife Good Wife
Old 02-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

HYDE16
If you are after blue wheel nuts, Im pretty sure the Kyosho nuts will fit. However stay away from the Kyosho nut with the nylon lock insert. These are made from a harder aluminum than the hub, and Kyosho guys had problems with the nut stripping the hub.

Kyosho, HB, HPI = fine thread.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

From my earlier post today, I wanted to re-visit the spur and pinion gear choices. I haven't paid much attention to the past discussions on gears here in this thread. What is the consensus of using the 50T spur gear instead of the stock 48T and the 17T pinion gear instead of the stock 15T?

Is this what most people are running? Can anyone give me a quick rundown of why we would change out the gears and what this combo would do for me?

Also, I'm looking at closed end 17mm wheel nuts in blue but I'm finding coarse thread and fine thread, any advice on which ones to get?
I find that the 17T with the stock 48T spur gives me a more controlled take offs and coming out of the turns. However, most people seem to be using an 18T, I have one, just haven't tried it yet.

I actually have those mud guards on order, I'll let you know how they work out. I'll probably post some pic's with all the other stuff I've done.

As far as wheel nuts I would have to say that they are Fine Thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.