Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree7Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi guys, hoping you could help me understnad something.

Tell me how the 112mm long rear shocks could make any difference.

The droop settings ensure the arm down travel is not changed and the up travel is not changed. They just mount higher on the long shock tower but it seems to me the extra length cannot be made use of.

Am I missing somethig?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by danulmer18 View Post

The droop settings ensure the arm down travel is not changed and the up travel is not changed. They just mount higher on the long shock tower but it seems to me the extra length cannot be made use of.

Am I missing somethig?
My thoughts exactly; droop is set at a particular value, so is ride height, therefore even if they could travel further the chassis would hit the ground first.

I don't get it either.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Never could win these on Ebay, but wanted to try them. Someone posted a while back that using these would make the wheel base wider.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KYOSHO-INFERNO-S...item414ed21756

I got my Proline M3 Bowtie truggy wheels and tires in the mail today. They are HUGE compared the buggy tires....

ben

Post a pic!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

pics of Truggy wheels and tires on the Vorza.

Stock, the rear will rub the body. If it were widened just a tad, this wouldn't be an issue. It would surely look silly though...
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-p1010019.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-p1010020.jpg  
Old 04-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Am I missing somethig?
I think on a stock vorza you are correct, but for me since my car is so wide, it's actually a requirement as the stock shocks are not giving me enough rear end travel.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Stock, the rear will rub the body. If it were widened just a tad, this wouldn't be an issue. It would surely look silly though...
Nice, how does it handle ?. I'm thinking about truggy wheels, but still can't find a good onroad tire for them
Old 04-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vision View Post
I think on a stock vorza you are correct, but for me since my car is so wide, it's actually a requirement as the stock shocks are not giving me enough rear end travel.
So same with the D8 then right? So they only sell the extended shocks and tower to people who don't know better and have the money to spend? haha I'm glad I stuck with the stock ones
Old 04-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

How about the fronts, can you turn sharply without any rubbing? I didn't realize truggy tires were that much larger!

Are hub extenders and D8T arms the only option for widening the Vorza?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Did some testing last night on asphalt and wow the car is now impossible to flip over even on 6s and full steering lock. Still waiting on my 112mm shocks, so when I have that I will report back. Also picked up some 80wt oil today to stiffen up the cars as even with the red springs the car seems soft.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

So same with the D8 then right? So they only sell the extended shocks and tower to people who don't know better and have the money to spend? haha I'm glad I stuck with the stock ones
Yeah if you have a D8 I think the 112mm shock option is a waste. As mentioned I only bought them because of my wide conversion.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Got my D8 shift body finaly, I thinks it fits alot better than the Jc mp9 body. Here it is rough cut. After final trim, it fits perfect. Dosent hit my batteries and just sits above the motor heat sink. Little extra trimming to clear the mud flaps.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Yeah if you have a D8 I think the 112mm shock option is a waste. As mentioned I only bought them because of my wide conversion.
I talked to a guy at the track this weekend. He had a D8 and a D8T. He said the trick is to buy the rear D8T shock bottom eye-lets. They are about 3mm longer. Use them on the rear of the D8 or Vorza to help extend the travel height. He does the same thing with the front of the D8T.

ben
Old 04-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I talked to a guy at the track this weekend. He had a D8 and a D8T. He said the trick is to buy the rear D8T shock bottom eye-lets. They are about 3mm longer. Use them on the rear of the D8 or Vorza to help extend the travel height. He does the same thing with the front of the D8T.

ben
I under stand what you mean when you say to use the D8T shock lowers on the Vorza to extend the droop travel, but what do you mean when you say "He does the same thing with the front of the D8T."???? Do you mean he uses the rear lowers on the front of the D8T?

I think I answered my own question?

Blame the beer. If I answered my own ???

t
Old 04-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

ben
I'm also currently using the longer eyelets for the shocks, still though in the rear I just have barely enough travel, hence the 112mm shocks for me.

I need a stiffer spring now, anyone using something stiffer than the red's ?. Wondering if I should try one of the 76mm springs for the front.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How much could I sell a used Vorza for. It has everything stock except for motor and esc?

Have one to sell if anyone is interested.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.