Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Tech Regular

Finally put in some decent run last weekend ... this is a really torquey car...and only on 4S 30C... quite a handful already. I can understand why some of you are spinning it. I had a little trouble oversteering myself when i kickdown the power on the start straight. Had to backoff on the power...I read somewhere I can cure this by stiffening up the front shocks?

Was racing a kyosho VE and had a hard time keeping up... as he could apply more consistent power(a better way of saying the vorza driver sucked )

On the rebound rate... after giving it some thought.. I concluded must be the springs... the buggy yellows must be a little too weak for the weight of the vorza... so I am back on the blues now with stock absorbers without any spacers. Its just soft enough without being overly bumpy.. and the rebound is much better...will up the oils to 60wt for a little more cushion OR swap back the caster longer shock next round. Diffs I am running 5-5-5 next will try 5-5-2

So far no issue with the jumps.. it jumps great for such a heavy car ... just remember to give it enough speed...

Next week hopefully will have a caster joining the race too... huhu Cant wait for the 3way shootout...
Old 02-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PorTX
I am going to try 5,000 center - 5,000 front - 3,000 rear. Still really new at all this but my main issue during the race is if there is a small bump the car will almost turn around. To me it seems like maybe the 100,000 diff fluid is causing the tires on the ground to pull to one side instead of working the diff, and/or a combination of no side bite in the tires? I maybe way off base but I watch car after car soak up those rough areas and I was spending time trying to steer clear of the 2 areas of the track that seemed to grab my car and spin it. But once I started staying wide or taking the inside line around the 2 spots I could maintain my pace. Just racing the clock trying to put up the same lap times each lap.
on a straight over a small bump it spins? strange problem u have there.. its unlikely to do so from my experience as the car carries quite a bit of forward momentum ... hmm tats weird
Old 02-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigben1165
we want pix!!
Picked up a Losi 8ight T-E and a Jammin CRT .5 T-E for cheap! here are some pictures of when i got them. i'm almost done building them and will get you guys some pix after they're completed

goodbye vorza

Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

they look pretty sweet dude!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ascari-A10
hmmm.. what voltage are you running? 6s?..
I am running 4s (2 - 2s 5000mah Turnigy 30-40c hardcases) and stock 15t pinion. The car will come up to speed fine. If I come into a rough section and only the one side of the car gets into bumps the car will pull (almost u-turn) in the direction of the bumps. Thought maybe it was the 100,000 diff oil not letting the diff slip (diff action) and send power to alternate wheels?? I may be WAY off base but I am going to start with what I see most people running at tracks (somewhere around 5-5-3).

Last edited by PorTX; 02-28-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

I am running 4s (2 - 2s 5000mah Turnigy 30-40c hardcases) and stock 15t pinion. The car will come up to speed find. If I come into a rough section and only the one side of the car gets into bumps the car will pull (almost u-turn) in the direction of the bumps. Thought maybe it was the 100,000 diff oil not letting the diff slip (diff action) and send power to alternate wheels?? I may be WAY off base but I am going to start with what I see most people running at tracks (somewhere around 5-5-3).
i lot of vorza racers start with 5k-5k-5k
Old 02-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by johncjy
on a straight over a small bump it spins? strange problem u have there.. its unlikely to do so from my experience as the car carries quite a bit of forward momentum ... hmm tats weird
The bumps are large enough that it is either dragging the chassis and pulling the car to one side. Or with no rear side bite (see tire pictures on pg 215) when the car is hitting the washout bump that is at an angle across the race line, the forward momentum and no side bite is letting the car slip to one side in the rear? Like I said I may be way off and I probably am. But I guess the way to tackle both of these is to go to a more normal diff oil in the center and, of course put on new tires!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigben1165
i lot of vorza racers start with 5k-5k-5k
On a really hard pack track that has a lot of marbles just outside the race line, would you want a car that has more front bite? Seems like 5-5-5 would be equal power to all 4 wheels. If the rear was getting the same power as the front, would the front want to push on a loose track? Again I maybe way off, that is why I talk about here in the thread so that I can ask and learn.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

someone with more race experience will have to answer that one.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

