Old 05-05-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
what pinions are you guys running on tracks
18T with stock spur & 5S.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXK144&P=7

Ive seen these on losi 8ight and other people copied. Cut the top off and they slide over the drive shafts before you assy. the cv joint.

Look at the rear center drive shaft, you can see a black one.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Vision View Post
So I mounted up my new off-road setup today, fits the width of the car better than the slick -

Hi Vision, are those the Pro Line Badlands, how do you find them?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BadHeli View Post
I'm seriously considering getting a Vorza and was wondering if anyone can give me a ball park for what the max speed will be on 4S with an 18T pinion (stock spur). If you happen to know what it will do on 6S then that would be useful also.

I'm guessing maybe 40mph (but I'd prefer 50mph!).

What about running larger pinions with the stock spur. I read in one post that 18T is about as large as you can go with the stock spur due to the motor mount limitations - but don't know how true that is.

Thanks for any info,
Nick.
Well I can tell you on the track a 3s wasn't making the big jump. However with 6s it goes off the jump by three times about 25 yards and crashes in the other lane. Stock and 6s on the street is crazy fast, it probably shouldn't go any faster. I can get to top speed for about 1-2 sec before it is at the end of the street 8 houses over. 4s should go 35-45mph.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrexxy View Post
18T with stock spur & 5S.
how is your motor coming off after about 6 to 15 min
Old 05-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Good news people, just picked up the mounts from getting anodized, will update my inventory within the hour so check back in a bit to place your orders..

Here is what's back in stock..
RC8, D8, 808, MBX6, SCRT, Hyper9E, Mblox, & Hardware packs

Image of the new updated D8/Vorza motor mount..

My D8 mount will work on D8, D8T & HPI Vorza
Old 05-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Limpan View Post
Could you please take a photo of it?
I have lent out my camera at the moment so I can't take a shot. Sorry. I can't see how the pin could get through the heat shrink. It is very hard to push a needle through it. Maybe I have some thicker stuff. The rubber boots that come standard on the Losi's are called CVD condoms and do a similar job for the centre cvd's. They however won't fit inside the steering upright on the vorza or d8 (already tried)
Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by longbill76 View Post
Good news people, just picked up the mounts from getting anodized, will update my inventory within the hour so check back in a bit to place your orders..

can you make a center diff top plate to go with that? I keep splitting the plastic one on my D8t and know of another guy that did the same. Will I need a spacer on the bottom to mount it in a D8T? Looks sick by the way.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Neesh View Post
can you make a center diff top plate to go with that? I keep splitting the plastic one on my D8t and know of another guy that did the same. Will I need a spacer on the bottom to mount it in a D8T? Looks sick by the way.
Hi Neesh, sorry I have no plans on making other parts for the D8..
The D8 & D8T uses the same center diff mount, only difference is that the D8T requires a riser due to the larger center spur, so yes you will need to use the riser with my mount.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
how is your motor coming off after about 6 to 15 min
You mean in terms of motor heat?

If so I can't speak accurately, as my temp gun is still in the mail. For the moment I've been using the "okay if you can touch the motor can or esc for more than 3 seconds" method. Yes I know, very scientific.

Speaking of which... I have never heard my ESC cooling fan come. Not once in the whole time I've owned the Vorza. Either it's broken, or I am not pushing the car as hard as I think I am.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If so I can't speak accurately, as my temp gun is still in the mail. For the moment I've been using the "okay if you can touch the motor can or esc for more than 3 seconds" method. Yes I know, very scientific.

Speaking of which... I have never heard my ESC cooling fan come. Not once in the whole time I've owned the Vorza. Either it's broken, or I am not pushing the car as hard as I think I am.
ok that means its under 140 if ur fan isnt coming on
Old 05-06-2010, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Your fan should come on briefly every time you power up the esc. It is blown. Mine blew in the first 3 packs, they are poor quality. i cut the esc case so I can easily change the fan. Also sealed it from dirt while I was at it.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by longbill76 View Post

I was going to get two of these, but the timing just didn't line up. Now I've got too much stuff to pay off. Hopefully you won't run out of stock before I can be in a position buy these.

Does the design still provide an extra bearing exterior to the motor to help balance load on the rotor shaft?

ben
Old 05-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I was going to get two of these, but the timing just didn't line up. Now I've got too much stuff to pay off. Hopefully you won't run out of stock before I can be in a position buy these.

Does the design still provide an extra bearing exterior to the motor to help balance load on the rotor shaft?

ben
Just let me know when you're ready, just don't take too long
All my motor mounts have the incorporated bearing design for extra shaft support.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.