Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree4Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bnangle View Post
Here are some carbon fiber parts available for the d8 and ve8.They should work for the vorza

http://www.xtremercracing.com/VE8.cfm
I bet they will fit too, anyone going to try these parts out?
the 112mm shock towers look interesting; they could compensate for the added weight of the longer shocks.

What do you think the most popular carbon fiber replacement part would be?
Old 02-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Okay in the last three weeks I won enouph items on ebay from the same take apart guy to just about build another vorza.Okay I am not going to build one but I now have a four drawer tacklebox full of vorza spare parts and hardware.I got 8 hubs/nuts hinge pins and hardware.I just won a center diff/spurgear and a whole bunch of other stuff.I even got the tool parts bag for extra hardware.I didnt even bid on a-arms.Its crazy. someone won the set for 36.00.You can get them from hb or tower for the ve8 at 23 dollars.TheyI looked up parts before bidding.I dont want to overpay that much.I did however got a brand new vorza chassis for 16.00 and hpi lists it for 80.00.Only wanted it to lend to my friend who does carbonfiber to see if he could frabricate a carbon fiber vorza chassis.The aluminum one is pretty heavy.I dont think you could angle carbonfiber.At least I have always seen it flat.
A CF chassis would be really cool. Let me know if you get one made up !.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

vision I will let you know if he can make them.

I think the most popular cf parts on any car/truck is chassis,shock towers,radioplates(servotrays) and battery holddowns and supports.I would get the cf shock towers for the vorza but I kind of like the look of metal ones on it.I dont race at tracks where I live so I am not crucial to weights.I would however like a cf chassis though.

I am also getting 1/8 bigbore outerwears shock covers.They helped out with my baja,looked cool and kept the threads clean.I am just waiting on an email from outerwears to confirm they will fit the 16mm shocks.check them out:

http://www.outerwearsracing.com/prod...prod=44%2D2438

Last edited by bnangle; 02-15-2010 at 08:06 AM. Reason: forgot link
Old 02-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

vision I will let you know if he can make them.

I think the most popular cf parts on any car/truck is chassis,shock towers,radioplates(servotrays) and battery holddowns and supports.I would get the cf shock towers for the vorza but I kind of like the look of metal ones on it.I dont race at tracks where I live so I am not crucial to weights.I would however like a cf chassis though.

I am also getting 1/8 bigbore outerwears shock covers.They helped out with my baja,looked cool and kept the threads clean.I am just waiting on an email from outerwears to confirm they will fit the 16mm shocks.check them out:

http://www.outerwearsracing.com/prod...prod=44%2D2438
Whoa! Please keep us posted if they fit the stock big bore shocks.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
I bet they will fit too, anyone going to try these parts out?
the 112mm shock towers look interesting; they could compensate for the added weight of the longer shocks.

What do you think the most popular carbon fiber replacement part would be?
I have the High Mount Rear Shock Tower and 112mm shocks on order right now. I'll post once received.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default DBox

Well I couldn't wait for the new shocks to come in to try out the Dbox, so I mickey-glued the shock and ran it tell it broke again. Wasn't able to get it on a track but played around on some slick concrete and took it to a local bashing spot. So far pretty frick'n cool. I tried a various of settings and it seem to be best aroud 50% for what I did. I'll know better once I'm able to get it to the track and post more if anyone cares for the input.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Using the stock spur gear what size pinion would be a good start using a 4s lipo? I am thinking a 17t.
I'm running 17t, for me it seems to be a perfect fit.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Hyde16

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
Lee, use two pieces of thick paper to set the gear mesh.
Continue to back the gears off of each other until you don't hear a sound when rolling the chassis back and forth. I thought mine was set too far away from each other but it was perfect.
Thanks for that, i'll have a go this evening.

Are you using the stock pinion and flywheel?
Yes

Are they worn down from driving it with the gear mesh too tight?
I don't know, there has obviously been some wearing as the pinion teeth are silver as opposed to black, but they don't look to be excessively worn at all. i'm going to order new cogs to be on the safe side.

I read earlier in the thread (actually read the whole thing) that you were looking at changing your centre to front and centre to rear drive shafts, have you had chance to do this yet? if so; is it relatively simple?

thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Mya View Post
Well I couldn't wait for the new shocks to come in to try out the Dbox, so I mickey-glued the shock and ran it tell it broke again. Wasn't able to get it on a track but played around on some slick concrete and took it to a local bashing spot. So far pretty frick'n cool. I tried a various of settings and it seem to be best aroud 50% for what I did. I'll know better once I'm able to get it to the track and post more if anyone cares for the input.
Im definately interested in the results!
Old 02-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Mya View Post
I am absolutely interested as well, post all results. Hopefully youíll spoil us with a video!!!!!

Originally Posted by Lgbzone View Post
I read earlier in the thread (actually read the whole thing) that you were looking at changing your centre to front and centre to rear drive shafts, have you had chance to do this yet? if so; is it relatively simple?
Good, try out the gear mesh again and please let us know your results. Weíll get you to eliminate that noise.

As for the drive shafts, I found the kits I would need to buy in order to convert the center front and center rear shaft to universals but to be honest I spoke with Travis from HPI and he said they are really not necessary. He explained the wear and tear and that our cash could be used towards other upgrades like tires, radios, shocks, springs, gears, etc. He said if they ever wear out it will cost us less to replace the stock bones vs. the universal kits. He said we would not really see a performance gain. I got the old ďif it ainít broke donít fix itĒ.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Pinion size??

What is the biggest pinion gear that you can use with the stock spur gear? Iím currently running a 17 and it does not look like there is a whole lot of room to run anything bigger than that unless I change the spur. Iím going to be racing this buggy this summer but I just want to do some speed runs to see how fast this thing can go
Old 02-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The biggest I could fit on there was a 18t.. but im thinking about switching the spur gear to a 46t if it cant keep up with my inferno on the road track we have.. Were runnin on 6s and the mph for this track need to be right at 60 to max out on the straight away!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here are some pics of the sealed esc. it doesn't look as pretty as before but no dirt can get anywhere near the board and the fan can be changed(the stock fans don't last) The stock one was 5v so im looking for another on of similar size but better quality. It is not necessary if geared right but nice to have. The top holder brace should hold a new fan in nicley.
I squeezed silicone around the caps and bullet connectors and pressed the top bit of the case on then turned it around and totally filled the bottom and pressed the bottom lid on. 100% sealed.

I have read the whole thread and seen all the starting advice on diff setup. I am running 5-5-2 BUT I want to know what people are using NOW. What they have changed to after running it a while or if they are happy with 552.
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-esc1.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-esc2.jpg  
Old 02-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

I did some research on the ebay seller I have been winning from and it seems the same people that bid each week are just trying to win these items but get sniper bidded in the last few seconds.I thought about it alot.The seller posts vorza parts every sunday.If you search vorza on ebay he is the only game in town that is it.If you go to hpi and hotbodies not much is able to be added to your cart because it says out of stock.I wont even go into tower hobbies because 75 percent of their entire inventory is either on order,out of stock ,discontinued you get the point.I am quite certian that these are a few of the same vorza owners just trying to win spare parts.I lost some auctions three weeks in a row so someone can think I am his friend helping him out.But I know I have a box full of parts from the bids I won.He ships superfast and everything is just like he says.You just have to make sure you dont overbid by too much but it is supply and demand.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Transponder mounting location

Has anyone determined a great location for a transponder? Any pics?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service