Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree8Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Seriously, you expect an answer after that. If you know forums, then you should no that no answer means no one has an answer for you. If we all commented to posts like yours just to say "don't know, sorry" we'd have thousands of pages of crap to weed through to find the answers that are worthwhile.

Like Hyde said, many haven't had a chance to run their buggy, or plain and simple not a lot people have this model at this point.

But, if I recall, there are several good posts in here already that discuss setups, maybe you overlooked them and should go back and read them.

ben
Right on Ben.I dont know why hes so mad.He lives on the sunny coast and most of us Vorza owners are still snowed in.I can give him a setup sheet for my livingroom if it would help.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Justpassedu View Post
or you can spend $4 via ebay with free shipping and get these in any color http://cgi.ebay.com/Red-Shock-covers...item4a9e375d3d , they stretch over your shocks i have used them before , the guy makes them homemade and they have worked out well for me ...
That's what I run and they work just fine.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danulmer18 View Post
I don't know the answers to everything but when I do I take a few minutes to help someone out. That is the beauty of forums.

Is it too much to ask for anyone who is racing their Vorza to post the diff setups that are working for them and any observations?

This is the fourth time I have asked.

Thanks guys
I've been running 5-5-2 for the last few weeks and it seems to work great at the track, really helps the back end rotate through the corners. I'm using Associated fluid and it has held up fine through, I'd say 16 runs so far. I'll try and push it a little longer before I rebuild the diffs again.

I went out of town on Saturday to race the Vorza and my short course truck. Showed up early to get some practice since this was my first time at this track. The Vorza felt great so I didn't change a thing. Not a huge turn out, only 6 other 1/8 scale electrics showed up. It was competitive though, everyone qualified within a few seconds of each other and I took the second spot. During the 10min main I was right behind the leader until about halfway and my tires started to go. I made a couple of mistakes and hung in to take second place. The winner was an experienced driver using a decked out Associated RC8E who's been to this track before. Needless to say, I'm very happy with my RTR buggy . It IS very competitive with just a few setup changes.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 85sfarunner View Post
I've been running 5-5-2 for the last few weeks and it seems to work great at the track, really helps the back end rotate through the corners. I'm using Associated fluid and it has held up fine through, I'd say 16 runs so far. I'll try and push it a little longer before I rebuild the diffs again.

I went out of town on Saturday to race the Vorza and my short course truck. Showed up early to get some practice since this was my first time at this track. The Vorza felt great so I didn't change a thing. Not a huge turn out, only 6 other 1/8 scale electrics showed up. It was competitive though, everyone qualified within a few seconds of each other and I took the second spot. During the 10min main I was right behind the leader until about halfway and my tires started to go. I made a couple of mistakes and hung in to take second place. The winner was an experienced driver using a decked out Associated RC8E who's been to this track before. Needless to say, I'm very happy with my RTR buggy . It IS very competitive with just a few setup changes.

Hey thanks for that so I wonder why 552 seems too light for me. Haven't run on grass, but my track was a bit low grip so maybe it was diffing out. the centre fluid came out brown. Anyways, I appreciate the comments and will appreciate the observations from those of you in the snow when spring comes. There is pleanty of the world not in snow at the moment Sorry for coming across rude, just frustrating when the question is not answered and un-useful info is suggested repeatedly. Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I dont see how the info I suggested is un-useful (which I dont think is even a word).
Have you even looked at the Hot Bodies set up sheets?
What about the Ve8? it looks like the setups for that car are just about if not the same as that for the D8. Now dont say that the Ve8 is lighter, because it is not that much lighter.
If 5k isnt working for you in the center, then try 7K, if thats not working then I would suggest it is a driver issue and maybe you should ease of the throttle a bit.

The answer I gave you, is the perfect answer to the question you asked.
No where in your original question did it state your existing setup, what type of track and surface you are racing on or what the issue you are having was.

You ask an unspecific question, you will get an unspecific answer.

There are diff tuning guides available online, maybe reading one of these will help you find what you are looking for.

Being polite really helps, when you are asking for advice. But that's probably beyond you.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just wondering if anyone changed their tires(tyres) yet and if so what are you using?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bnangle View Post
Just wondering if anyone changed their tires(tyres) yet and if so what are you using?
Werks for me

Old 02-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Just bought a Vorza. Ive been reading threw alot of pages and didnt see anything, and was wondering if anyone has tried to put a Ve8 or any other body on it. The stock one is horribly designed in my opinion.
Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Limpan View Post
Werks for me

Limpan thanks for the pick but I cant tell what kind of tire and wheel they are.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bnangle View Post
Limpan thanks for the pick but I cant tell what kind of tire and wheel they are.
They are "Werks Lugs 300".

Dont know what wheels though.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

Hi

I have got some kyosho tyres and wheels, http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=31064 i've found these give better grip on short grass and gravel than the stock tyres, however the stock tyres are worn more. the kyosho wheels are slightly shorter than the stock wheels, but the kyosho tyre sidewalls are taller, giving an overall taller tyre. the kyosho tyres are far more flexible than the proto tyres, as if the rubber is thinner and the insert softer, the kyosho wheels are far stiffer than stock, which may be why they have developed cracks in them.

I also have some pro-line dish wheels and crime fighter tyres, i haven't tried them yet, these tyres are supposed to be very good but wear quicker. i have to say the look and feel of the crime fighter tyres oozes quality, much stiffer rubber but feels like it has far more grip, very impressed.

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/cml...tId=0000003893

Lee
Old 02-23-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

I'm running both in soft compound

AKA 1/8th Buggy City Block
Pro-Line 1/8th Buggy Caliber
Old 02-23-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

My Vorza will have alot of driving to do this summer

Old 02-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Limpan View Post
My Vorza will have alot of driving to do this summer

Limpan that is some wheel collection there.I dont think I have ever seen someone with the amount of wheels you have.You may need another lipo.you are bound to max out the cycles with all that driving.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bmitchell373 View Post
Just bought a Vorza. Ive been reading threw alot of pages and didnt see anything, and was wondering if anyone has tried to put a Ve8 or any other body on it. The stock one is horribly designed in my opinion.
Thanks
I believe in the past it was said that the Ve8 body would not fit.
The D8 body will fit with some modification over the ESC wires.
I am waiting for HB to send me a D8 body (on backorder) so I can provide a step-by-step procedure to retrofit it on the Vorza.

I'm also going to try a Losi 8ight body.

Off the top of anyone's head, the Losi 8ight body is 7" wide by 13.5" inches long. Since I'm at work can anyone tell me if the Vorza is at or under 7" wide?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.