HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree4Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peloche View Post

If you find something wrong don't go to lost and found property , tell me i'll appreciate your help.
Odd camber on rear left tire? or is it the camera angle?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Ooooops sorry wrong mounting, i've installed king pin bushing (67390) upside down, i've modified already on Vorza, i'll change pics tomorow.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TRiN View Post
Hi TRiN,

Thanks for your comment, you have got the same feeling as myself, i've checked very quickly yesterday evening before to post the pics and didn't find any issue but i'll check again tonight with more accuracy.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Some pics of mine

In some of the pics, I had my GPS strapped on which I normally use for cycling for some speed runs. In one of the pics you can just make out the readout of 74.1kmph...on thick lush grass
Old 02-17-2012, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Some pics of mine

In some of the pics, I had my GPS strapped on which I normally use for cycling for some speed runs. In one of the pics you can just make out the readout of 74.1kmph...on thick lush grass
Very nice TRiN

Do you wax your tires ? Your Vorza looks like brand new, you maintain it very well, congrats

Which GPS are you using ?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

I've checked, camber is similar on left and right, better view:

Old 02-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Front Suspension Block Question

I kept dislodging my front suspension pins and finally realized I had no 14mm cap head screws that screw the block (67384) into the differential case. Did they fall out or were they never there?? Also, I see 2 pre-drilled holes under the chassis that are directly under pre-threaded holes in the front steering block. Nothing in the schematic shows any screws there, but it would seem to me that there needs to be for more stability. I placed a screw in each hole for added strength. Any thoughts??

Rick from Boston

PS What is the purpose of screws #100558, tiny things that screw into the front block? They don't appear to hold anything.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rickgi View Post
I kept dislodging my front suspension pins and finally realized I had no 14mm cap head screws that screw the block (67384) into the differential case. Did they fall out or were they never there?? Also, I see 2 pre-drilled holes under the chassis that are directly under pre-threaded holes in the front steering block. Nothing in the schematic shows any screws there, but it would seem to me that there needs to be for more stability. I placed a screw in each hole for added strength. Any thoughts??

Rick from Boston

PS What is the purpose of screws #100558, tiny things that screw into the front block? They don't appear to hold anything.
Hi rickgi,

You should have this 3.5x14mm screws (94675) to hold the block 67384.

I don't see any pre-drilled holes under the chassis on the side of the steering block on my Vorza, only two holes for the battery case (they are located under my Delrin skid)

100558 make suspension shaft captives.

Last edited by Peloche; 02-17-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Peloche. I have one of the newer (orange-colored) Vorzas, and there are definitely 2 pre-drilled holes under the steering block.
BTW, what is a suspension shaft captive?

Rick
Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Peloche. I have one of the newer (orange-colored) Vorzas, and there are definitely 2 pre-drilled holes under the steering block.
BTW, what is a suspension shaft captive?

Rick
You're welcome, i've got also the orange one.

Suspension shaft captive means that your suspension pins http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=67415 can't come out.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Pelochi, you're talking about the small screws connecting to the front hinge pin plate. The SAME screw is also (according to the schematic) used for the steering block, for what purpose I don't know.

Rick
Old 02-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Peloche View Post
Very nice TRiN

Do you wax your tires ? Your Vorza looks like brand new, you maintain it very well, congrats

Which GPS are you using ?
Tyres were just mounted at the time. It doesn't quite look like that anymore I always try to remember and take some pictures before it gets driven like it's stolen...

It's quite good that the wing and front shock tower protector takes the majority of the impacts leaving the body untouched, so if I were to do a complete tear-down and rebuild, I think I would be able to get it almost looking like the pics again.

GPS I use is a Garmin Edge 500...
Old 02-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice looking V!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looking good Trin! But yours is too clean as well! . I love the wheels! My big blocks just showed up tonight and although I wanted to keep the stock wheels I couldn't pass up the price for the pre-mounted black dishes with the big blocks.

Extra rear strut tower and CV boots showed up as well so I'll be installing those tomorrow. I'll try to throw up some pics of my machine. I was hoping to keep the front strut tower pads when I doubled mine up but no good way to do it short of gluing it on and that wouldn't last 10min!

Son and I found an Awsome bashing spot in the field this afternoon. 20' hill with terraces and a creek bed at the bottom!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Pelochi, you're talking about the small screws connecting to the front hinge pin plate. The SAME screw is also (according to the schematic) used for the steering block, for what purpose I don't know.

Rick
Hi Rick,

Yes both sides of suspension pins (67415) are equipped with this screws (100558) for the same reason.

For holes :

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service