HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HYDE16
Not to dampen your mood but I think those have been out for a while...
Oh yea?? COOL! I gada get one being that i paint cars for a living lol..
Did you just like the D8 body better or somthing?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Mya
I use nothing but MaxAmps and they are 60c. i have 8 packs from them and they have all been great!
Maxamps are great packs I used to use them before I was married with children, cant afford them anymore LOL. The 60C rating they put on their packs are Burst not continious. They are 30C continious 60C burst which is good. They got tired of some companies putting 40C 50C BS on their packs just to sell them. They did tests and found some companies lied or rounded up the rating just for marketing. There is a company that tells the truth about their c rating. He isnt selling packs like hot cakes but he told me he would rather not sell them like hot cakes and tell the truth. TruRC.com his packs have beat others in side by side tests with 15-20c ratings on his packs against other 30-40C packs. I forget where the tests are some other rc site I know that LOL. He is also in the US and makes many styles sizes ect of packs at good prices too.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Mr. Maya

The outer hing pins with the nut have been working great. No problems.

I race my Vorza, so it was a great upgrade. I don't have to worry about them.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Initiate

I'll definitely be getting a Vorza clear body. I'll post pics when I'm done painting it.

Hyde16, I'd love to see how the D8 body turns out. I think its a great looking body.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay I ordered a 5000 4s 40c Turnigy pack from Hobbyking(should have bought two at there price).Not sure how long it will take to get from hong kong. I didnt realize the only charger I have, the Duratrax Onyx 230 is only from 1 to 3s lipo.Can someone recommend a good ac/dc charger for lipo packs up to 6s.I will check out the front rctech page for charger threads in the meantime.Thanks.brian
Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have the same packs, they are great. it is always a good idea to get a good charger. Sadly pretty much all good high wattage chargers require a seperate power supply. I really like my Hyperion duo2. It is dual channel so you can ballance charge 2 packs at once. 180w per channel. I have it hooked to a variable voltage 35a computer power supply I got on ebay for about 60 bucks. I can charge 2x6s 5000mah packs at 2c each if I want. Now thats power! there is now a hyperion duo3 out which is similar. Also the Bantam range of chargers are very good. if you get a cheap low wattage charger you will wish in the future you had a dual channel one with some power. Trust me.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info.i have my own high amp power supplies so i think I am going with the icharger 106b+.I pretty much has everything I want and the rice is great.

http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=6792

Last edited by bnangle; 02-09-2010 at 10:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bnangle
Okay I ordered a 5000 4s 40c Turnigy pack from Hobbyking(should have bought two at there price).Not sure how long it will take to get from hong kong. I didnt realize the only charger I have, the Duratrax Onyx 230 is only from 1 to 3s lipo.Can someone recommend a good ac/dc charger for lipo packs up to 6s.I will check out the front rctech page for charger threads in the meantime.Thanks.brian
I have 6 AC/DC chargers at the moment (don't ask), but if I had to buy all over again (which I just may at some point), you can't beat the Dynamite Passport Ultra.

Balance ports built in, charges up to 8 amps, AC/DC, banana plugs, adapters for everything, and the best part - the DC plug is removable, so you only plug in the power type source you need. All my AC/DC chargers have the DC wires coming out of the charger, and you can't remove them so they just dangle. It's rather annoying, and the Dynamite charger is much cleaner in that respect. Less wires is always a good thing.

- Paulie
Old 02-10-2010, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Mya
I use nothing but MaxAmps and they are 60c. i have 8 packs from them and they have all been great!
Same here, I have my 60C 6500 4S hard case battery.
I'm overly impressed with this battery so far and will continue to purchase from Maxamps.

Originally Posted by *BBB*
Oh yea?? COOL! I gada get one being that i paint cars for a living lol..
Did you just like the D8 body better or somthing?
Actually I was just talking to Travis from HPI and he modified a D8 body to fit the Vorza, I told them I wanted to test it and provide a write-up here on this forum so they are sending me a clear D8 body when they are back in stock. Talk about amazing customer service.

