Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree7Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Is there any way to get rid of the terrible noise from the pinion/spur gear? My buddies RC8e with the same MMM system is almost completely silent!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Limpan View Post
Is there any way to get rid of the terrible noise from the pinion/spur gear? My buddies RC8e with the same MMM system is almost completely silent!
Go to a Plastic Spur gear. Though I think the loud noise of the metal spur is quite menacing
Old 08-14-2010, 04:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by njmose1 View Post
since i've only had the Vorza for about a month and i'm pretty new to RC and especially 4wd, i'm in need of a lesson on diff fluids. the effects of changing them, what is stock on it, and what's good for racing?
http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=24&page=1
This may help you understand what and why.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

What plastic spur gear fits the Vorza? Link to LiquidRC, Amain or Towerhobbies would be appreciated
Old 08-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I haven't been on the Vorza thread in ages.

What have I missed?

I have raced my Vorza with the Hobbywing 80A system several times and I am very happy with the handling and power.

Unfortunately we have had horrible weather this summer and every race day seems to get rained out.
It sucks.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks Lazer Guy, that helps quite a bit.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Some of you will hate me for saying this, but the reason the Vorza gear mesh is so loud is because of the stock motor mount. It makes it very difficult to get the gear mesh to line up perfectly and square. My D8T electric conversion wasn't as loud as my Vorza metal on metal.

As soon as I switched to the Elite RC motor mount, things improved quite a bit, but my spur was already damaged and it was eating pinions alive. I did some researching and found a Kyosho plastic spur that will mount right up to the D8/D8T/Vorza center diff. They have a 44t and 46t option. I posted a few pages back with photos. I installed it with a new pinion and it has lasted about 10 battery packs with no real signs of wear.

For best results, I recommend raising the center diff about 2.5 to 3mm. Also, you must use the Vorza top center diff cover, and dremel it just a hair to provide clearance. The D8/D8T top cover will not work.

I would not recommending using a plastic spur with the stock Vorza motor mount. When the chassis flexes, because the motor is mounted to the chassis, it will move with the chassis and chew the spur. With an motor mount that mounts directly to the center diff riser, you won't have this problem, as the spur, pinion and motor will all move together as a unit.

ben
Old 08-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by njmose1 View Post
thanks Lazer Guy, that helps quite a bit.
You are very welcome, I'm glad it helped !!!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here are some pics of my J-Concepts Illuzion Kyosho MP9 shell fitted to my Vorza ready for the last round of our summer series. Not much time so it got the one can treatment.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Kennyrc, I read one of your earlier posts showing your set of Tekno RC shock towers.

I am thinking of ordering up a set of these towers, do they have the same mount locations as the stock towers?

Also, I saw in your earlier pics that you had a Losi wing mount bolted on, but in your newest pics I see the mount looks Losi but with the bolt down style attachments. What wing mount do you like best? I was actually thinking of trying out Tekno RCs own wing mount because it bolts to the bulk head and will help the tower from bending, have you tried their mount?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by outtafocus View Post
Kennyrc, I read one of your earlier posts showing your set of Tekno RC shock towers.

I am thinking of ordering up a set of these towers, do they have the same mount locations as the stock towers?

Also, I saw in your earlier pics that you had a Losi wing mount bolted on, but in your newest pics I see the mount looks Losi but with the bolt down style attachments. What wing mount do you like best? I was actually thinking of trying out Tekno RCs own wing mount because it bolts to the bulk head and will help the tower from bending, have you tried their mount?
Yes the Tekno shock towers fit no problem & use the same mounting holes etc, they have proved very durable & still look great after a full summer seasons racing.

I still use the Losi 8ight wing mount as it to screws into the diff bulkhead same as the tekno wingmount but is a fraction of the price, I have now modified it slightly by using the top part of the Vorza wing mount fitted to the Losi wing mount (a small amount of dremel work is req'd). This mounts the wing more or less at standard height/anlge. I allways felt the Losi wing mount alone placed the wing a little low.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kennyrc View Post
Here are some pics of my J-Concepts Illuzion Kyosho MP9 shell fitted to my Vorza ready for the last round of our summer series. Not much time so it got the one can treatment.

I almost got this body instead of the Kyosho unit. But, I wasn't sure it would fit. It is cheaper, so I wish I had taken the change now. I like the air scoops, and would like more air flow. The Kyosho unit doesn't have this.

ben
Old 08-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I almost got this body instead of the Kyosho unit. But, I wasn't sure it would fit. It is cheaper, so I wish I had taken the change now. I like the air scoops, and would like more air flow. The Kyosho unit doesn't have this.

ben
Yes in the UK the J-Concepts body retails for around 20.00 where as the official Kyosho shell retails at 35.00.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

love that paint scheme. and the jconcepts body also.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Here is a question for you guys running 2x2s lipo's. Are you guys getting one battery draining more than the other? I have two identical lipo batteries and one runs down to 3.2 volts per cell and the other is around 3.75 volts per. The battery thats at 3.75 volts is the same battery every run wether it's on the left or right plug (I have the batteries numbered so I know which is which). Both batteries charge and balance fine. I just feel like I am losing run time because lvc cuts in when the one battery hits 3.2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.