HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks the red body looks sick...so its the regular stock d8 body
?
Old 07-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Correct, that was actually modified and tested by Travis at HPI.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Kenneth,

Your English is quite good. Maybe better than some of the Americans who post in these forums...

Try HobbyKing.com They are based in China and ship everywhere as far as I know. Their batteries are very reasonably priced too. I've purchases some from them and had good luck. Order processing and shipping can be a bit slow, but I guess that is typical for international transactions.

I would suggest that you not get dual packs. Get single packs. Also I don't recommend running 6S, even for bashing. Sure the motor and buggy can handle 6S, but the added power will shorten the life of everything, and really the buggy is fast enough on 4S.

ben
Thank you for replying and for your advice! I see that Hobbyking have very good prices as you said! I am considering 4s, but I know i will want to test the limits of the machine sooner or later, so its a hard choice.

I was also thinking that maybe when you run a 4s you are more likely to run the battery to its limits than when running a 6s if driven the same way? Can strain on the battery (if there is such a thing) transfer to the rest of the electronics or shorten the life of the battery?

Is there any reason other than practical to get one 4s pack vs 2x 2s packs? Im thinking that if one battery fails you only have to replace one which is half as expensive as if the big one fails? (But then again you have double the chance...)
Old 07-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

ima bash at a backyard track spot would 3s be good or do i need a 4s?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kennethx1 View Post
Hello!

Please excuse my English as I am Norwegian. I am new to this forum and have just ordered a HPI Vorza Flux. I have been looking for Lipos but its expensive and hard to find in Norway. Does anyone know a good place to buy lipos, that can ship internationally and have reasonable prizes? Also what brands should I stick to? It would be nice if that store also have spares and upgrades for the Vorza. I will not use the car for races so its my understanding that they dont need to be ROAR approved.
Looking for 2x 3s packs.

Thanks, Kenneth
Kenneth,

Welcome to the boards. I also use Hobbyking.com for my batteries. Their Turnigy brand stacks up well with the competition as a very good price. As already mentioned, their turn around can be slow, especially if what you order is out of stock but worth the wait as you'll be saving a ton of money vs other branks like MaxAmps.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylesfv View Post
ima bash at a backyard track spot would 3s be good or do i need a 4s?
I really like the Vorza on 4S, as a matter of fact with 48T spur and 17T pinion I could almost get a way with 5S on a larger track I bash at. Although 4S is often more than enough power to clear any triples I've come across thus far. Anything more and you are probably just asking for broken parts. The MMM system in the Vorza is rated for 4S-6S, so I'd try to stay in that range if you can.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jcbudny View Post
I really like the Vorza on 4S, as a matter of fact with 48T spur and 17T pinion I could almost get a way with 5S on a larger track I bash at. Although 4S is often more than enough power to clear any triples I've come across thus far. Anything more and you are probably just asking for broken parts. The MMM system in the Vorza is rated for 4S-6S, so I'd try to stay in that range if you can.
but what about a 3s?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kylesfv View Post
but what about a 3s?
Run 2 3s for a total of 6s for retardo speed
Run 2 2s for a total of 4s or a single 4s for controllable speed at a track
I wouldn't run a single 3s, it would work but not ideal for the esc.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default conversion

hey guys im just wonder about the vorza the makers kinda based it off the HB d8 chasis and since the HB d8t uses the same chasis layout as the D8 could it be possible to make a VORZA -T using the rear arms dog bone etc from the d8t?
Old 07-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know if there are any alloy front hubs available for the Vorza? Can't seem to find any.

hey guys im just wonder about the vorza the makers kinda based it off the HB d8 chasis and since the HB d8t uses the same chasis layout as the D8 could it be possible to make a VORZA -T using the rear arms dog bone etc from the d8t?
Im sure I saw someone do this on here a while back. Can't seem to find the thread now. I believe they used D8T arms/driveshafts/hubs etc although a
D8T chassis is longer so would cost alot doing it that way
Old 07-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Actually, I run a single 3S pack in mine when I'm running the 1/10th scale track. It still accelerates great, but just doesn't have the top speed that 4S or larger provides. I've seen no issues with the ESC doing this, and the motor runs way cooler.

Depending on the size of your back yard, I'd say a single 3S would get the job done fine.

The Vorza really isn't a great basher. Sure it is durable, but it rides too low to drive on anything other than ideal terrain.

ben
Old 07-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Spudski View Post
Does anyone know if there are any alloy front hubs available for the Vorza? Can't seem to find any.

Im sure I saw someone do this on here a while back. Can't seem to find the thread now. I believe they used D8T arms/driveshafts/hubs etc although a
D8T chassis is longer so would cost alot doing it that way
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/67215/
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/67216/
Old 07-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up HPI Vorza ceramic bearing kit

Yes we do have the HPI Vorza ceramic bearing kit. It is a complete kit and $89.99 with FREE shipping worldwide. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Sweet

So your saying we get them with the bearings.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

I could be wrong but...
Vorza esc needs 120amp, this is why hpi say use 4s 30c batts minimum. 4s x 30c= 120.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.