Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree7Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:05 AM
  #2071  
Tech Adept
 
Mr. Mya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Sorry, got distracted. I used Loctite on the diff carriers top and bottom, motor mount screws, but not the locking screw.

ben
Thanks!
Mr. Mya is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 09:26 AM
  #2072  
Tech Regular
 
HYDE16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 407
Default

Droop can also be adjusted by twisting the ball ends at the end of the shock shaft. I didn't have screws either.

Originally Posted by Mr. Mya View Post
I've seen that video before, it helped me learn how to set up my ride hieght when I first started. Thats a almost perfect video, the only down side to it is, if you're new and don't know where to adjust the droop or how to make any adjustments you can kind of get lost because he doesn't actually make any adjustments. Now because the Vorza doesn't come with droop adjusting screws, I didn't understand how to adjust droop until I picked up a Losi 8ight-E 2.0 that has the droop screws installed. Yesterday I actually went ahead and order a set of Losi screws for my Vorza.
HYDE16 is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 10:09 AM
  #2073  
Tech Adept
 
Mr. Mya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
Droop can also be adjusted by twisting the ball ends at the end of the shock shaft. I didn't have screws either.
Interesting... I did not know that you could do that. Does that just limit and or extend the length of the shock to get the desired amount of droop? It seems that it might put a little unwant strain on the shock ball ends.
Mr. Mya is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
  #2074  
Tech Regular
 
HYDE16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 407
Default

To get to my droop settings I only extended them a tad.

There was plenty of thread still within the ball end. I only had to back them out slightly. Haven't broken one yet.
HYDE16 is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 10:22 AM
  #2075  
Tech Adept
 
Mr. Mya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
To get to my droop settings I only extended them a tad.

There was plenty of thread still within the ball end. I only had to back them out slightly. Haven't broken one yet.
Cool... good to know!
Mr. Mya is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 10:35 AM
  #2076  
Tech Regular
 
HYDE16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 407
Default

So here's a quick question,....how do I eliminate the squeaks?

Our track can be very dusty and at this point when I even touch the car it squeaks like my wife while watching a scary movie....

After the races I spray the a-arms and hubs down with the losi electronic cleaner. I also have 3-in-1 oil but I'm not sure where to apply.

Do I need to take the a-arms apart and clean them out too?
HYDE16 is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 PM
  #2077  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
So here's a quick question,....how do I eliminate the squeaks?

Our track can be very dusty and at this point when I even touch the car it squeaks like my wife while watching a scary movie....

After the races I spray the a-arms and hubs down with the losi electronic cleaner. I also have 3-in-1 oil but I'm not sure where to apply.

Do I need to take the a-arms apart and clean them out too?
I coat the moving parts with WD-40. Most of the squeaks come from the ball ends on the turn buckles and steering linkage. But I also get the hinge pins, shock ends, etc. Anything that moves when you flex the suspension. Squeaks go away and stay away until the lube dries out.

I'd be careful about allowing the shocks to be the downstops for your droop. As mentioned before, it would be better to use the stop screws to limit the doop. Only reason to extend the shocks by unthreading the bottom would be because you want to run more droop than the shock will allow.

ben
armourbl is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 01:05 PM
  #2078  
Tech Regular
 
HYDE16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 407
Default

Thank you Ben.

I have installed the screws since then to match the droop I currently have.
Now the screws are limiting the amount of droop to take the stress off the ball ends.
HYDE16 is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
  #2079  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Posts: 609
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Mya View Post
I've seen that video before, it helped me learn how to set up my ride hieght when I first started. Thats a almost perfect video, the only down side to it is, if you're new and don't know where to adjust the droop or how to make any adjustments you can kind of get lost because he doesn't actually make any adjustments. Now because the Vorza doesn't come with droop adjusting screws, I didn't understand how to adjust droop until I picked up a Losi 8ight-E 2.0 that has the droop screws installed. Yesterday I actually went ahead and order a set of Losi screws for my Vorza.
I'm new to all of this and trying to set up my Vorza for its first race this Thursday. Could you be so kind as to link the Losi screws you are referring to for droop, and would anyone be willing to post a picture of where the drop screws are inserted to adjust the droop? I have a general idea from looking at my arms but want to be sure.

Really appreciate the great info guys, please keep it up!
jcbudny is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:43 PM
  #2080  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jcbudny View Post
I'm new to all of this and trying to set up my Vorza for its first race this Thursday. Could you be so kind as to link the Losi screws you are referring to for droop, and would anyone be willing to post a picture of where the drop screws are inserted to adjust the droop? I have a general idea from looking at my arms but want to be sure.

Really appreciate the great info guys, please keep it up!
Save yourself some time and money. Go to your local Ace Hardware store and pick up some M4 x 10mm hex set screws.

As for the location, look on the bottom of your chassis where the bulkheads connect (4 screws). See the little wing that extends out, directly above that is the hole for the screws in your a-arms. The screws push on that little wing when you adjust them down.

The blow-up of the parts in your manual shows the screw location and part number. It starts with a Z if I remember right.

ben
armourbl is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 PM
  #2081  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Here, this pic should help.

ben
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-picvorza.jpg  
armourbl is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 05:05 PM
  #2082  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Posts: 609
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Here, this pic should help.

ben
Ben,

Thanks for the help with this, that is the location I had assumed to be correct, but knowing for sure helps. Is this hole threaded then so that when the screw is inserted it pushes down on the aluminum wing from the chassis?
jcbudny is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 AM
  #2083  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jcbudny View Post
Ben,

Thanks for the help with this, that is the location I had assumed to be correct, but knowing for sure helps. Is this hole threaded then so that when the screw is inserted it pushes down on the aluminum wing from the chassis?
Like most plastic, it isn't threaded, but the screws will cut threads the first time you install them.

ben
armourbl is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 AM
  #2084  
Tech Adept
 
Mr. Mya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by jcbudny View Post
I'm new to all of this and trying to set up my Vorza for its first race this Thursday. Could you be so kind as to link the Losi screws you are referring to for droop, and would anyone be willing to post a picture of where the drop screws are inserted to adjust the droop? I have a general idea from looking at my arms but want to be sure.

Really appreciate the great info guys, please keep it up!
Bens way will work just as well, but to answer your question, I get all my Losi parts from www.losipartshouse.com part# LOSA6295
Mr. Mya is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:50 PM
  #2085  
Tech Adept
 
durgaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 159
Default

hey guys
what are your opinions about the vorza? is it, um a durable car to go on the bashing side of things since i dont race anymore? or would i be better off just getting a MT for $799 australian dollar
durgaman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.