Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glenwyatt
Looks awesome Ben...do you want to sell it...LOL
naw, i think ill keep this one a while longer! ha!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by outtafocus
That body looks familiar......

I finally got my body back from my painter(my brother). It looks amazing, I will post up some pics once I get it all decaled up.

As for reinforcing the body holes. I never have done it before, but since I started running touring car and realized how brutal those cars are on bodies I have started doing this. I actually had my nose cone on my white Vorza body get torn off on the first lap I put the car on the track. The one on my car is from a D8 body.
I use self adhesive fiberglass drywall tape to surround the mounting hole or cover the weak point on the body, then I smear Shoe Goo or similar gooey adhesive all over the drywall tape. Dont worry about making it look nice and smooth, the glue will actually smooth its self out, dont try to over work it, it just makes a mess.
we did a similar thing for heli canopies. when you buy blades you get some plastic spacer shims that are basically 1" plastic round washers that are 1mm thick. we would open up the hole to match the canopy mounts and CA glue them inside the canopy for support. im sure the same thing would work for a buggy body.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ascari-A10
haha.. they're very grippy on road.. i thought with these tires it'd wear out quite fast but apparently when i ran on 1 full pack today on dry hot road, it still looks new.. it'd be a great recommendation from me.. if you use offroad tires prepare for the torque of the vorza to shred it in 5-6 runs.. with my new servo it turns in a jiffy too.. pretty quick..
i dont know how i missed these pics before, that body turned out bad a$$! nice job man! Also, i know you dropped some serious coin on the steering servo, it BETTER be sweet!!! but it will last 5-6x longer than any other servo.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have been working on getting the decals on my new Vorza body. Well its finally ready.
I still need to do my D8T and my new D8.
I havent had a chance to take some good pics of it yet, but here is a sneak peek of what is to come, was taken with my phone so not the best pic.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Blue washers

Originally Posted by bigben1165
naw, i think ill keep this one a while longer! ha!
Where did you get the blue washers? Did you have to replace any bolts (with longer ones) in order to use them?

Thanks Ben
Old 01-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Glenwyatt
Where did you get the blue washers? Did you have to replace any bolts (with longer ones) in order to use them?

Thanks Ben
hey glenn, i got them from tower hobbies. i have also upgraded to the SS rcscrews kit for the vorza. i used all the same screws.

LXKLX9 - 3MM countersunk washers - 10 pack (x5)
LXKLY1 - 4MM countersunk washers - 10 pack (x1)

i try to say it spreads out the force of the screw, but theyre just eye candy.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by outtafocus
I have been working on getting the decals on my new Vorza body. Well its finally ready.
I still need to do my D8T and my new D8.
I havent had a chance to take some good pics of it yet, but here is a sneak peek of what is to come, was taken with my phone so not the best pic.
[IMG][/IMG]
thats a pretty sweet shade of blue, i like the D8e sticker!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigben1165
hey glenn, i got them from tower hobbies. i have also upgraded to the SS rcscrews kit for the vorza. i used all the same screws.

LXKLX9 - 3MM countersunk washers - 10 pack (x5)
LXKLY1 - 4MM countersunk washers - 10 pack (x1)

i try to say it spreads out the force of the screw, but theyre just eye candy.
Thanks Ben!!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

We are leaning towards this buggy for my sons first electric 1/8th scale. Looks like a decent buggy after reading 18-20 pages of posts.

We already have a Spektrum radio so that is no problem. I'll paint up a ProLine MP9 body too of course.

What batteries is everyone using for racing, since we will race and aren't looking to set land speed records, i'm thinking 4S is plenty?

lmk, thanks

Jim
W.E.D.
www.wedjim.com
Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
We are leaning towards this buggy for my sons first electric 1/8th scale. Looks like a decent buggy after reading 18-20 pages of posts.

We already have a Spektrum radio so that is no problem. I'll paint up a ProLine MP9 body too of course.

What batteries is everyone using for racing, since we will race and aren't looking to set land speed records, i'm thinking 4S is plenty?

lmk, thanks

Jim
W.E.D.
www.wedjim.com
I don't race anymore, and have had my Vorza for a little while now. I have to say, I really enjoy it!

Even on 4s, this is very fast! I am using a Turnigy 4500 30c and have no complaints; that said, I am looking to get a 6s lol.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

lmk, thanks

Jim
W.E.D.
www.wedjim.com

I havn't raced with the Vorza yet, but plan to give it a try this spring / summer. 4s for most applications is great... I run two SMC 5400 2s packs (50c I believe) as my hard case 4s setup. For speed & fun, I run a Voltz 6s... which is crazy fast (and gets expensive as its much easier to break parts!).

btw, those body designs on you sig link look fantastic... if they don't kill my wallet I might have to contact you guys.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

lmk, thanks

Jim
W.E.D.
www.wedjim.com

I have a 6 cell and it flys off the track. way way to fast. 4 should be good.

Heres a video of my vorza first day at the track with a 6s 5000ma 35c. Keep in mind this isnt even full throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adfyVK8Ndow

I have a few others on there if you want to see more.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Thanks Dagr!

VanillaTony, I was rofl watching that video. I'm not sure if it was funnier seeing how easily that thing ripped over the jumps with the 6s, or hearing the commentary, like Woohhhh, Ohhhhh hooohhhhhh.

Hahaha, good stuff.

Looks liek it handled quite a bit of abuse and only broke a rear hub? Looks like landing from 20 feet in the air going 40mph can do damage to any car though?

We have raced an RC8, MBX6, 777 and others, but this will be our first electric 1/8th. Looking foward to it, since Electric RULZ! Even gas guys need electric motors to race!

Starter Box!

...Jim
W.E.D.
www.wedjim.com
Old 01-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I cant say anything about the Vorza Fluz esc and motor, but I can say that the Vorza platform is a very good choice.

I am not a big fan of the motor mount, but it does hold the motor and the gear mesh very well. I am just worried chassis flex could cause the gear mesh to go out and jam or worse break the motor shaft. I was hopping HPI would release a nice CNC version.

Being a D8 based car, you know it will handle very well and the D8 parts are very durable. Most setups will transfer right over, just might need to add a little weight to your shock oils to compensate for the heavier Vorza.
Best part, just about any D8 upgrade will bolt right on. Shock towers, drive shafts etc.

I am using 2 2S Turnigy packs in this car and it has very good acceleration and top end. The 2 2S packs is a pain because of the amount of excess wire needed. I will be picking up the Turnigy 4500 4S brick eventually.

Now for some pics,
Form HB D8 converted to a Vorza using the Chassis and several other parts.
Hobbywing 80A esc with 2250Kv motor.
Proline Sniper tires
Losi wing
Ignore the goofy rear shock setup, I have my 112mm tower on but havent built my long rear shocks yet. I cant run till spring any way....
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow that looks awesome. Best one I've seen. By far man. Great job.

Hey Jim,
Check out this one I made a while back. Not one part broken during this whole video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pAvrRLTlA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.