Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree7Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Question for those of you have the Vorza already. When you received it, did it smell really bad, like it sat in a room filled with cigarette smoke? My buddy's new Savage smells horrible. I'm told this is typical of HPI stuff.

ben
Old 02-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Originally Posted by danulmer18 View Post
Here are some pics of the sealed esc. it doesn't look as pretty as before but no dirt can get anywhere near the board and the fan can be changed(the stock fans don't last) The stock one was 5v so im looking for another on of similar size but better quality. It is not necessary if geared right but nice to have. The top holder brace should hold a new fan in nicley.
I squeezed silicone around the caps and bullet connectors and pressed the top bit of the case on then turned it around and totally filled the bottom and pressed the bottom lid on. 100% sealed.

I have read the whole thread and seen all the starting advice on diff setup. I am running 5-5-2 BUT I want to know what people are using NOW. What they have changed to after running it a while or if they are happy with 552.
By sealing it the way you have shown in the picture, does that make the esc waterproof or do you still have to be careful of water ?. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Ok, so I am on the verge of purchasing a Vorza.
I am a racer only, no bashing here. I am tempted to buy a D8 and convert it.
Questions:
1) Run time with two 5,000 2s battery packs? I run a small to medium 1/8 scale track that is hardpacked.
2) Is the chassis the same material as the D8?
3) Can I install mechanical brakes?
4) Does a D8 body fit?
Thanks,
E
Old 02-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vision View Post
By sealing it the way you have shown in the picture, does that make the esc waterproof or do you still have to be careful of water ?. Thanks.
Sealing it like this has made it waterproof and easy to brush dirt out of the heat sink
Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mebolson View Post
Questions:
1) Run time with two 5,000 2s battery packs? I run a small to medium 1/8 scale track that is hardpacked.
4) Does a D8 body fit?
Thanks,
E
1-I don't run 2x2s, I run 1 4s 5000mah but I think it will be the same. I get about 17 mins running hard on the track.

2-Yes the chassis is 7075 ally same as d8

3-No you can't install mech brakes unless you are superman in the machine shop. The esc brakes are pretty good.

4-Apparently the d8 body will fit with a minor cutout around the esc.

Bottom line is it's a fantastic car and ready to smoke nitro 1/8's out of the box with some setup changes
Old 02-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post

Good, try out the gear mesh again and please let us know your results. We’ll get you to eliminate that noise.
Thanks mate, I have tried adjusting the mesh and i think i have it the best it will go but it's still noisy, i assume the original spur and pinion are worn so i've ordered new ones, once they arrive i'll try again and let you know how it goes.

Much appreciated
Old 02-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Question for those of you have the Vorza already. When you received it, did it smell really bad, like it sat in a room filled with cigarette smoke? My buddy's new Savage smells horrible. I'm told this is typical of HPI stuff.

ben
lol, don't have mine yet, but can't wait to find out!
Old 02-16-2010, 04:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by danulmer18 View Post
1-I don't run 2x2s, I run 1 4s 5000mah but I think it will be the same. I get about 17 mins running hard on the track.

2-Yes the chassis is 7075 ally same as d8

3-No you can't install mech brakes unless you are superman in the machine shop. The esc brakes are pretty good.

4-Apparently the d8 body will fit with a minor cutout around the esc.

Bottom line is it's a fantastic car and ready to smoke nitro 1/8's out of the box with some setup changes
Why do you say not to run 2x2? Is it cause they wont fit or are you thinking they wont discharge properly. I was going to run the battery this way so I would not have to buy a new one. Thanks for your input.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RcWorkShopp View Post
Why do you say not to run 2x2? Is it cause they wont fit or are you thinking they wont discharge properly. I was going to run the battery this way so I would not have to buy a new one. Thanks for your input.
RcWorkShopp -- danulmer18 didn't state not to run 2x2s, but that he doesn't. I run the double, as you are, and have no problems and yes it does allow for sharing lipos between my other rides.

Originally Posted by danulmer18
Old 02-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mebolson View Post
Questions:
4) Does a D8 body fit?
Thanks,
E
I run 2x2 5400mah batteries and am far from being a racer but I do go on the track and get ~35 minutes run time.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
RcWorkShopp -- danulmer18 didn't state not to run 2x2s, but that he doesn't. I run the double, as you are, and have no problems and yes it does allow for sharing lipos between my other rides.

Originally Posted by danulmer18
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I had a dyslexia moment.

I have not ran 2x2 yet but does one battery discharge more then the other. Have you seen that happen.

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

I always use 2*3S and they always discharge the same, i could be wrong but i would expect the same from 2*2S.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have run 2x2S and 2x3S in my Vorza for the last 3 months. I check balance after each discharge and all of my batteries come out of the car within .05 or less difference in each cell. As long as you start with good packs (not referring to brand just condition of the packs) and your ESC and motor are working correctly the packs will discharge equally.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Here's a quick question, I just got my 2S-6S Voltage meter.
It has 6 prongs so I plugged any ole 4 prongs into my 4S battery balancing taps.

Nothing lit up or anything, does the battery need to be plugged into the ESC for the voltage meter to work?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Shockwears for the Vorza

I just got an email from the good people of outerwears concerning shockwears for the vorza.Turns out they will fit and I am going to order them.Check out the email:

The part number you are trying to order for Big Bore shocks will fit most of the 1/8th scale vehicles. It will not fit the Savage or Savage XL. Those Shockwears are custom. If you’d like us to ship to a PO Box, please call to place your order and we can ship US Priority Mail.

The link is on my post back on page 54 or 55 I think.
Not bad for 20 dollars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.