HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread >

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Like Tree4Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wrexxy View Post
Hi Tonga,

It isn't a whole lot more $$$ for the 30C Turnigy batteries, why risk it? Plus if you go for single 6S 30C, it's only around $70 and can stay balanced easier than 2 paired packs.
Not thinking about $$$.. just waiting for my 5cells to arrive with the mail, but want to take it out this weekend for a couple runs with a friends lipo´s...
Old 03-31-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I'm running 50wt front and rear on mine right now and liking it much better.

What did you settle on for your diff fluids. If you read a few posts back you'll see that mine is ballooning the front tires with 5 7 3. I think I need thicker in the center.

ben
I'm actually running that same combo 5-7-3 and it's working for me. What battery pack are you running?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Well here's my first attempt at painting. This is the JConcepts body I trimmed and fitted earlier. It's a little mickey moused, done with rattle cans and poor masking tape, but good enough for the unforgiving practice runs at the track. It's pearl white, black metallic and florescent orange. The windows are tinted with silver trim. It would probably look much better if it didn't bleed through the tape so bad. Oh well, next time.

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-jc-1.jpg
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-jc-2.jpg
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-jc-3.jpg
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-jc-4.jpg
Old 03-31-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Mya View Post
Looks sharp Ryan! Can't wait to see it mounted. What body is that one again? I tried for the first time my knack at painted my JConcepts body over the weekend... lets just say... not so good. I'll have to take a far away picture of it for posting. Oh well... at least I know what I did wrong. Maybe I'll try it again. Who are you using to do your bodies?
Thank you! It's the Kyosho MP9 body. Yours looks great as well, the orange is sharp and the JConcepts body looks like a great fit. I should get it back before this weekend so I'll mount it and take pictures again to post up here.

I used Winning Edge Designs.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'm actually running that same combo 5-7-3 and it's working for me. What battery pack are you running?
It was doing this on 6S Lipo. I like running 6S to be honest, but I probably should consider only running 4S Lipo or 6S Life.

ben
Old 03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

It was doing this on 6S Lipo. I like running 6S to be honest, but I probably should consider only running 4S Lipo or 6S Life.

ben
I usually only run 4S, but I’ve found that it runs better on 5S on the bigger tracks. Haven’t ran 6S yet. Temps haven't gone over 116, unlike my 8ight-E, it will get up to 190 easy.

Last edited by Mr. Mya; 06-16-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

double post

Last edited by Kodiak ak; 03-31-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm using 5-7-3 in my difs and like it a-lot. I can't say its the best set up for me only because I haven't tried enough different dif weight oils. I'm using 45wt front and 60wt rear shock oil with stock springs, 19T pinion and 5S 30C 3800mah hard case batteries. Not sure what my ride height is other than I have my axles level with the work bench when the buggy is sitting static. I run on a big track set up for 1/5 scale. I like this setup and it works well for me. I placed 3rd in the main at my last race and set the fastest lap for the day.

Edit*

Temps
Air 70-75 and sunny
Batteries 90
Motor 119
ESC 140

Track condition, moist with .5-1 inch of loam.

Three 7min heats with one 25min main. Had to pit and change batteries during the main.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Well it sounds like you got yourself dialed in pretty good to me. I haven't raced mine yet but looking forward in doing so. Not a whole lot of 1/8 scale classes at the tracks I go to and the ones that do want you to start wiht 1/10 scale vehicles until you've won a few heats. So I'm suppose to dump more money on a 1/10 so I can run my 1/8... whatever.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Well it sounds like you got yourself dialed in pretty good to me. I haven't raced mine yet but looking forward in doing so. Not a whole lot of 1/8 scale classes at the tracks I go to and the ones that do want you to start wiht 1/10 scale vehicles until you've won a few heats. So I'm suppose to dump more money on a 1/10 so I can run my 1/8... whatever.
Ask them to watch you practice or something. Let them know that you aren't willing to go buy a 1/10th scale just to be able to race. They should want your participation and money.

ben
Old 04-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Ask them to watch you practice or something. Let them know that you aren't willing to go buy a 1/10th scale just to be able to race. They should want your participation and money.

ben
Thanks... thats a good idea. Not to blow my own horn but I'm usually one of the more capable drivers when I'm out on the track. I'll give it a shot.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Here she is in all of her glory.....W.E.D. Custom paint job on a Kyosho MP9 body.
After the ESC rotation and motor rotation to get the wires laid down as low as possible, the body fits perfectly.

-Guide for ESC rotation to move bullet connectors for aftermarket bodies-

There is actually less of a gap between the body and the chassis mud guards than I thought.
I'm much happier with the fit of this body now. In addition the ESC is completely protected from the rear.
I want to swap out my 68mm yellow springs for either the 60mm blue springs or 68mm red springs just for the look. The yellow springs are hideous.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Well it looks bad A$$! The blue hubs tie in real nice! Now go out and scratch it
Old 04-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks! Only prob is I have to get another wheel nut wrench.
The ones I used are the King Headz fine thread closed end wheet nuts but the wrench that came with the Vorza is too shallow to tighten them on all the way and hammer them down.

Any ideas on where to get a deep socket one?

Last edited by HYDE16; 04-02-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
Thanks! Only prob is I have to get another wheel nut wrench.
The ones I used are the King Headz fine thread closed end wheet nuts but the wrench that came with the Vorza is too shallow to tighten them on all the way and hammer them down.

Any ideas on where to get a deep socket one?
I have a new one on order with EDS, I should be getting it any day now, I'll let you know the depth when I get it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service