Originally Posted by Fastenough
Hyde16, I'd love to see how the D8 body turns out. I think its a great looking body.
Thanks, I can't wait to get it and post everything up for you guys!!!
After I get the body, I'll take picture of how I trim it and cut out the hole for the ESC wires. Then I'll send it off for my paint job! Speaking of, can anyone recommend a painter to reproduce similar detail?

Old 02-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by malik
Maxamps are great packs I used to use them before I was married with children, cant afford them anymore LOL. The 60C rating they put on their packs are Burst not continious. They are 30C continious 60C burst which is good. They got tired of some companies putting 40C 50C BS on their packs just to sell them. They did tests and found some companies lied or rounded up the rating just for marketing. There is a company that tells the truth about their c rating. He isnt selling packs like hot cakes but he told me he would rather not sell them like hot cakes and tell the truth. TruRC.com his packs have beat others in side by side tests with 15-20c ratings on his packs against other 30-40C packs. I forget where the tests are some other rc site I know that LOL. He is also in the US and makes many styles sizes ect of packs at good prices too.
Thanks for the info... I'll check it out, i'm always up for testing something new. I'm married with children too, but I just take off the last zero when my wife asks how much lol
Old 02-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fastenough
Mr. Maya

The outer hing pins with the nut have been working great. No problems.

I race my Vorza, so it was a great upgrade. I don't have to worry about them.
Good to know, thanks. I plan to just race mine also. As you can see I've got plenty of bashers. And now that i've beed to the track a couple of times, I can start making some educated upgrades.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by danulmer18
I have the same packs, they are great. it is always a good idea to get a good charger. Sadly pretty much all good high wattage chargers require a seperate power supply. I really like my Hyperion duo2. It is dual channel so you can ballance charge 2 packs at once. 180w per channel. I have it hooked to a variable voltage 35a computer power supply I got on ebay for about 60 bucks. I can charge 2x6s 5000mah packs at 2c each if I want. Now thats power! there is now a hyperion duo3 out which is similar. Also the Bantam range of chargers are very good. if you get a cheap low wattage charger you will wish in the future you had a dual channel one with some power. Trust me.
I went through 3 different chargers before I finally buckled down and put up the $$ for a Hyperion duo2. I have 2S, 3S & 4S packs and have no problems. The dual charging feature is great. Final word... excellent charger, would have saved a lot of $$ if I would started there first.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=HYDE16;6984848]Same here, I have my 60C 6500 4S hard case battery.
I'm overly impressed with this battery so far and will continue to purchase from Maxamps.

I just got my 6500 from MaxAmps yesterday, but still down with the broken shock, so i'll have to wait to test it out. I've also have 2 MaxAmp 5250 3S 11.1v that I have for my E-Revo that I want to try out also.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

oh sweet, looks like we have the same battery, you're going to love it!
I still haven't pushed it to see how long the runtime is but so far it's plenty long.
Currently, I'm working from home because Northern NJ is getting slammed with 12 - 16" of snow all day.

Hard Case Lipo 6500SS 4S 60C 14.8V Battery Pack

Hard Outer Case
6500mah Capacity
14.8 Volts
47mm X 139mm X 51.5mm
60C - 5770 surge watts(390 amps)
676 grams
5C Fast Charge Capable
Water-sealed for all-weather protection
Built today with factory fresh cells

Old 02-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default "]#80588 ADJUSTABLE STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM / DRIFT ASSIST

Has anyone given any thought to the D-Box upgrade?

#80588 ADJUSTABLE STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM / DRIFT ASSIST

Click here for a video of the HPI D-Box Drift Assist in action

I know they show this for street / carpet racers but do you think it would work rounding out the turns on dirt tracks? They have it listed as an option part under the Vorza site.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.