Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

can someone tell me whether ve8 pinions will fit the vorza?
the vorza gears are mod 1 pitch with a 5mm bore....
Old 06-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by horseteeth
can someone tell me whether ve8 pinions will fit the vorza?
the vorza gears are mod 1 pitch with a 5mm bore....
Yes the VE8 pinions fit the Vorza.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kennyrc
Yes the VE8 pinions fit the Vorza.
Awesome cheers man, I ordered a couple ve8 pinions then saw diiferent part numbers on hpi's site for the vorza!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitrox36
Hello you'll,

I just installed 112mm on my Vorza and with stock white springs, I have settled on 37.5 wt losi oil. Manual that came with the shocks recommend using 35 wt while stock shokc had 45 wt.

Are the orange springs much better? I reckon spring rate is higher on those hence the 50wt oil.

Anyway, it'd be good to see what others are using so I can set mine up appropriately.
Sorry for the slow response, I've been out of commission for awhile.

I like the orange way better, the white spring were just too soft, made the ride kind of sloppy.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Initiate

I finally installed the Elite RC mount that I ordered a few weeks back, and I am extremely impressed by the craftmanship! This mount is seriously a work of art! I had to Dremel off most of the heatsink pins from the bottom of the motor, and cut the mounting screws a little, but it fits perfectly!

I brought the Vorza to the track last night for our Thursday racing, dominated the Xray 808s and Losi 8ight 2.0s, took TQ and the win. The most important thing I noticed about the mount is that it seemed to run so much smoother. Also, the loud crunching metal sound of the gears seemed to dissipate. And yes, I set the gear mesh the same as I did for the stock mount, so I'm convinced that the Elite RC mount is mostly responsible for the softer sound.

Anyway, thanks longbill! This mount is awesome!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

pictures?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by keebler_rc
I finally installed the Elite RC mount that I ordered a few weeks back, and I am extremely impressed by the craftmanship! This mount is seriously a work of art! I had to Dremel off most of the heatsink pins from the bottom of the motor, and cut the mounting screws a little, but it fits perfectly!

I brought the Vorza to the track last night for our Thursday racing, dominated the Xray 808s and Losi 8ight 2.0s, took TQ and the win. The most important thing I noticed about the mount is that it seemed to run so much smoother. Also, the loud crunching metal sound of the gears seemed to dissipate. And yes, I set the gear mesh the same as I did for the stock mount, so I'm convinced that the Elite RC mount is mostly responsible for the softer sound.

Anyway, thanks longbill! This mount is awesome!
Remember to Loctite the screws for the mount and the motor. Mine were backing out until I do this.

Originally Posted by HYDE16
pictures?
I posted pics of mine a while ago.

ben
Old 06-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Ben, did you post pictures of the Flux motor mounted in your Vorza?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (96%+)

got a quick question here. the plastic tubes that hold the steering posts, are they supposed to be touching the chassis when they are installed properly? or there are supposed to be a little gaps in between?

please help!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by HYDE16
pictures?
I didn't get around to taking them last night, since I was racing, but I'll try to remember to snap a few before I head out of town this weekend.

@armourbl - I loctite'd the mount screws on the bottom of the chassis, the screws that hold the motor to the block, and the screw that sets the mesh. It all held up great through 3 7-minute heats and a 10-minute main
Old 06-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Here you go Hyde. Since I have everything loctited and I'm about to go out of town for the weekend, I didn't want to take off the motor to show all the heatsink pins I cut off, so I hope that's forgivable

The area inside the red box in the 3rd image are the rows of heatsink that i chopped and ground down a bit with my dremel. Honestly, it could use a little more grinding, but I didn't have the time, and it didn't seem bothered while running. Those heatsink pins are ground all the way around the bottom, to about the same spot on the other side.

I took about 3mm of length off the chassis mount screws because the hole in the mount is more shallow than the plastic diff mounts.

Hope this helps! It really is an awesome mount
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-dscn0253.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-dscn0254.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-dscn0257.jpg  
Old 06-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (96%+)

Originally Posted by erevo09
got a quick question here. the plastic tubes that hold the steering posts, are they supposed to be touching the chassis when they are installed properly? or there are supposed to be a little gaps in between?

please help!
anyone?!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Mya
Hey Ben, did you post pictures of the Flux motor mounted in your Vorza?
I thought I did. Now I'm not sure. Mine looks just like Keeblers above, but I didn't cut or grind off the heat sink on the motor. I just took to pieces of aluminum and made the center diff sit just a tad higher to provide the needed clearance.

ben
Old 06-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by erevo09
anyone?!
I haven't checked, but there's probably a slight gap between the chassis and the post to prevent the steering mechanism from binding. What kind of gap do you have? Hopefully the posts aren't jumping out of place.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by armourbl
I thought I did. Now I'm not sure. Mine looks just like Keeblers above, but I didn't cut or grind off the heat sink on the motor. I just took to pieces of aluminum and made the center diff sit just a tad higher to provide the needed clearance.

ben
How do the driveshafts do with the center diff being taller, do they pop out at all?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.