Aluminum steering arm
M2C outside hinge pins
Otherwise the car is solid.
E
Old 07-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Angry

i need helpppppp!!!!! i programed the esc and when i pull the trigger toward me it goes in reverse isnt it supposed to go foward

'''?????
Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Don't know about your HPI rig, but my Spektrum DX3.0 has a feature to invert the throttle/steering so try looking through your manual for such feature.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default settings

Which settings did you mess with?i need to know this first before i can give you accurate answer.You should be able to swap any of the 3 motor wires around to make it go forward.Still tell me the settings that you messed with to see if your not gonna mess any thing up.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

i did what the manual said foward than re3verse then nutral .... the after it finshed the controls were messed up
Old 07-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Switch 2 of the wires going to the esc and re-program the esc to the radio. Should fix the issue
Old 07-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Talking

Selling the wide conversion kit for the vorza, getting another r/c in the future. Check it out here -

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...rsion-kit.html
Old 07-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Switch 2 of the wires going to the esc and re-program the esc to the radio. Should fix the issue
i swithched the cable and re did then it went in the right direction but forward was slow and reverse was in sanely fast
Old 07-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

I would check the esc settings also using the castle link on your computer to see if everything is ok there.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default ESC Firmware and Settings

So it's been a while since we've brought up the latest Castle Creations ESC firmware and our settings.

Last we spoke, Paulie (pgeldz) said he tried installing the V3.25 software.
Has anyone else tried this one or is there a newer version out there?

Also, we've spent some time with our cars on the track to get our setups right. Has anyone really refined the ESC programmable settings since their intial testing?

Where are you guys now and can you post your current settings?
I find that my car is overly powerful for the mid to small size track I run at.
I'm overshooting turns and loosing traction due to the amount of torque.
I'm wondering if I should scale back my car near training mode to keep it controlled.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I stay current with the firmware and have yet to run into an issue. I even run the betas when they are available.

I've discovered through testing and asking a lot of questions that it is best to disable most of the programmable functions in the ESC and tune control through your radio. I'm talking about stuff like disabling punch control, only running 25% or less brakes, no drag brakes, no throttle or brake curves, etc. Run 0 timing and low initial start speed.

Tune with your radio. Start out at 25% throttle EXPO, turn up the EPA on your brakes until you find the sweet spot, etc. The result of all of this is less heat in the ESC and motor. You are also more in control of things with your throttle finger.

I ran like this at my last race and was much happier with my temps and the way my buggy ran.

I'm still working out suspension tuning. I'm going to try some 1.2 shock pistons in the rear and experiment with shock oils. This should give me more pack on high speed hits and help prevent bottoming as much while still allowing the suspension to move appropriately over the small stuff. We'll see.

ben
Old 07-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Kylesfv View Post

i swithched the cable and re did then it went in the right direction but forward was slow and reverse was in sanely fast
Does your radio controller have a switch on the top that says "reverse".
If it does, click it to that.
See if that solves your problem.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kylesfv View Post

See the attached picture. I drew this up really quickly in MS Paint. This is how my motor is wired to the ESC. Set your's the same. Make sure in the ESC software that your motor direction is not reversed. Also make sure your radio throttle isn't reversed, should be a switch on the stock radio, one for throttle and one for steering.

Beyond that, you need to go to your local hobby shop with your buggy and radio, batteries, etc., and ask them to help you.

ben
Old 07-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Forgot to attach the file. Here it is...
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-wiring.jpg  
Old 07-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I stay current with the firmware and have yet to run into an issue. I even run the betas when they are available.

I've discovered through testing and asking a lot of questions that it is best to disable most of the programmable functions in the ESC and tune control through your radio. I'm talking about stuff like disabling punch control, only running 25% or less brakes, no drag brakes, no throttle or brake curves, etc. Run 0 timing and low initial start speed.

Tune with your radio. Start out at 25% throttle EXPO, turn up the EPA on your brakes until you find the sweet spot, etc. The result of all of this is less heat in the ESC and motor. You are also more in control of things with your throttle finger.

I ran like this at my last race and was much happier with my temps and the way my buggy ran.

I'm still working out suspension tuning. I'm going to try some 1.2 shock pistons in the rear and experiment with shock oils. This should give me more pack on high speed hits and help prevent bottoming as much while still allowing the suspension to move appropriately over the small stuff. We'll see.

ben
Ben,

Good advice with the remote vs ESC settings. Keep us posted on how the suspension tweaking goes, seems like most of us that race are still having issues getting things just right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.