On a really hard pack track that has a lot of marbles just outside the race line, would you want a car that has more front bite? Seems like 5-5-5 would be equal power to all 4 wheels. If the rear was getting the same power as the front, would the front want to push on a loose track? Again I maybe way off, that is why I talk about here in the thread so that I can ask and learn.
I have found 5 front, 5 center, 2 rear to work the best for me. The Vorza doesn't have as much steering as other buggies. Not sure why to be honest. The Ve8 is very similar, but has more steering.

Besides the diffs, I've found that a softer front spring helps, but with the sacrifice that you'll bottom more. Keep all of the moving parts lubed up so they can move freely.

ben
Old 02-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by armourbl
I have found 5 front, 5 center, 2 rear to work the best for me. The Vorza doesn't have as much steering as other buggies. Not sure why to be honest. The Ve8 is very similar, but has more steering.

Besides the diffs, I've found that a softer front spring helps, but with the sacrifice that you'll bottom more. Keep all of the moving parts lubed up so they can move freely.

ben
you can try moving the battery as far forward as it will go to increase steering.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by armourbl

ben
Ben, thanks for the info. As for steering. It seems my car has plenty of steering. In fact I have the EPA turned down to 85% and I can still hold a tight line around the corner marker. Now that I think about it, once I replace the center diff oil, that probably will change the amount of steering I have. Oh this is going to be a blast to figure out!!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johncjy
Finally put in some decent run last weekend ... this is a really torquey car...and only on 4S 30C... quite a handful already. I can understand why some of you are spinning it. I had a little trouble oversteering myself when i kickdown the power on the start straight. Had to backoff on the power...I read somewhere I can cure this by stiffening up the front shocks?

Was racing a kyosho VE and had a hard time keeping up... as he could apply more consistent power(a better way of saying the vorza driver sucked )

On the rebound rate... after giving it some thought.. I concluded must be the springs... the buggy yellows must be a little too weak for the weight of the vorza... so I am back on the blues now with stock absorbers without any spacers. Its just soft enough without being overly bumpy.. and the rebound is much better...will up the oils to 60wt for a little more cushion OR swap back the caster longer shock next round. Diffs I am running 5-5-5 next will try 5-5-2

So far no issue with the jumps.. it jumps great for such a heavy car ... just remember to give it enough speed...

Next week hopefully will have a caster joining the race too... huhu Cant wait for the 3way shootout...
sorry john that i couldnt be of much help with the shocks and diffs..
Old 02-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

The bumps are large enough that it is either dragging the chassis and pulling the car to one side. Or with no rear side bite (see tire pictures on pg 215) when the car is hitting the washout bump that is at an angle across the race line, the forward momentum and no side bite is letting the car slip to one side in the rear? Like I said I may be way off and I probably am. But I guess the way to tackle both of these is to go to a more normal diff oil in the center and, of course put on new tires!
my friend who setup my car for me for the previous race actually changed the EPA to 130% on 1 side.. he was saying that there was something wrong and when he adjusted it.. it was fine.. my personally experience..

and yes a pro racer needs to address your problems.. MIGHT be that the servo isnt strong or fast enough to steer it back true.. not sure also..
Old 02-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

bigben bro.. i've got a deal for a caster F8T almost pro kit..

tenshock 2200kv motor, 150A HW esc, sanwa 29kg servo.. excellent price i guess.. lols.. the tenshock motor went for 1 or 2 runs at the start of the year only..

BUT! when u see photos, it'd be with the Vorza i have.. LOL!!

And another thing.. im gona sell my TX and RX to downgrade.. 4pk was abit overkill for an EP car.. but its a superb radio.. just a lil short on cash as well..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.