Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wrecked bad enough to finally damage a LiPo battery today. In the same wreck, I bent my Tekno front center drive shaft, bent the stock rear shock tower, and it pulled the tower mounting screws from the rear diff case... sadness. The battery was a GensAce 5s 60c 5300mah... my favorite battery! I was launching the car over a massive hill and landed square on the wing.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I got another running video, this time at my local park.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Check it out!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mammoth4x4
I got another running video, this time at my local park.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Check it out!
Nice!! Great to see someone doing something unique!! Not just the same ol same ol. . . You greatly added to the durability for bashing by removing the wing and havin the shock towers enclosed inside the body.
Looks like fun.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know where I can buy the M2C rear hingepins??? ......the ones with the double nut. And I see some guys talk about using Mugen pins...are they also double nut, or just a straight pin? A link would be awesome!
Thanks in advance
Old 08-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chainsaw10
Does anyone know where I can buy the M2C rear hingepins??? ......the ones with the double nut. And I see some guys talk about using Mugen pins...are they also double nut, or just a straight pin? A link would be awesome!
Thanks in advance
Here you go.

http://www.rcplanet.com/Mugen_Rear_L...p/muge0124.htm

I put them on this week, so far so good.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you!!! I have a set on my D8T-e but I got them used with aluminum rear axle carriers from another member here....so I didn't actually know where to get them
Old 08-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Center Drive Shaft Coupling Set Screw

The head of the set screw in my center drive shaft coupling got stripped because i over tightened it. Anyway, the hex screw that's in it isn't the correct length so it's really short and only takes up about half the hole. I tried to drill it out with 2 different sized cobalt drill bits. The bits are just spinning now and won't go any deeper. Plus i ended up breaking both bits.

So the coupling still won't come off the end of the spiral gear. What else can I do? I was thinking of trying to cut the coupling off with a dremel, but that means I'd have to buy one.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Heres a video from today of my Vorza with D8T arms, driveshafts, shocks, etc.... Using 5S hyperion 45c 5000mah lipos. Proline Emaxx VW baja bug body.. Exceed/Nitrorcx monster truck tires....which are great tires....and cheap too..$40.00 for an entire premounted set of four!!!

+ YouTube Video
Old 08-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by waffles730
Picked up some EC5s from ebay. Going to solder them on tonight and will report back after racing Sunday on how they held up.
I like the EC5s. Smooth to connect and disconnect, nice big connectors to get your hands around, and they didn't get any warmer than the wire on the battery after a 6 minute heat. I'm sold!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by waffles730
I like the EC5s. Smooth to connect and disconnect, nice big connectors to get your hands around, and they didn't get any warmer than the wire on the battery after a 6 minute heat. I'm sold!
Glad you like them!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello Vorzalovers. I'm thinking of buying the options bigboreshocks and the front and rear high shocktowers. Do I need to buy a harder spring?
Today I have red spring front and rear and 550 shockoil. It runs very good on the dirttrack.
// Johannes
Old 08-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

Will HPI ever restock aluminum spindles and carriers? Holy balls!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My Center diff is getting HOT! I mean hot like putting your finger on any metal part for more than a second and it will cause burns!

My gearing is 18T/40T with a 40T plastic Kyosho spur gear. I originally put some grease inside the diff as I didn't have any oil. Thinking that MIGHT be my problem, I drained the diff and put in 100k HPI oil. After a 5 minute bash, I took the center diff off, opened the tiny screw on the side of the diff and brown oil came flying out. (Weird to have brown oil after one 5 minute run when it was initially clear?) Anyway, I let some oil leak out thinking I put to much oil in and then tightened it back down for another run. Next run, even hotter!

I'm pulling wheelies like crazy and I'd like to stop that from happening so much, but my first concern is this crazy heat. My run times while bashing around under 10 minutes for a fully charged 5S 4200mah 35C Hyperion battery.

Anyone have any ideas why my diff is so HOT or why the oil is quickly turning colors?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

got a part # on the 40T spur gear?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

IF147 ... and sorry, it's a 44T spur gear. But it's much quieter and seems to be holding up well...even in this crazy heat.

Regarding my heat issue: I only have 100k diff oil and 1k diff oil and my diff is getting hotter and hotter. I tried opening up the diff and filling it up about 60-75% full with a mix of 100k diff and a little 1k diff oil. After an 8 minute run, the diff is hotter than I've ever felt it. A quick finger test of .5 seconds hurt like a SOAB. (I need to find a heat gun!)

Also, thinking that the diff oil would be less than 100k after adding the 1k diff oil in the mix, it seems to pop wheelies just as often. I'm at a loss and I can't image this diff is going to last much longer with this type of heat.

Anyway, if anyone else has delt with this issue, I'd really like some help.

Update: I purchased a brand new Vorza Center Diff off ebay, which was from a brand new car. I removed the CD (Center Diff) I was having problems with and replaced it with the brand new one. The wheelie issue is less pronounced and the heat is much less. After a few minutes of hard bashing on the street, I could leave my finger on the center drive dogs (front and rear) for 2-3 seconds before it became uncomfortable. This is much less heat that the CD with the Kyosho spur...which leads me to believe there might be a problem inside the CD when using the Kyosho spur. Has anyone else had issues? I wonder if the internal gears are binding a bit more when using the Kyosho spur, which would explain the decreased run times, wheelie issues and extreme heat.

I guess time will tell, but it runs much better now. (Although much louder than when I was using the Kyosho plastic spur.)

Last edited by fidelity101; 08-16-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.