Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree7Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

whats the most common part u guys brake on ur vorza im makin a order and need some suggestion.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Kylesfv View Post
whats the most common part u guys brake on ur vorza im makin a order and need some suggestion.
I am very interested in this too.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Here is a question for you guys running 2x2s lipo's. Are you guys getting one battery draining more than the other? I have two identical lipo batteries and one runs down to 3.2 volts per cell and the other is around 3.75 volts per. The battery thats at 3.75 volts is the same battery every run wether it's on the left or right plug (I have the batteries numbered so I know which is which). Both batteries charge and balance fine. I just feel like I am losing run time because lvc cuts in when the one battery hits 3.2.
The LVC reads the lipo packs as a whole, so if you have the LVC set to 3.2v/cell, then it will cut out when the pack reaches 19.2v overall.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DriftWoof View Post
I am very interested in this too.
I have broken a rear hub carrier and a shock end. but ask someone else and they'll have broken something else entirely. depends on where you drive and how you drive.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ReV:-O View Post
The LVC reads the lipo packs as a whole, so if you have the LVC set to 3.2v/cell, then it will cut out when the pack reaches 19.2v overall.
19.2v would be for a 6s I am running a 4s (2x2s on mine) which would be 12.8 cutoff. I have the cutoff set to auto on the esc. With the voltages per pack being (after lvc kicks in) 7.5 (3.75x2) and 6.4 (3.2x2) total being 13.9, that would seem that the esc is cutting out at 3.4 per and not the factory 3.2 setting. Or did they change the auto setting to 3.4v per cell?

Will have to get the castle link and check it out on the computer.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by horseteeth View Post
I have broken a rear hub carrier and a shock end. but ask someone else and they'll have broken something else entirely. depends on where you drive and how you drive.
Also broke a right rear hub yesterday and bent the hinge pin. And no hobby shops carry replacements in stock. Anyone know of any aftermarket (cheaper) aluminum rears for the vorza besides factory?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink esc settings

Hi Vorza brothers
I have had my vorza now with no probs at all, but cant find the esc standard settings, can anyone help out as to how everything is set up as it is still original and I will buy the link to set it up on the computer?
Thanks heaps
Old 08-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

who out there has been racing their vorza? has it been a pretty competetive buggy?
Old 08-17-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by crashman1 View Post
Hi Vorza brothers
I have had my vorza now with no probs at all, but cant find the esc standard settings, can anyone help out as to how everything is set up as it is still original and I will buy the link to set it up on the computer?
Thanks heaps
I'm not too sure what you mean, but when you connect the esc with castle link, it will display the current (stock) settings. Changes are then made from there.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by njmose1 View Post
who out there has been racing their vorza? has it been a pretty competetive buggy?
I've been racing mine for about 6 months at a couple of clubs, and yes it's very competative.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by njmose1 View Post
I have ran my Vorza in our Summer series, I'am currently second overall in my first season back driving 1/8th (usually race large scale). So I would say yes the car is competative.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I've been racing mine at club events and I've done well. 1st and 2nd place finishes for the most part. The buggy is more capable than I am as a driver...

Just picked up a used VE8 and I'm going to try it out for a while and see if I do better or not.

ben
Old 08-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I've been racing mine at club events and I've done well. 1st and 2nd place finishes for the most part. The buggy is more capable than I am as a driver...

Just picked up a used VE8 and I'm going to try it out for a while and see if I do better or not.

ben
I too picked up a very lightly used VE8 came with alloy skids, full spring set, ESC, motor, batts & a large selection of spares at a good price. I have ran it on a number of occasions now, I was blown away. The only setup change I have made from standard settings was yellow springs on the rear, so the car has loads of room for improved lap times.

Ben I'am sure you will be well pleased with your VE8.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kennyrc View Post
I too picked up a very lightly used VE8 came with alloy skids, full spring set, ESC, motor, batts & a large selection of spares at a good price. I have ran it on a number of occasions now, I was blown away. The only setup change I have made from standard settings was yellow springs on the rear, so the car has loads of room for improved lap times.

Ben I'am sure you will be well pleased with your VE8.
I'm hoping so. Mine came with the HHH chassis too. Just received it yesterday and I'm going through it completely.

ben
Old 08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Thanks Horseteeth for the reply, but I was after the stock setting for the esc?
does anyone know where I can find them,
Thanks again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.